watch now

Author Topic: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?  (Read 35907 times)

calpy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 09:37:33 pm »
sis aquacharly, thanks for your very informative posts..

is charles schwab like citiseconline? i'm interested in foreign trading but have no idea how to start..i hope you could help me..

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2012, 08:55:41 pm »
I earned a lot of money working pero never saved up.. Last October 2010, I opened a citiseconline account. I started with 25K... and two months ago, nagpass ng 1M mark ang portfolio ko. The thing with getting a citiseconline account kasi.. aside from the fact na investment sya sa stocks... lahat ng savings mo, mahirap ilabas once napasok na kasi you have to go through some process for withdrawals... so you are discouraged from getting your money out... so it's like you are forced to save... unlike bank na punta ka lang sa bank or do a bank transfer, labas na agad money mo. So even when I see something I like, di ko na agad ma-buy... :) SO I get to save.

Sis, I opened my citisec account last month. I'm in for the long haul hence I only bought blue chips. :)

Madaming puedeng pagkitahan, really.  The issue is: gusto mo ba kumita sa ganyan?  What   gets in the
way?  Katamaran, preference... "ano sasabihin ng tao?" lolz... hiya, lack of consistent determination,
"no time", tigas ng ulo, etc. etc. etc.    You see a barrier, sure there will be one. 

Tama ka sis! ;) Nagtataka talaga ako kapag nakakarinig ako na wala daw opportunities sa Pinas, mahirap daw ang buhay etc. Wala naman bansa/ government na perfect eh, nasa tao/ mamamayan yun kung magsusumikap sila o hindi.

Gusto ko din mag invest sa real etate naman.  Or kaya pagawa na building/house for rent and we have a commercial lot, balak naman patayuan ng building ni hubby.  Okay ba mag loan sa bangko for construction?  Don't know where and how to start.

That's a good idea!  :D Do you already have a vacant lot? Is it in a residential (house for rent) or commercial area (building for rent)?

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 11:24:18 pm »
sis aquacharly, thanks for your very informative posts..

is charles schwab like citiseconline? i'm interested in foreign trading but have no idea how to start..i hope you could help me..

I don't know citiseconline.  Charles Schwab has a platform that lets you trade directly  online on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).    Contact C/S on-line -- the HK office will send you their representative, Elisa who is based in HK, but responsible for the Phils.   Hubby and I believe kasi that  the best manager of funds and investments are ourselves mismo.  Nag HSBC kami - hopia.  Phil.Stock Exchange - puede na, but we still do active decision-making.   Our rule is, if we can't manage a business/investment -- hwag pasukan. I-bank mo na lang

mommytaf

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 05:28:35 am »
That's a good idea!  :D Do you already have a vacant lot? Is it in a residential (house for rent) or commercial area (building for rent)?
[/quote]

Yes, we do have a commercial lot,  pero ang liit lang ng rental fee. rented by a junk shop and a car wash business.  Magandang place and want to put up a building na puwedeng rentahan ng mga banks and any other establishment dito.  Takot pa ako mag loan sa banks kaya ipon to the max pa. 

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 06:07:22 am »
i diversify. diversification is the key to minimize your losses and maximize your gains.

1. deposits with citibank and metrobank
2. mutual fund accounts with sunlife financial  (diff investment objectives and time frames)
3. active trading in NYSE
4. invest in REITS in the US (ito super long term investment) and DPPs (direct participation programs) for tax breaks.

next in my list....OPTIONS TRADING but im still getting the hang of it. i don't have a stockbroker in the US. aquacharly is right, you have to manage your own money.

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 02:45:44 pm »
Yes, we do have a commercial lot,  pero ang liit lang ng rental fee. rented by a junk shop and a car wash business.  Magandang place and want to put up a building na puwedeng rentahan ng mga banks and any other establishment dito.  Takot pa ako mag loan sa banks kaya ipon to the max pa. 

