watch now

Author Topic: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?  (Read 35917 times)

aiden

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2013, 08:27:16 pm »
I have 3 SAs (1 with BPI Direct and 2 with BDO -- personal and joint) hindi naman kalakihan ang laman nito. I actually talked my dad into investing some of our money kasi I felt sobra yung laman ng SA namin than what my brother and I would need as an emergency fund.

We have money in MF. (1 joint with my hubby, 1 joint with my brother and dad)
I have a small printing business (na medyo humihina because of these kids going paperless. Seryoso. Puro matatanda na yung mga customers recently haha)

I recently signed up for BDO's EIP investing in Equity Funds

My hubby and I bought a small plot of (residential) land in Central Luzon. Pre-selling namin kinuha. It is now being developed into a subdivision

If all goes well I'll invest sa iba pang funds under EIP.

I'm also thinking of setting up another business... though I'm medyo conservative dito sa business ventures. The larger the capital, mas madaming hurdles sa government (bureaucratic red tape, corruption) nakakawalang gana talaga. I'm still thinking about this pa talaga. Yes, I was traumatized the first time. :P

I'm 29 now.

May nakakwentuhan akong client dati who gave me advice na pinaka-mainam pa rin talaga ilagay ang pera sa business. Pinaka-malaking returns pa rin daw ito. Of course you have to have paper assets and real estate daw pero ang mantra niya mag-negosyo ka! hehe. Napa-isip talaga ako dun.







Vera

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2013, 08:08:45 am »
Planning to spend more time on personal finance in 2014 but I think my investments are pretty diversified already.

Philippines

I bank with BPI and Union Bank only - combination of CD and SA
EIF investment
MF investment
Personal loans to two business owners at 3% flat monthly rate - they are good payers

USA

LIFE INSURANCE - 20-year Term Life Insurance via Fidelity life (I don't consider this as investment but more like an assurance for my beneficiaries)

COLLEGE FUND for my 5 YO - 529 College Savings Funds invested in Vanguard Moderate Growth Portfolio (50% stocks, 50% bonds)

RETIREMENT FUND - Invested in S&P 500 Index

STOCKS - Bought a few basket of stocks based on themes - via Motif Investing; right now my stocks comprise of Internet companies and online advertising companies (I see massive growth in the latter in the next few years)

VANGUARD mutual funds investment composition (of the total value of investments)

Value Index = 10%
Small-Cap Value Index = 10%
REIT Index = 10%
Developed Markets Index =  10%
FTSE All-World ex-U.S. Small Cap Index = 10%
Emerging Markets Stock Index = 10%
International Value  = 20%

EMERGENCY FUND: 8 months living expense deposits in a money market account at Ally Bank (0.89% vs 0.05% Bank of America)

LIVING EXPENSES: 2 months living expenses in a Bank of America checking account

I plan to have more liquid investments in money market fund by 2014 and increase my money market reserve.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:11:31 am by Vera »

letters_to_cleo

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2014, 01:14:03 pm »
Ako rin I want to diversify my investments.  I terminated my TD from BDO just today kasi nakakapanlumo talaga ang interest rates, from last years 2.5% ngayon less than 1% na lang!  I am thinking I'll place it sa MF or sa stocks, though medyo natatakot ako na ipasok sa stocks ulit or equities based -MF kasi the rest ng  paper-based investments ko --- UITF, VUL ay equities-based na.   I'm thinking carefully kung saan ko dapat iinvest yung nilabas kong TD na nilabas ko: bond fund or, as per my brother's insistence, mag purchase na lang ako ng pre-selling? do you have any advice sisses?  I have a small online biz, but I get the capital from my salary, so I do not want to use the money for the online biz.

LiveLoveInvest

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2014, 10:39:36 pm »
If you are the conservative type of investor you could put your investments on low risk low reward mutual fund. Based on previous reports and track records these funds have always given investors a positive yield on their invesments. Interest rates vary from 4% to 15% max depending on the funds performance.

Me personally I diversify my investments on both balanced funds and equity funds, and hinestly both are doing good! :)

ryecher

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2014, 03:17:34 pm »
Diversification is good pero dapat swak sa goals, meron kasi ibat'ibang purpose ang investments.

Ex. for growth - equity; for security - bond funds; real estate - passive income; etc

So dapat muna sit (with hubby if married or with financial planner) and define your financial goals, then saka kayo pili ng investments.

Suggestion lang po kasi I did ask a financial advisor earlier (2013) for my financial plans. Dami ko palang maling decisions/ investments before na unti-unti kong inayos at inaayos.


LiveLoveInvest

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2014, 01:26:53 pm »
^If you don't mind if i ask if what are these type of investments you've considered wrong?

kasi some of us here might be doing the same thing.

chefron

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2014, 01:42:34 pm »
pansin nyo banks are pushing people to get equities?

anyways, i only have UITF for now but before the year ends i will open a COL account.
have life insurance and memorial plan and soon a memorial lot.

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2014, 06:19:35 pm »
^Yup, I noticed that too. Anyway I think it's a valid point. The projection is by the end of this year or early next year nasa may 7,000 or above na ang level ng PSEi and even 8,000 by 2016. So now seems to be a good time to invest in equities.

Hay finally. I'll reopen my BDO EIP for my UITF Equity, matagal tagal din itong nalugmok. 

nicola_juliano

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2014, 09:44:58 am »
San mas maganda kumuha ng equity? Sa BDO or BPI?

