Author Topic: Event Stylist II  (Read 247978 times)

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #400 on: September 18, 2014, 05:36:44 pm »
Question naman ulit.

With regards to this:
When do you get the contract? once you gave the down payment to block the date? or prior to that giving the downpayment and it will be indicated in the contract that the downpayment will block the date?

ecka1

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2014, 11:12:49 am »
Hello

We're getting married on May 2015 and booking a florist/stylist is our next goal.
Gideon and Teddy Manuel already gave us a quote and it was 230k to 300k for 200 guests. This includes entourage, ceremony, and reception.

Ganun na ba kamahal stylists/florists ngayon? I can't bring myself to spend more than 200k kasi for stylist/flowers lang. Do you guys think they're worth it?

Also last question, meron na ba nakatry ng Peninsula Flower Shop? Peninsula kasi wedding and they're a LOT cheaper compared to the two I mentioned

mrscreamsoda

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2014, 12:32:12 pm »
^ wow sis, super nagtaas na pala sila ng rates nila!! Dati si Gids nasa 160k lang, as well as Teddy Manuel. Ngayon super nagtaas na pala sila. Sayang naman  :-\

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »
Hi ecka1,

Hard to say if it's worth it without knowing your pegs (eg all imported flowers, large entourage, rectangular tables are generally more expensive than round since they need more arrangements, etc).

My friend asked me to research/hire her florist for her when she got married in 2013 and I ended up choosing Zenas Pineda. She also had 200+ guests and a 48-person entourage, the final cost was under 200k (minimal ceremony flowers, and the reception flowers were almost all local -- roses, hydrangeas, alstroemeria, succulents, berries).

My other choice was Spruce Floral Designs -- she also has very nice taste. I think it also depends on what you're looking for; my friend wanted lush, lovely flowers but not a lot of bling/crystals.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2014, 08:30:09 pm »
Wow ang mahal na no Gids! When i got married back in 2012 i did not pay that much. Buti nalang we got married na.

abrilata

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #405 on: October 03, 2014, 11:10:30 am »
Manuel Sony Francisco is still dedma, natuturn-off na tuloy ako :(

Hi, Sis z0z.

I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes he replies quite late daw because there's a lot of weddings now and preps for the weddings during the peak season. He's quite nice and easy to talk to. I haven't booked him yet but I plan to do it soon.

coffee_art01

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #406 on: October 03, 2014, 12:10:08 pm »
Hi mga sis, how much nag rarange ni Manuel Francisco pag reception lang? email ko din sya ngayon. Thanks. :)

abrilata

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #407 on: October 03, 2014, 11:46:38 pm »
Hi mga sis, how much nag rarange ni Manuel Francisco pag reception lang? email ko din sya ngayon. Thanks. :)

Hi, Sis coffee_art01.

Best to just message him since there's non-disclosure agreement between him and his clients. Hahaha.

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #408 on: October 06, 2014, 03:19:29 pm »
Hi, Sis z0z.

I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes he replies quite late daw because there's a lot of weddings now and preps for the weddings during the peak season. He's quite nice and easy to talk to. I haven't booked him yet but I plan to do it soon.

Hi sis, I was able to talk to him, but to me parang wala syang gana. I was always get seenzoned sa fb. Maybe di nya ko type or walang connection. I always ask him for a proposal, pero walang sinesend sakin. I rely kasi on documents since I do not live there. Di na nya ako binalikan, as much as I want to book in good faith, I want to be sigurista. I think he works the old school way, nothing against him :)

coffee_art01

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #409 on: October 07, 2014, 09:42:49 pm »
Thanks! Nagreply na sya. :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #410 on: October 22, 2014, 08:05:25 pm »
Hi girls,

Can you guys help me on finding affordable event stylists who are good at doing rustic garden wedding receptions?

I've inquired with the following: Something Pretty Manila (~70k), Moki Gray and Stylento (~60k), Bespoke Manila (turned off by deadma)

I want more options because all of them dont seem to have done a lot of weddings yet and frankly wala pa akong nakikitang wow talaga sa works nila unlike if you hire those veteran ones. I want a veteran stylist if I can afford it. My styling budget is about 100k for 200 pax.

TIA! :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #411 on: October 22, 2014, 08:08:30 pm »
Forgot to mention-- super turnoff din ako kay Moki Gray so im actually not considering her anymore. Yung quotation ba naman na binigay may kasamang, "...so lets secure your date now!" kasi daw in a few days (literally a few days from the time she gave the quote) e magtataas na daw ng rate. WEH.
I bet she says that to everyone. Lakas maka mukhang pera, ni wala pa ngang nabigay na samples of her work.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #412 on: October 23, 2014, 09:04:13 am »
I've inquired with the following: Something Pretty Manila (~70k), Moki Gray and Stylento (~60k), Bespoke Manila (turned off by deadma)

Hi sis! Just to share lang, I once asked Bespoke Manila about styling services. They replied, "Hi! I apologize but you might have mistaken us for event stylists. We are event coordinators." :) Hehe. Akala ko rin before they offer styling services.

mrscreamsoda

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #413 on: October 23, 2014, 09:45:47 am »
^ I second. Ernest of Bespoke MNL is an event coordinator. It just so happens na sila nag-pprep ng registration and/or some pakulo for the weddings executed in a classy manner kaya nagmumukha na silang event stylist. Naalala ko rin na I've read something about Ernest scouring Divi for his materials. So, medyo naguluhan talaga ako. But then, yun nga. They conceptualize and coordinate. I think Ernest is very particular with the weddings' details primarily after the exchange of vows (reception).

