watch now

Author Topic: Bank Equities  (Read 78631 times)

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2012, 05:48:19 pm »
^thanks sis pinkberries. Mas ok pala yun without RSP na lang. :)

pinkberries

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2012, 12:38:53 am »
Yes sis, I am not subscribed din sa  RSP.  I just add units kung may malaking funds ako mareceive.   good luck sa investment mo sis. :)

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2012, 10:11:39 pm »
Which among the three BPI UITF Equity kaya ang ok in terms of performance - BPI Equity, Odyssey Philippine Equity Fund, Odyssey Philippine High Conviction Equity Fund.

I used the investment calculator provided on bpi website and did some try outs then ok ang return ng UITF Odyssey High Conviction. I'd based lang yun performance dun sa calculator naghahanap pa ako ng mga performance charts to compare the others.

Any inputs who has BPI Odyssey funds here, ok ba perf? :) TIA
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:04:22 pm by eischied_21 »

happy_pomelo

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2012, 08:37:56 am »
Hi sis!

Check this link for the daily prices and the fund performance of BPI UITF.  http://info.bpiexpressonline.com/bpiprod/produpd.nsf/Investment+Updates/InvestmentHistoricals?OpenDocument

In my experience for BPI US$ UITF you have to wait for about 6 months or more to see significant returns, meaning about $1.00 increase from your acquisition cost.  As you'll observe, mostly the NAV fluctuates between $0.02 to $0.09, yes, ganyan kaliliit ang increments. ;)

It's really a matter of patience and investment in UITF is reallt for the long term.

If you're interested in any fund, I suggest you list down the daily prices for about 2 weeks so you'll have a visual and use it as a reference to help you decide what to buy.

HTH!

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2012, 10:46:41 pm »
thanks sis happy_pomelo. I'll definitely do that. :)

soumy01

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2012, 08:40:05 am »
^^ use bloomberg.com
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/funds/country/philippines/
or monitor my funds
http://www.monitormyfunds.com/compare

para magcompare ng funds.

pag nagcompare ka ng funds check mo yung naging trend nila in the past years.

high conviction major allocation mining sector.

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2012, 01:49:43 pm »
^ high volatile pag sa mining dba..ok ba maginvest sa mining sector? :-\

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 12:43:19 am »
@pinkberries, may question ako sis. Nun nagapply ka ba sa BPI UITF did you go to the branch or online lang via bpiexpressonline?

Here's what I did. I applied online. Filled out the forms, and print it. Then it says, you have to submit it to nearest branch. Ang plan ko kasi email na lang sa sister ko yun application with signed signature na nasa pnas then sya na lang magbigay ng application ko sa bank. BTW, I'm an OFW pala. Then, I called their customer service kaso parang hindi naman confident sa sagot yun CS na nakausap ko. Sabi nya I still need to go to the branch eventhough I already have the application kasi magsa-sign pa rin daw ako ng mga forms like the usual opening of savings account. Is this true ba? TIA :)


bloodymaria

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 04:36:29 am »
this is making me curious. for starters, ano ba pwede gawin saka ano minimum capital nyo sis?

newbie here po regarding sa equities.

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 04:40:47 pm »
for bank uitf?

BDO EIP and BPI RSP-
10k minimum initial
1k minimum monthly

bloodymaria

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 03:19:47 am »
thanks for replying sis.

pupunta ka lang ba diretso sa bank para mag inquire nito? i thought kasi before need mo atleast 100K minimum capital for this. mali pala ako.  ;D

pinkberries

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 07:04:43 pm »
@pinkberries, may question ako sis. Nun nagapply ka ba sa BPI UITF did you go to the branch or online lang via bpiexpressonline?

