watch now

Author Topic: iPad (Thread 4)  (Read 79469 times)

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2012, 10:48:07 am »
Just upgraded to IOS6 about two days ago. now I am experiencing not charging issue. And I noticed that 1% loss for every minute for the battery. The IOS6 is using so much of the battery. What I did right now is drained it and try to recharge it. I hope I will have 100% charge. I left it yesterday almost the whole day and it was still 48%, same battery percentage before I plugged it. But it shows the thunderbolt sign

FOURever

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2012, 11:55:12 am »
Thanks sis for sharing your experience with ios6. Bantayan ko rin battery ko.. Check ko kung mabilis din mag consume ng battery

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2012, 12:08:14 pm »
Yeah a lot of Ipad users now are encountering such problem. It's such a frustrating to do and wait. Before the update, I can still play or use it while its in charging mode. But now, if I will use it, it wont charge at all.Either the no charging icon will show up on the battery sign or the % of charged battery won't change at all. For example if its like 24% charged then you use it, when you go back and check how many percent were charged say you use it for like 10 minutes, it will show you the same nos. It is very frustrating on my end. Too bad, according to other users now, there is no way for us to revert it to the old software. I just hope that Apple will release the new update and fix this issue.

hershey

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2012, 01:42:56 pm »
Di ba pwede sa ipad 1 ang 1os6

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2012, 01:47:36 pm »
Di ba pwede sa ipad 1 ang 1os6

I think its not applicable for Ipad 1 sis. For Ipad 2 and 3 lang

hershey

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2012, 01:58:19 pm »
Thanks

xthine

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2012, 08:12:25 pm »
What a
Yeah a lot of Ipad users now are encountering such problem. It's such a frustrating to do and wait. Before the update, I can still play or use it while its in charging mode. But now, if I will use it, it wont charge at all.Either the no charging icon will show up on the battery sign or the % of charged battery won't change at all. For example if its like 24% charged then you use it, when you go back and check how many percent were charged say you use it for like 10 minutes, it will show you the same nos. It is very frustrating on my end. Too bad, according to other users now, there is no way for us to revert it to the old software. I just hope that Apple will release the new update and fix this issue.

What do you charge your iPad (New iPad iPad2,1) with and how to do you charge it (USB or 10W adapter)? 

I've been using my iPad for more than 7 mins now and I'm still at 100%, not connected to a charger, then again I'm only at 50% brightness.  Just like with any device the rate of discharging depends on pattern/manner of use.  If I switch to 100% and play a graphics heavy game or watch a movie this will discharge faster.  I haven't noticed any battery issues since I upgraded my New iPad to iOS6, but I'll keep track. I'll calibrate my battery today.   3 minutes have passed and I'm still at 100%. 

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2012, 08:35:33 pm »
xthine - sis i tried both na. and both of them, its not working. before not charging issue only, now it wont let me charge at all.

xthine

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2012, 08:49:59 pm »
That's not good.  I wonder what's causing it.    If that happened to me I would back up my iPad then wipe it clean (hard reset), change settings to a battery friendly mode, connect to the stock 10w AC adapter, leave it connected without using it for a few hours, if it still doesn't charge I would use a different 10W Apple charger to make sure the charger is not the issue. I would also do a battery calibration if I could.   If that still all didn't work if there was a way to revert to the old iOS then i would try that, but then even if that worked I wouldn't be happy because I would want my device to be updated.  At that point I would take my device to the Apple Store to have the Genius trouble shoot it.  Sorry you're having troubles.

So far I've had a 3% battery drain in 26 minutes at 50% brightness, on WiFi with cellular data on, now typing on Safari with Pandora streaming in the background, Bluetooth connected to my Jambox speaker, Notifications On, YM running in the background too.  Earlier I was just surfing without Pandora and Bluetooth connectivity.

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #269 on: September 24, 2012, 03:31:36 pm »
They just checked it sis. It is battery issue. Replacement will be within 2-3 weeks. oh well. it happened na. bad trip lang no loan unit till next week pa daw.

i did everything you said, but no success at all.

mominhighheels

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2012, 01:22:19 am »
What's the best manga reader app for ipad?