Bakit naman ayaw mo mag loan? Baka pwede na may bank mag rent sa inyo at the same time magpa loan sa inyo. Ganun yun sa building ng relative ko - yun Landbank nagre rent sa kanila at the same time dun din sila nag loan.  :)

Charles Schwab has a platform that lets you trade directly  online on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).    Contact C/S on-line -- the HK office will send you their representative, Elisa who is based in HK, but responsible for the Phils.   Hubby and I believe kasi that  the best manager of funds and investments are ourselves mismo.  Nag HSBC kami - hopia.  Phil.Stock Exchange - puede na, but we still do active decision-making.   Our rule is, if we can't manage a business/investment -- hwag pasukan. I-bank mo na lang

Sis, may gold trading rin sila ano? 

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2013, 11:33:25 am »
hi mga sis, since we're on a topic of diversification. i just want to clarify if buying a lot for personal use considered an investment or is it an expense? tia! :)

currently 70% of my savings are in stocks. the rest are in emergency fund and mutual fund.

sugar n spice

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2013, 09:12:32 am »
Good topic. Sabi nga don't put all your eggs in one basket kasi pag bumagsak basag lahat.

I put up a business, just finshed paying for a lot (plan ko patayuan ko ng duplex) and, just recently, took a savings plan sa life insurance company-- it's like a savings while being protected. I also own 500sqm lot, gusto sana gamitin yung half para sa apartment. Any time soon magre-resign nako sa work and put up a food business.

Hindi naman kasi ako big time kumita kaya unti unti ang ginagawang kong investment. :)

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 12:56:22 am »
hi mga sis, since we're on a topic of diversification. i just want to clarify if buying a lot for personal use considered an investment or is it an expense? tia! :)

currently 70% of my savings are in stocks. the rest are in emergency fund and mutual fund.

Yes, it is an expense if personal use.

Sis, karamihan ng money mo ay nasa paper assets, why don't you diversify in real properties naman? Delikado if bumagsak ang stocks at kailangan mo ng pera

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 07:23:56 pm »
^ kakastart ko lang mag stocks sis, less than a year pa lang. i'll go into real properties after a year or 2 siguro :)

ann08

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 09:32:36 am »
Bakit naman ayaw mo mag loan? Baka pwede na may bank mag rent sa inyo at the same time magpa loan sa inyo. Ganun yun sa building ng relative ko - yun Landbank nagre rent sa kanila at the same time dun din sila nag loan.  :)


Hmmmm paano po ba makakakuha ng bank tenant? Bukod sa mag papa advertise? :)


kho_leen

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2013, 07:26:56 pm »
Im not ready to get into any business.  My dad got into several businesses before and lost it all.

I opted for paper assets now:
Philam mutual funds
Bpi uitf
VUL from axa and sunlife

I just started into jewelry business because i enjoyed them.  Maybe soon i'd get into stock trading. :)

Maybe if malaki na gains namin from investment.  Then id consider getting into a business.  For now, i like MFs because no rental/employee expenses. 

nicola_juliano

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2013, 01:11:14 pm »
I'm starting to diversify my investments and this thread will be really helpful. I wish there are some other sisses who could post anything. Nakakatulong talaga for newbies like me.

I've already starting a home based business. I've also starting the Piggery Business. Next in line is to earn passive income sa online business. Medyo ginagawa pa pero hopefully po mai-up na really soon. My next plan is to have paper investments. Medyo wala pa ako masyado kaalaman about this one so I'll try muna Time deposit kahit 6 months muna. Mahirap magtake risk sa Stocks kapag walang alam. I don't want to take risks tapos wala ako alam. My next plan din po is to setup another online business once stable na si 1st online business for at least 3 months. Wala pa ako 2014 plan pero balak ko po magsetup may own food cart business. Kaso marami pa po ako need na malaman. :-)

sana maging ok po lahat. :-)

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2013, 02:24:44 pm »
I diversify among cash investments, businesses, and real estate/property. Would like to acquire knowledge on jewelry, paintings, collections, and etc. though. I know someone who collected comic books, and wow, he sells them for so much a piece.