Here's what I did. I applied online. Filled out the forms, and print it. Then it says, you have to submit it to nearest branch. Ang plan ko kasi email na lang sa sister ko yun application with signed signature na nasa pnas then sya na lang magbigay ng application ko sa bank. BTW, I'm an OFW pala. Then, I called their customer service kaso parang hindi naman confident sa sagot yun CS na nakausap ko. Sabi nya I still need to go to the branch eventhough I already have the application kasi magsa-sign pa rin daw ako ng mga forms like the usual opening of savings account. Is this true ba? TIA :)

yes sis. i went to the branch. marami pa kasing isisign na forms sis,  just like opening an account.   

pinkberries

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 08:54:38 am »
YEAR-TO-DATE PERFORMANCE OF PESO UITFs IN THE PHILIPPINES
As of the 1st Quarter of 2012 (January to March 2012)


PESO EQUITY FUNDS (primarily invested in equity securities)

1. Security Bank (SB) Peso Equity Fund – 19.63%
2. Unionbank (UBP) Large Cap Philippine Equity – 16.62%
3. Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) Equity Fund – 15.35%
4. Banco de Oro (BDO) Peso Equity Fund – 14.65%
5. Banco de Oro (BDO) Equity Fund – 14.57%
6. Allied Bank Unit Performance Equities Fund – 13.81%
7. Philippine National Bank (PNB) Enhanced Phil-Index Reference Fund – 13.68%
8. Metrobank Metro Equity Fund – 13.65%
9. UCPB United Equity Fund – 11.16%
10. Asia United Bank (AUB) Equity Investment Fund – 10.62%
11. BPI-ING Odyssey Philippine Equity Fund – 10.15%
12. RCBC Rizal Equity Fund – 10.07%
13. PBComm Value Equity Fund – 8.77%
14. AB Capital Equity Fund – 7.77%
15. BPI-ING Odyssey Philippine High Conviction Equity Fund – 7.28%


http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/uitf-philippines-1st-quarter-2012/


andreil_19

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 06:13:02 pm »
when you enroll ba sa RSP ng BPI another minimum (P5K as stated) amount will be deducted from your settlement acct?

I opened an ALFM with them and mentioned about the RSP of P5K, yung lang sana ang initial amount na ilalagay ko but i was informed na P10K daw ang minimun. I want to enroll with their RSP for cost averaging sana kaya lang when i tried online the min.amt for RSP is P5K so another deduction ulit yun fr my acct.?

pinkberries

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 07:06:32 pm »
^wala ako RSP sis, but most probably that's the minimum.   pag nakaenroll ka sa RSP, every deduction, maging 5k siya.   :)

jiffy

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2012, 02:52:35 am »
I invested in equity fund because my account officer said this has the most potential for high earnings but of course higher risks as well. What I don't understand is why this is intended for long term daw ? Same Lang na sya ng concept ng compounded interest kaya for long term compounded din earnings? Hope someone can explain to me. Tia!

pinkberries

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2012, 09:26:08 am »
IMO sis, i don't think compounded ang earnings.  I am not sure if I got it right po ha.  kasi ang mga UITFs based sa NAVPU.   

so example you bought 10 units and price is 100 each, your investment value is 1000. 
and after 5 years, assuming wala ka binili additional units and NAVPU becomes 200 each, your investment value will become 2000.  That's, 100% gain.

It is intended for long term, sis kasi Equity funds are invested heavily on stocks.  Very volatile, pwede in 3 months 15% gain agad or 15% loss naman.    kaya mas maramdaman mo ang favorable growth ng money mo if you give your portfolio more chance and time to work.   :)

andreil_19

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2012, 01:51:01 pm »
thanks sis pinkberries. 5k nga ang minimun for initial RSP succeeding is P1K min. i'm only after sa auto debit i guess i have to subscribe manually na lang.

pinkberries

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2012, 05:54:55 pm »
^ahh okay. :) Wala ako rsp kaya di ko masyado alam ito.

so parang, sa BPI

ang minimum equity investment is 10k,
initial rsp is 5k, then succeeding minimum for rsp is 1k

tama ba sis?

Sa BDO lang ako na ka peso cost averaging thru their EIP naman.

andreil_19

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2012, 06:17:13 pm »
^yan din ang pagkakaintindi ko sis.

sana pala nag-UITF na lang din ako same lang naman ng initial investment. i'll try BDO naman pero ipon muna ako. ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close