SLURPEE ... when we were growing up, our home was tense too coz my father had a kab1tch.
Some of us kids prayed they would split up, and we could all live like any normal family: regular tension & regular dramas lang, lol. But it did not come to pass. Our mom would take him back with all her love .... Again, again, and again. Same same same reason as yours, SLURPEE.... "For the sake of the kids.".
When I encountered the Dark Years of my marriage, I understood my mom more. I understood; I did not say I loved/appreciated her more.
Did I stick around? Yes. For the sake of the kids? No.
See, I fell in love with this person coz I gleaned something good in him. During the bad years, I focused on seeing those good things. Realistically too, mahirap to fall out of love kahit sinasaktan na your soul.
Di ba, you try to do better, and stretch to the moon & back your: love, hoping & praying, understanding & kagag@han? Until I day, Boink!!! Your heart gets tired & you say: Enough is enough. But SLURPEE, for some people, like our moms -- it takes a super long time to get the Enough Boink!
Did I stick around for the kids' sake? No nga eh.
Kids are gifts entrusted to us; alone or together, it is a continuing commitment to God to give them your best. Perhaps I was blessed & confident enough to not need tem as the excuse for hanging on. Perhaps that's why our mom took against us her unhappiness, coz her allegation is she stuck it out for our sake.
What am I trying to tell you, SLURPEE?
It will never be your call to end the marriage. So, just make the most of it. Kung may drama, find ways to cope/insulate yourself until things are back to lovey-dovey again. Learn to live in the moment. Lol, do not take it personally.
If your mom can still ride that roller-coaster, let her -- do not hurt her more by...... Yung ipamukha mo sa kanya na: Ano ka ba, Mother, gagui?! IF she does not ask you directly, you have no right to slap her with your judgment.
What else? Learn from all this. Should sh1t hit the fan in your marriage, you will be more knowledgeable on how to rise above it all though the pain freezes your brains.
Now, don't go off marrying early like me, just to get out of the drama.