MissChievous

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2014, 04:24:57 pm »
Mga sis. I'm planning this for my investments:

Equity - for retirement
UITF na money market - for short term goals (wedding)
Bond Fund (baka UITF na din) - for my mom's and aunt's long-term healthcare. The 3 of them are approaching the 60's age. I'm afraid ako lg ang magiging responsible for them. My cousins are still in school so iniisip ko na din yun.
Equity - for soon to be business/real estate investing/saving up for a car

Ok ba tong plan ko? Do you have any suggestions na ibang investment vehicles for my goals? I have money for investing now, pero I'm not thinking of investing in lump sum. Sabi nga nila mas malaki kita ng cost averaging. So, I think kaya ko naman i pag spread yung pera ko on these investments over the couple of months and years.

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2014, 01:29:06 pm »
San mas maganda kumuha ng equity? Sa BDO or BPI?

BDO

http://www.uitf.com.ph/top-funds.php?class_id=1&currency=PHP&radio1=ytd&fmonth=04&fday=01&fyear=2012&tmonth=04&tday=01&tyear=2014&btn=Filter#gsc.tab=0

Mga sis. I'm planning this for my investments:

Bond Fund (baka UITF na din) - for my mom's and aunt's long-term healthcare. The 3 of them are approaching the 60's age. I'm afraid ako lg ang magiging responsible for them. My cousins are still in school so iniisip ko na din yun.



Why don't you get a HMO or Health Care plan for them - like Insular Life iHeal or Philamlife i-Care?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:30:49 pm by mameejhy »

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2014, 06:21:11 pm »
^Yun sa Insular na i-Heal ay hindi yearly renewable... 10yrs to pay then covered until 80yrs old yata :)

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2015, 06:28:03 pm »
^Yup, I noticed that too. Anyway I think it's a valid point. The projection is by the end of this year or early next year nasa may 7,000 or above na ang level ng PSEi and even 8,000 by 2016. So now seems to be a good time to invest in equities.

Hay finally. I'll reopen my BDO EIP for my UITF Equity, matagal tagal din itong nalugmok. 

Lagpas na nga sa 7,000 ang PSEi ngayon! :D Sayang yun BDO eip mo sis, mas malaki ang kikitain mo kung hindi nalugmok hihi

kiz_me1109

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2015, 03:43:43 am »
I'm 30 and married with 1 kid. :)

Dor use, we have:

- A joint Mutual Funds under Sunlife.
- VUL for each of us. (Mutual FUnds + Insurance)
- Savings account for each of us that serves as our Emergency Fund
- Financing. Nag fi finance kami ng mga lupa sa province namin. We've been doing this for 7 years already.

I'm planning top open a business pero hindi ko pa alam kung ano. We live in a condo so I'm thinking na kumuha ng unit sa baba and put up a small bakery para kami na mag supply ng pandesal for the entire unit owners. :) Hopefully, this year makakuha kami ng unit. :)

icee_star

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2015, 04:49:42 am »
- Company stocks
- COL stocks (though kaka start pa lang nitong January)
- VUL for me & kids
- starting to build emergency fund
- regular savings & time deposit

good thing na rin na hindi na kailangan gumastos pa sa rent. :)

valhiei_11

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2015, 10:24:02 am »
-COL stocks
-Philequity MF
-Life Insurance(VUL) sunlife
-condotel Sta. Lucia(share kami ni hubby)

planning to open uitf with security bank  :)

gusto ko sana magbusiness din kaso parang ang hirap magisip anong klaseng business.. hehe

ece2012

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 03:02:58 am »
Hello po,

I am planning this year 2015 to make my first moves, in gaining financial freedom.
As a start, I have just started investing in stocks thru COL, just this February. I'm planning to open an MF account in Philequity this 2nd quarter. Since I am already decided regarding my additional investments, which is MF. My next goal is to look for a life insurance.

Pa-advice naman po:
> Advisable pa kaya ang kumuha ng VUL or pure na life insurance na lang, kung plan ko rin naman mag invest sa stock market and mag open din ng MF account?
> Mas advisable ba kung basic na life insurance na lang ang kunin ko?

Hope someone can enlighten me. :)

PetiksPinayInvestor

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2015, 06:36:14 pm »
^ Hi Sis,

Masinop ka po ba mag-track ng iyong mga expenses?

Masinop ka rin ba mag track/monitor ng iyong investments?

Masasabi mo ba na madisiplina ka sa pagbabayad ng iyong obligations?

Then you can just get a traditional or term insurance and then invest the rest sa stock market

Dapat kasi sabay sila.

Yun kasi ang isa sa mga conveniences ng VUL. Nagbayad ka na ng premium for insurance, part of your premium is invested pa. Two birds, one stone :)

Tapos ang alam ko sa VUL, kapag nag accumulate na ang investments mo, pwede ka na huminto sa pagbayad kasi kukunin na lang ang insurance charges from your investments

While as most non-VUL products, you will pay for life. Unless shempre kung 5 yrs to pay lang yan or 10 yrs. Most pure insurance kasi hanggat buhay ka magbabayad ka e :)

kukii

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2015, 09:45:41 am »
I enrolled my account to BDO EIP so far okay naman

May mutual fund din ako sa FAMI

and lastly naginvest din ako sa HPI, ayun between the 3 sa HPI palang bumalik yung initial investment ko plus lumaki pa

Planning din na mag invest sa Philequity

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2015, 07:15:02 pm »
Mostly on stock market current investments we got and are looking at.. Need to find others pa maybe business?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close