watch now

Author Topic: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?  (Read 35938 times)

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »
Oi interested ako dyan hehe ;D Gagawin ko pala yan pag uwi ko lol

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 09:49:20 pm »
Sis aquacharly, could you expound on this further pls.? What platform do you use to directly trade foreign stocks?  I hope you could give an insight on how we can do it independently from international banks/brokerages.

HELENCONS, we use Charles Schwab.  Contact  them thru email, they will gladly send you printed info. And schedule you for  a meeting with their representative ELisa, when she swings  by the
Phils.  You go to HK to open your account and sign the docs.  Directly managing your stock portfolio is very satisfying... Tatamarin ka na kung minsan mag work coz the returns are good. Hubby and I trade almOst  every  night - kanya kanyang portfolio,   hehe.  Kesa going out drinking or watching ewan ewan movies, como we have insomnia too -- ok na  ito. Starts at 930  basta no DST, like  now, tapos  na DST; and by 930 kidscare off to bed na.    :D

HSBC didn't work out ok for us, before.

Oi interested ako dyan hehe ;D Paano ang set up sa ganyan? Papa rent sa individual or businesses
(corporate)? Monthly? Paano ma sure na isoli rin nila yun equipment? Paano kung nasira nila?

Well, we rent out  heavy equipment (trucks, payloaders, transit mixers, etc);  so we have a separate corporation for that.  Monthly,  but there is a minimum no. Of months -- depends; corporate  clients, client pays for transfer and insurance  costs, our operator/driver's wages, etc.    Big deposit.   You gotta choose clients  & project sites well.  (we will not rent out  where lol may risk sunugin ng NPA/MILF our equipment;  or put our employees' lives at risk)  There are ways to guarantee payment, but mahaba na
 to explain here. 

Like any business, may challenges of course, negosyo nga. That is what management is all about. Ang unang bantayan mo yung employee mo.  Yun una kinocorrupt ng client mo ---  ang palusutin  yung
billing hours na iba. Oh well, there are ways naman to kahon them para hindi ganun ka easy  lokohin ka. But they will try, lol.

   

Are you referring to UITFs?

Real properties - Which do you think is better (for a possible rental property):[/u] buying & renovating foreclosed houses, buying & building houses or building houses on owned vacant

Bridge Financing - is this like Bank's client lending money to another bank's client?  ???


I don't go into UITFs now.  SDAs, yes.  Plus I like trading stocks directly on NYSE, much much better returns. :D

REAL PROPERTIES:  LOCATION is my priority factor considered.   If you are abroad, best you do not get properties that require to be worked on pa.   Messy.   Minor  repars are fine though.

 BRIDGE FINANCING -  yes.  The banks do this really.     But wll,  masyado na silang sigursta....  OPM na, lol:  Other People's Money.   but this is  done for what banks deem are very risk worthy clients; and clients  invited to join in the financing are chosen too.

   



mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 07:32:10 pm »
Well, we rent out  heavy equipment (trucks, payloaders, transit mixers, etc);  so we have a separate corporation for that.  Monthly,  but there is a minimum no. Of months -- depends; corporate  clients, client pays for transfer and insurance  costs, our operator/driver's wages, etc.    Big deposit.   You gotta choose clients  & project sites well.  (we will not rent out  where lol may risk sunugin ng NPA/MILF our equipment;  or put our employees' lives at risk)  There are ways to guarantee payment, but mahaba na to explain here. 

Like any business, may challenges of course, negosyo nga. That is what management is all about. Ang unang bantayan mo yung employee mo.  Yun una kinocorrupt ng client mo ---  ang palusutin  yung
billing hours na iba. Oh well, there are ways naman to kahon them para hindi ganun ka easy  lokohin ka. But they will try, lol.
 

Do you rent out to contractors or to individuals?

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 08:46:51 pm »
^ contractors with corporations and the project they are leasing our eqpmnt for must be a minimum P30million contract.

