This is was a wedding of an acquaintance. Take note that I never met this person 4 weeks before her wedding. So there she invited me and I thought Ok, i will go since the way she described how her wedding was going to be and that they spent like over 200K nok (1.2M php)for the preps plus there will be like 200 guests coming and I besides it has been a long time since I attended a wedding. I also found out that some of my friends which she also has never met before, that they got invited too that day they met her. Another thing to note here is that she casually yet specifically told us that they wish for monetary gifts instead.
OK so come the wedding day itself and at the church, everything went OK. But the come the reception, O.M.G. the place was so small for 200 guests... we were like cramped like sardines. as in imagine, the chairs were stools and there were literally 2 inches in between them. And if you wish to stand up, you have to ask the 3 persons on you back to move. Ok fine... the space was horrible, we can take it, my friends and i told ourselves.
Come food service.... que horror... there were only 4 trays there containing the following: Rice, roasted pork, embutido and mixed veggies. To make it worse, there were servers who will portion the food and place it in your plate. So each person got like 1 cup of rice, 1 small piece of roasted pork ( 2x2 inches, to be exact), 2 pcs of thinly sliced embutido (diameter of 1.5 inches) and 1 spoonful of mixed veggies. Oh di ba, karinderia ang peg! And for dessert we thought we will be tasting the wedding cake, but no! All we got were a couple of kutsintas. Sana kung stellar yung mga lasa ng food but it really tasted like tinipid. I mean, fine, nasa Europe tayo, maybe the white people won't notice but hello, 75% of your guests are Filipinos. We were really disappointed... She got all the perks OK, but the food is the most important that you get right.
Another thing my friends and I realised after, we felt like we only got invited for the gifts they will be receiving. Imagine, if there are 200 guests and each person gave an average of 1.5 nok (9k php) imagine how much they got. We thought about this because the bride was boasting that they accumulated a total of 300k nok (1.8M php).
Until now, we have not received thank you cards or even a simple sms or pm of thank you. Oh well... that was the most expensive karinderia food my friends and I have ever eaten. hehe