Author Topic: New York City Thread II  (Read 54335 times)

mei-mei

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: New York City Thread II
« Reply #460 on: July 29, 2019, 06:58:40 pm »
- okay ba ang food sa mga food cart/truck? and how much usually ang price range?

- mahal ba ang drinking water? how much? I was told pwede inumin tap water. is this true?

- madami ba accessible public toilet?

- okay ba yung tourist plan ng T mobile?

sorry dami tanong. will be travelling soon with our toddler kasi. I just want to double check everything.

we will be doing the bus tour, okay ba siya gawin based sa weather ngayon sa NYC?

TIA  ;)

- Depende kung gaano katibay tiyan mo. Sensitive tummy ko usually but I wanted to try just for experience. I bought from food truck outside MET yung meal na may rice. Well, nasira nga tiyan ko pero hindi naman yung grabe.

- Mura lang water from CVS (parang Mercury or 7/11 doon). Around $1+ lang yung 1 liter na bottle. You could also get it for free from your hotel. I dare not try tap dahil nga sensitive tummy ko.

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #461 on: July 29, 2019, 11:17:19 pm »
I drink NYC's tap water.  No problem for me.  I even drink Makati & QC's tap water.  Never had a problem... My friends from NYC also regularly stay with me in Makati.  They also drink my tap water.  They also never had a problem.  Pag pumupunta sila sa province & they drink the tap there, dun sila nasisiraan ng tyan.

rics

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #462 on: July 31, 2019, 03:12:22 am »
per person - yes including transpo, if I were to travel only within NYC and nearby areas

^
Naku hindi ako masyado makain. 2 lang kami. :) Yes I can survive with just fastfood. Sa Japan actually buhay na ako sa Family Mart. hehe. The $100/day is for one person only, inclusive of transpo?
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

huit

• Super GirlTalker
  • i want to be a full-time traveler
    • Travel With Toni
« Reply #463 on: July 31, 2019, 12:19:44 pm »
^

Oh okay. Thanks! :)
"Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love and never return."

www.travelwithtoni.com

eleine26

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #464 on: July 31, 2019, 01:03:43 pm »
what is the best internet package for tourist?

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #465 on: July 31, 2019, 05:20:01 pm »
I'm going to NYC on September.   Instead of buying a prepaid sim with text, calls & data, I just plan to buy a prepaid data sim card for my mobile hotspot https://www.att.com/prepaid/mobile-hotspot-tablet.html

realmofadreamer

• Junior GirlTalker
    • That Kid at Heart
« Reply #466 on: August 04, 2019, 07:28:44 am »
^
Naku hindi ako masyado makain. 2 lang kami. :) Yes I can survive with just fastfood. Sa Japan actually buhay na ako sa Family Mart. hehe. The $100/day is for one person only, inclusive of transpo?

If you don?t mind fastfood or food from carts, you can spend less if it doesn?t include accomodation. One week unlimited subway and MTA bus rides per person is $33. So sabihin nalang natin 5$ a day for transportation. With fastfood and food cart, you can spend between 20-30$ that you can stretch to two meals (malalaki kasi servings dito). Actually ako buhay na ako sa Pizza and a soda for $5, or if you want rice, halal and a soda for $5-6. But it is true you can get something for $10 too. Syempre hirap naman kung puro pizza at halal nalang everyday. Most of the tourist spots naman are free or if may fee very minimal. Nakita ko is $25 ang ticket sa MET for non-ny residents but its for 3 locations The Met Fifth Avenue, The Met Breuer, and The Met Cloisters. and valid siya for 3 consecutive days. So kung gusto niyo sulitin, pwede niyo puntahan yung 3 locations. And you can even spread it out to 3 days. Centrak Park is free. I think $12 ang ferry ng papuntang statue of liberty. Empire kung aakyat ka I think around $30-40. I don?t know when you?ll be coming and I don?t know kung permanent change of price or nakasale lang sa ngayon for $132 ang new york city pass but it includes empire state, met (don?t know if it includes all 3 locations though), statue of liberty, top of the rock, natural history and 911 memorial. It?s valid for 9 days but if you can go to 6 locations spread out to 6 days, then you?ll be paying $22 a day. I haven?t tried it though so you might want to read more about it kung ano ang kasama at hindi and anong terms and conditions.

So you might just need about $50-60 per person a day. That is kung sight seeing lang talaga ang habol niyo. Hindi kasama shopping lol! Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 08:04:39 am by realmofadreamer »
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.
-Ernest Hemingway

huit

• Super GirlTalker
    • Travel With Toni
« Reply #467 on: August 05, 2019, 05:02:10 pm »
^

Thanks for this. Plan ko sana is this coming November pero baka hindi rin matuloy. So if not November, baka January na. Ok ba yung time na yun?

www.travelwithtoni.com

realmofadreamer

• Junior GirlTalker
    • That Kid at Heart
« Reply #468 on: August 05, 2019, 09:58:34 pm »
^check niyo nalang maybe few weeks before your travel date kung available pa yung mga discounted rates. Mas malamig January than November and if you are planning to stay outside for most of the day, bring thick jackets and hand warmers if you have reusable ones. Hindi ko alam if all year round na ang statue of liberty kasi dati alam ko they close it on winter season.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.
-Ernest Hemingway

rics

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #469 on: August 05, 2019, 11:40:45 pm »
January is the peak of Winter - very cold and dreary, so might not be best to go out and tour the city around this time. But it is one of the best time for shopping.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:11:20 am by rics »
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

huit

• Super GirlTalker
    • Travel With Toni
« Reply #470 on: August 06, 2019, 07:10:16 pm »
Actually Autumn talaga ng gusto ko, kaya lang baka too soon? Wala pa ako visa eh. =/

www.travelwithtoni.com

mizzybebz

• Junior GirlTalker
  • more.. more.. more blessings! :)
    • Instagram
« Reply #471 on: October 09, 2019, 10:42:07 pm »
what is the best internet package for tourist?

I used LycaMobile. I buy from eBay. $15 for 5gb good for 1 month if I remember correctly.

eleine26

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2019, 04:11:50 pm »
I used LycaMobile. I buy from eBay. $15 for 5gb good for 1 month if I remember correctly.

thanks  ;) lycamobile din nabili from airport. pero mukhang na scam ako kasi I paid like $35 and then 1gb lang siya. for that price dapat 5gb yung package. lesson learned hahaha.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close