Rent out tools? No. But we give as extra bonus to our foremen or lead person:    carpentry, electrical, painting, etc, by specializaation -- tools or equipment.  Kasi you cannot hire them for the whole  project --   ano paint kung tinatayo pa bldg?  Kahit we have several projects going on, meron pa din konti downtime sila.   So at each project's end -- como hubby and I believe that: Charity begins at home, and never leaves it... Hehe --  we give our top people equipment para makapag subcon sila sa iba, parang they can  get projects outside our company .. Lumaki sila and hire more people on their own. 

IMO, hard to rent out tools or small eqpmnt like  the compressors we give.  Prone to theft. Naku, mabantayan mo pa mga yan?

What you can do is go into eqpmnt financing of people who are stuck to a location, at madali ma locate. 
 Like dentists -- for their dental chairs and tools, or even the lease in medical centers.. Millions yon eh. 
We have a small office  building we lease out by the unit/room...lol, nakaisa ako per hubby kasi akin solo yung racket na yun.    All units pinakabitan ko nang single aircon window type brand.  The room/unit  lessor pays me rent for the aircon.  Type  nila yon,  less initial outlay.   Go into rentals for which/where you have a comparative advantage.

Ano pa?  I leased out  machines for skin rejuvenation to derma groups (I don't go there though).  There is a minimum fee per month corresponding to x min. use.  They hit that min. or  not - wala ko pake.  They hit over that - may addl payment to me per use.  may computerized meter yung machines - o madali ma monitor.  After x numbers of use (we pre-agree), puede nila  buy it for x price.  If ayaw, I give a new machine, improved/newer  version eh di mas mahal. Hehe.  If they don't buy -- there are clinics that will grab lease thereof -- kasi como bawi ko na cost plus  more, lower lease na.    Fair, good
business. 

Madami opportunities. But you must commit to management, monitoring & maintenance. 

rhed

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 04:11:27 pm »
hi sis aquacharly, ok po ba ang trucking business? a close friend is into and asked me couple of times to invest on it, some of our friends already did. example: the cost of the truck is 500k, si close friend invited 3 other friends to invest nakakuha sya ng tatlo. 125k each sila. monthly 25% ng profit daw ng truck rentals ang share nila. please advise  :) and what are the papers we need to secure from close friend since sa name ng company nila nakapangalan ang mga trucks and sila din humaharap sa clients :)

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »
As a rule, I never go into partnerships... Lalo na yung negosyo  I do not control.

As for your docu with your  friend -- best to consult your lawyer. 

May I say something? How can she say you wil have a 25% monthly profit when  hindi nyo pa nababawi your capital/investment?  Too good to be true, IMO.  but what do  I know?

500k truck? Luma. Baka puro downtime yan.   Reconditioned ones cost  from 1.5 to 2mio na ha.   check it out before buying. Baka yan pa  gawin  reason hindi ka kumita 25%.   

To me, the  most lucrative/easiest trucking business eh yung mkagets ka sa City Hall ng garbage hauling.   Hindi laspag trucks mo, coz basura is magaan.  May regularity of rental.  May turn-around  usually.  Bayad per trip kasi.   But to earn 25%?  Hehe, guess... Sa dami ng errr "profit sharing"..... You
will not get 25%.   But I have gone into this.  Ok na business.  But for me to say ok na business na hindi ikaw humahawak ng collection -- I can't say that.   

Hmmm, come to think of it  -- 25 % return is possible --  pad  trips, collect for trips not  made.  But personally, don't. Money not earned the right way brings complications, new troubles, IMO.

I am not saying this is not a good deal. BUT learn more about it, lalo na kung pano mo mavalidate na you are getting 25% nga.  Pano mo mabantayan collection ?   Baka yng 25% mo eh  mahawakan mo lang kung magpapasok ka uli ng another truck.

JINJIN:*

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 07:18:17 pm »
I haven't bought any asset yet, like house or car.

I just have an Investment/Pension from Philam
MF from Philam
UITF from BDO
A stock from a friends business which earns a decent interest every month.
My emergency fund is only twice of my salary now :(

Thats it. I have yet to reach my first million pag pinagsama sama lahat yan.Hopefully soon.