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #414 on: November 05, 2014, 01:38:50 pm »
^ I second. Ernest of Bespoke MNL is an event coordinator. It just so happens na sila nag-pprep ng registration and/or some pakulo for the weddings executed in a classy manner kaya nagmumukha na silang event stylist. Naalala ko rin na I've read something about Ernest scouring Divi for his materials. So, medyo naguluhan talaga ako. But then, yun nga. They conceptualize and coordinate. I think Ernest is very particular with the weddings' details primarily after the exchange of vows (reception).
Hi sis! Just to share lang, I once asked Bespoke Manila about styling services. They replied, "Hi! I apologize but you might have mistaken us for event stylists. We are event coordinators." :) Hehe. Akala ko rin before they offer styling services.

Super thanks sisses! Decided not to book Ernest as coordinator either kasi 120k for OTD and 170k for full coordination naman siya. Waaaay beyond my 45k max budget for an OTD.

Still havent found my classy rustic stylist!! :(

negirena

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #415 on: November 06, 2014, 10:56:46 pm »
Hi Girls!

      I'm new here.  I hope to hear your insights. Nahilo na ko kaka backread. hahaha andami. Have you heard of OH HAPPY DAY event styling? I've been looking for reviews about them, waley ako makita. hahaha baka may kilala sainyo sakanila.  I've talked to Mc Sison, their coordinator, super nice. Though wala ako alam na feedback sakanila.  Isa pa mga sis, kilala nyo din ba si Cathy Ebuen and Joed See ?  They sounded so nice.  I set up a meeting with them para malaman kung may mga chemistry kame. hehe Im still on the look out for a wedding coordinator.  Di kaya ng budget si Kuchie.  So far Cathy Ebuen, Joed See, 3rd Party palang mga nakakausap ko. Help mga sisses! =) Thank you!!!

 

EynaBanana

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #416 on: November 09, 2014, 11:25:51 am »
Stylento and Chasing Dreams have affordable packages.. their's starts at 35k for reception styling pero just the basic... pretty affordable as compared sa bongang rates ng ibang wedding stylist wherein basic starts at a 6 digit rate already :)

g2bz

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #417 on: November 11, 2014, 12:23:18 am »
Hello does anyone know where can we rent light-up letter standees like this one?


fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #418 on: November 11, 2014, 10:47:26 am »
^gusto ko din nyan sis,

purrple

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist II
« Reply #419 on: November 21, 2014, 01:02:13 am »
We just finished our wedding this month, and I would really like to warn all the brides here on Love in Blooms/Ate Jo Pafin.  She appears very accommodating and easy to talk to.  She'd agree to have limitless meetings with you which would make you really trust her, as we did.

Please be careful when transacting with her in case you have already made a down payment.  We had a mock up few months ago and it was very beautiful, all captured in photos.  Then we also have a written contract which she revised a few days (not even weeks) before the wedding just to make sure that we have everything in place.  I am very particular with the reception and how I wanted it to be for our wedding.  But time comes the wedding, sobrang iba yung naging itsura!  During the mock-up, there were like 7-9 big pots of beautifully arranged red roses.  But during the actual reception, there were sad 3 pots only.  The table lining which was suppose to play a very important role in the theme, was not present.  The couch for the couple became 2 big chairs which made it awkward during the picture taking kasi ang laki so people cannot be seen.

It is also a good thing that I kept all the receipts, she was claiming that I still lack 15k.  She even went to our room as we were preparing for the reception to ask for it.  I just told her that I am very sure that we have paid in full already since I have all the receipts. So she left.

Dami namin ideas with the bridal bouquet, but I wasn't happy when I got mine, medyo may mga lanta pa. Even the entourage bouquets looked cheap.  But these things, I cannot complain because we did not talk about the exact flowers to be used.  So I will only focus on the objective ones, those with pictures based on mock up and those written in the contract.  Nevermind all the other verbal things we talked about that weren't there, kasi yun verbal, pero yung mga nasa written contract and those captured in photos, ang sakit sa loob na hindi nasunod talaga.  Hindi ko na kasi mababalik yun at ang tagal ko yun inisip kasi meron akong certain effect na gusto for the reception.  Napaka dami pa namin meeting at mukha talaga siyang mabait.  Kaya naku sobrang ingat lang talaga mga sis.   

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close