5ive

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2012, 01:19:43 pm »
I was supposed to purchase iPad 2 32gb, yun pala wala na. I checked everywhere, 16gb na lang ang available. So now I'm wondering kung ok ba kung new iPad na lang ang bibilhin ko 32gb, kaya lang I'm having doubts dahil sa battery, weight, and overheating problem. If I'm going for the iPad 2, mabibitin ako sa 16gb, since heavy user ako. I'm completely torn. Any advice? Thank you!

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2012, 01:26:20 pm »
^Personally check mo yung new iPad para malaman mo if you can live with the issues. Ang problem ko sa new iPad yung overheat talaga. Hindi kasi siya tolerable for me, mainit talaga siya na nakakapaso.

Second, ano ano ang ilalagay mo na apps? Kasi tulad ko gamit na gamit ko iPad ko pero ok na ko sa 16gb kasi once nakatapos ako ng game tinatanggal ko na siya. Ganun din sa iba pang files. Hindi ako mahilig mag-ipon pag alam kong tapos ko ng gamitin.

^^Check mo Comic Book Lover. Eto gamit ko sa mga comic books:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/comicbooklover/id351623583?mt=8

5ive

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2012, 01:30:36 pm »
^Mabilis ba magoverheat? Mostly, movies and series, some ebooks, and games. But mainly, I'm buying it so that I can watch movies/series while I'm on standby duty sa work.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #274 on: September 27, 2012, 01:32:52 pm »
^Yes. Kasi Where's My Water? lang nilalaro ko nun for 30 minutes and less, mainit na talaga siya at napapaso yung kamay ko lalo na sa gilid nung front screen. Hindi talaga tolerable for me yung heat na yun.

Siguro sis, di mo naman mapapanuod in one sitting lahat ng movies, TV series at mabasa lahat ng books. Gawin mo nalang maglagay ka nung mga movies or TV series na papanuorin mo that day or ebooks na babasahin then pag tapos na i-delete mo na.

5ive

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2012, 01:39:00 pm »
^I'll take that into consideration. Yun din problem ko, sa overheating. Oh well. Thank you! :)

lavieenrose

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #276 on: September 27, 2012, 03:13:50 pm »
^ Have you tried Greenhills? (I think V-mall).  I was able to find a brand new ipad2 64bg wifi in one of the shops there. The  authorized Apple stores indeed don't carry the 32 and 64 gb wifi models anymore.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »
Wala na rin 32gb and 64gb sa Apple mismo. 16gb nalang talaga binebenta.

thansher01

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #278 on: September 27, 2012, 04:30:11 pm »
5ive, try mo kay Kimstore.. baka meron pa silang iPad 2 (wifi or wifi & 3G) in 32gb and 64gb..

legit online seller sila of Apple products.. Apple warranty din..

eto yung FB store nya: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.161246387237939.40905.119920974703814&type=3

xthine

  • Guest
Re: iPad (Thread 4)
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2012, 06:35:19 pm »
I was supposed to purchase iPad 2 32gb, yun pala wala na. I checked everywhere, 16gb na lang ang available. So now I'm wondering kung ok ba kung new iPad na lang ang bibilhin ko 32gb, kaya lang I'm having doubts dahil sa battery, weight, and overheating problem. If I'm going for the iPad 2, mabibitin ako sa 16gb, since heavy user ako. I'm completely torn. Any advice? Thank you!

I have a 32GB iPad2 and when it came time for me to replace it  I had to decide between 32GB and 64GB model.  With the 32GB I had I felt restricted because I needed more space so I bought the 64GB New iPad.  So it depends on your needs and a balance of the pros and cons.  I knew about the heating and the weight difference vs. iPad2   IMO the weight is not a big issue, I don't even notice the weight difference.  I was even able to get my New iPad into my Sena Borsetta case for the iPad2.  The heating is not unbearable, it gets more noticeable when I heavily use my New iPad (eg. full brightness watching a movie connected via HDMI to my TV) and I also factor in the fact that I have a leather case that fully encases my unit so the battery is not able to breathe so well. 
The battery is different from the iPad2s so naturally you would expect it to charge slower..not a deal breaker for me.

Now though whenever I use my iPad2 it feels so antiquated because the display is so different, I notice the pixelations on the iPad2 more now that I have the New iPad. 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close