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 06:05:06 pm »
Sis, I think ok yan - diversification of paper assets! ;)

JINJIN:*

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 06:28:14 pm »
Sis, I think ok yan - diversification of paper assets! ;)

tomoo....hindi ko pa kase kayang bumili ng assest na pangmatagalan like house and lot..although gusto ko talaga kaso diba nga single pa ko (seperated) so naisip ko na dapat yung soon to be partner ko ang mag provided neto. (although iba kase pag meron kang sarili) YUn nga lang hindi ko pa kaya mag isa..yaw ko namang bumili ng raw house na siyang afford ko at the moment. So chaka na muna.

Dito muna ako sa paper asset.

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 06:32:27 pm »
^ I think it's even better than a house or a car 'coz these are not investments which could give income. I mean, unless ipa rent mo yun house or ipa transport service ang car... Sabi sa 1 talk na napuntahan ko - these are testaments of our hard work. ;)

rhed

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 10:34:52 pm »
Thanks sis aquacharly :) I'm also wary of this deal kasi I don't go into partnerships unless with my parents. Thanks for your honest advice :) takot naman ako sa mga govt deals, years ago I supplied office supplies sa isang brgy hall (take note brgy hall lang yun ha) pero grabe sila magpatong yung 2.50 na pencil 4 sa PO nila toinks naman talaga kaya hindi na ako nagrenew sa kanila and pati bday ng pamangkin ng clerk dun, may cake pa dapat.. :( sorry mods off topic. But going back I like the idea of renting out dental chairs :)

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:30 am »
RHED, not all new dentists can afford to  get and equip dental clinics -- so madami puede mo pa rent.  The thing is -- eto ha --  put it all in your name.   Kasi pag nagabroad  an bigla si dentist -- hindi ka matatakbuhan.  Hindi iyong i-deal nya sa iba the clinic and the equipment, ayos ka. Btw, you do not have to own the  clinic, lease mo for say 5-10 years.    Yang racket ko lumakas when I put up  sa kabilang side ng moon, hehe.  Meron sa Ortigas, tapos meron sa Alabang.  The dentists like it too, na umiikot sila.   Kasi mas madami their clients pag ganon.   

You can maintain at least 2 dentists --  palit palitan sila. :)
And well, generally --  hindi maloko maki deal mga doctrs & dentists.

The garbage hauling business is good, if like for  me -- may mga panahon hindi  ginagamit  trucks.  Hindi nga nalalaspag trucks, garbage isn't heavy.    Well,  RHED, sa business na ito -- the key to success is if ka proft-share mo yang  nag distribute ng trips at yung nag process ng payments.  Mabilis kang maka collect.  Lol.  it yields  good  money in a short time, halos no-brainer  pa racket na ito ----- tutal you don't even get near the garbage, lol.  Bahala na your alipores to bring your trucks   already cleaned up before these  re-enter your depot.  But of course! , hehe.   

Ang ayoko.. Yang hiraman ako ng truck for baha operations. Risky.  But I lend my trucks for free with free gas and free driver & alalay for  food distribution kahit na sa Bicol pa kalayo.   (haynako, 1 pa yan....  pag trucking,  laging meron "yaya" driver mo... They never move alone.). 

GOOD LUCK, RHED!   

chefron

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »
aquacharly yung sa garbage trucks po ba hindi sya pwedeng private? imean exvlusive sa isang subdivision? or walang ganong set up?  ;D tas what kind of permit ang needed for that?  bigla akong naging interesado dyan

rhed

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 11:04:24 am »
thanks sis aqua! para ako nag crash course sa entrep 101  ;D ;D ;D

same as chefron, yung trucks ba pwede private? pero dapat may connections ka sa dumping site noh?

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 03:58:55 pm »
You cannot say sa private ka lang. Kasi may sched ang collection. Pero, you can have the better locations  na madali puntahan.  That way, puede ka mag 2 or more trips a day.

But here in Greenhills East (we are the only Greenhills na Mandaluyong, Brgy Wack-Wack kami eh)  sabi ng Association GM private haulers are hired na directly by us kasi kung aasa sa garbage collection ng Mandaluyong -- eh  kapos.  yan hindi ko pa na tsismiss details kasi ayoko i-racket. Naku mamaya konting ut*t, hihiram ng truck/s. Lolz   

You don't need palakas sa garbage dump -- basta magpay ka tong dun. Oh yes.  The city or muniipality makes the dumping contract with the dumping site, not the garbage hauler with the site.

beach

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 07:28:48 am »
I haven't bought any asset yet, like house or car.