Right now, we are at:

50% cash (includes emergency funds, MFs, UITFs, stocks, and just cold hard cash)
25% land currently converting to business #2
15% rental property
10% business #1

Heavy in cash because we're building business #2. Also want to be ready when the opportunity for another source of income arises (hopefully another commercial property).

joc1128

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2013, 09:46:06 am »
Very informative thread. Dami ko na natutunan just by reading your posts.
Question..how about pagibig and sss? Would you consider those an investment? If yes, what kind?
Im interested in stocks and/or MFs kaya lang takot pa to take risks.
Also interested in real estate pero parang mas gusto ko lots lang muna para mapag aralan ko kung anong pwedeng itayo in the future. Depende shempre sa location ng lot, right?
Paper assets. Parang mas ideal sa aken compared to having a business. Pero kung katulad naman kay sis aquacharly ang mga magiging business ko, why not? :)
Lastly, how about life plans? Most insurance plans earn dividends diba? Okay ba mag invest sa ganito?

mearah

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2013, 11:04:50 pm »
salamat at meron na tong topic sa gtalk. I am new to investing and I am learning a lot from your input mga sis. currently this is what I have:

1. savings account with bpi and bdo
2. vul from philam life
3. buy and sell business

I am saving for emergency fund pa. I already have 2 months worth. 4 more months to work on. im checking on how to do citiseconline.

ask ko lang po mga sis, dapat po diba we have 5k to open an EIP kailangan po ba monthly mo hinuhulugan or depende if gusto mong bumili pa ng stocks?

Ma.Jewel_1987

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »
So far I only have two: lending here in the office and stock investment thru col, hopefully magkaruon pa ng another business, kaso di pa ako sure kung ano ang maganda  ::)

nicola_juliano

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2013, 09:41:47 am »
Nag-iisip ako saan pa pwede i-diversify ang investments bukod sa paper assets. Jewelry investment kaya?

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »
I diversify among cash investments, businesses, and real estate/property.

Heavy in cash because we're building business #2. Also want to be ready when the opportunity for another source of income arises (hopefully another commercial property).

That's a great attitude! ;)

Question..how about pagibig and sss? Would you consider those an investment? If yes, what kind?
Im interested in stocks and/or MFs kaya lang takot pa to take risks.
Also interested in real estate pero parang mas gusto ko lots lang muna para mapag aralan ko kung anong pwedeng itayo in the future. Depende shempre sa location ng lot, right?
Paper assets. Parang mas ideal sa aken compared to having a business. Pero kung katulad naman kay sis aquacharly ang mga magiging business ko, why not? :)
Lastly, how about life plans? Most insurance plans earn dividends diba? Okay ba mag invest sa ganito?

- Sadly, Pag Ibig and SSS are NOT investments. Do NOT depend on those.
- Magbasa basa ka lang about stocks, uitf and mutual fund... Education is the best investment ;)
- Starting with buying parcels of lot is a good start... Isipin mo lang mabuti kung commercial o residential property ba ang itatayo mo.
- Paper assets are ideal if you want a passive investment, especially if you are an employee and you don't have time to physically monitor your business.
- Life insurance is definitely a must-have if you have dependents (spouse, kids or aging parents)

Nag-iisip ako saan pa pwede i-diversify ang investments bukod sa paper assets. Jewelry investment kaya?

Buy and sell of jewelry or for personal use? This is a tricky one ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:42:21 pm by mameejhy »

beachpatrol

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »
I divide my money among MF, UITF and savings. Happy to say I'm done paying for my insurance because I got it right after I landed my first job. I'm 27 now.

Aside from this, I invested in real estate property this year so a big chunk of my money goes there. Although mortgaged, I can now call the property my own :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close