I just have an Investment/Pension from Philam
MF from Philam
UITF from BDO
A stock from a friends business which earns a decent interest every month.
My emergency fund is only twice of my salary now :(

Thats it. I have yet to reach my first million pag pinagsama sama lahat yan.Hopefully soon.

Small-time lang ako but I just want to share...

I spent 3 years slaving at a multinational corporation... I earned naman a decent amount pero for some reason, I couldn't save... I always had things to buy.. Hindi kasi ako type yung nag-iipon for something (yung you want something and then you save up for it)... Ipon lang ako ng ipon tapos kapag may makita nice to buy... go na agad...

I earned a lot of money working pero never saved up.. Last October 2010, I opened a citiseconline account. I started with 25K... and two months ago, nagpass ng 1M mark ang portfolio ko. The thing with getting a citiseconline account kasi.. aside from the fact na investment sya sa stocks... lahat ng savings mo, mahirap ilabas once napasok na kasi you have to go through some process for withdrawals... so you are discouraged from getting your money out... so it's like you are forced to save... unlike bank na punta ka lang sa bank or do a bank transfer, labas na agad money mo. So even when I see something I like, di ko na agad ma-buy... :) SO I get to save.

I started an online business after I resigned from my job so all my profits go to the citiseconline account. That's how I earn money lang talaga now and okay naman... Getting interested in the ideas of sis aquacharly... parang I wanna enter into something new na income generating... :)

Sis aquacharly... how do you get clients who will lease from you? Friends mo na ba sila from the beginning or new peeps talaga? really want to get into the equipment thing.. :)
 





aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 06:57:02 pm »
BEACH:  in the construction industry, there are people who are "finders", that is their business.  I don't deal with small companies, too risky.  In the construction business, like the fishpen business -- feast or famine yan per project.

With the dental  thing, I do not like to go into the lending or pautang or pawnshop business.  No judgment ha.  I get ideas from being tsismosa. Like a BFF with a lending company once mentioned she does not like to go into lending that  is not repaid in 6 months max.  But people have approached her for eqpmnt  financing. Ang banks  kasi mabusisi and require 40percent at least  equity for eqpmnt.  So,  that started it.  Kasi tsismosa ako.  I listen to other people's business, hehe.

IMO, if you want to be a business person, kelangan tsismosa ka --  but a different kind of tsismosa. 
Hindi iyong dwell on people & their  bad traits, their disasters & kalokohans/weaknesses.  Tsismosa, instead  sa mga lessons you can pick  up about life, about trends and needs/opportunities.   
Tsismosa ka not to feel better coz some are flawed or have more problems -- but tsismosa ka ka kasi  you are  looking out for siituations/people with problems you may have a solution  for, for which you can charge & earn.   

Madaming puedeng pagkitahan, really.  The issue is: gusto mo ba kumita sa ganyan?  What   gets in the
way?  Katamaran, preference... "ano sasabihin ng tao?" lolz... hiya, lack of consistent determination,
"no time", tigas ng ulo, etc. etc. etc.    You see a barrier, sure there will be one. 

beach

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 10:23:44 pm »
sis aquacharly... thank you so much. :) nakaka-inspire ka talaga. :)

i will become tsismosa na from now on... i need to check my surroundings nga for the problems na meron para i can find solutions for them...

sa sobrang dami choices of how to earn and what business to enter, naguguluhan talaga ako... but one thing is fore sure, I want to get in business talaga. :) kaya due diligence muna ako now... will make my timeline. :)

thanks again, super!

piatos

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012, 10:20:39 pm »
sis aquacharly, do you invest in mutual funds or SDA lang talaga?  May alam ka pang business na pang no brainer?  TIA!

mommytaf

  • Guest
Re: How Do You Diversify Your Investments?
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2012, 08:14:49 am »
Gusto ko din mag invest sa real etate naman.  Or kaya pagawa na building/house for rent and we have a commercial lot, balak naman patayuan ng building ni hubby.  Okay ba mag loan sa bangko for construction?  Don't know where and how to start.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close