watch now

Author Topic: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days  (Read 5542 times)

CoolChick

  • Guest
Hi Everyone! I have a question regarding staying in the Philippines for more than 21 days if your are a US citizen. I have tried searching for a thread with this topic pero hindi ko mahanap so I decided to start a new thread. I have heard different things about getting an extension. From people who did not know that a rule/law exists and stayed in the Philippines for about a month without any problems, to people who got the extension at the airport daw.

I'm very confused because I tried to search for information online but the Philippine Immigration Office doesn't have much information on their website.

I wanted to know if any of you had any personal experience about this and what did you girls do to stay for more than 21 days. Thank you in advance! :)

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:51:03 pm »
^sis, when hubby and I were preparing for our wedding here, he has to extend. Punta Lang kami sa immigration,present his passport, paid the fee (I forgot how much) depends on how many days you're planning to extend, and that's it. In an hour hubby got his passport back stamped with an extension. That was way back October 2010.

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 03:00:18 pm »
Thanks Lisse! :) Yun ba yung office nila sa Intramuros or do they have mga smaller offices elsewhere?

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 03:07:54 pm »
Yup, dun kami pumunta. They have other offices pero I'm not sure. NASA manila kasi kami that time eh.

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 08:09:42 am »
or you can just apply for a visa sa consulate or embassy.

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 11:47:19 am »
Lisse, thanks for the info! I'm trying to find the easiest way to get the extension because I was thinking it might take the whole day at their office sa Intramuros. :)

Grumpybear, I was going to do that sana but I'm about to leave and I couldn't take time off work to go to the embassy. Thanks sa info sis! :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 01:15:45 pm »
Sis coolchick, one hour Lang kami ni hubby sa immigration that time, kasama Na waiting don. Wala din masyadong pila to think it was a regular working day at 9-10 am. Of course it wouldn't hurt to ask, I think naka post sa site nila number nila, just call and ask if time really is a big constraint sa situation niyo. Good luck!

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 01:49:09 pm »
Thanks Mama Squeak for the link! I did see those fees the other day. It's funny how there was more information posted about getting an extension sa US Department of State website than the Philippine website. I'm just puzzled how some people I know were able to stay more than 21 days without having to get an extension. :)

Lisse, bilis nga thinking it was a regular working day! Sige, I'll try to give them a call and just trek to their office when I get the chance. Thanks again! :)

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 01:53:30 pm »
^maybe because they were travelling with Filipino citizens? When we stayed more than 21 days noon sa Pinas, my husband didn't need to get a visa because he was travelling with me.

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 02:29:14 pm »
^ Talaga, the people you are traveling with has something to do with how many days you are allowed to stay in the Philippines? Was he ever asked about his travel dates when you both were flying out of the Philippines?

ldrwifey

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 10:14:27 am »
last time i was back, stayed for 22days, funny wala man lang nagbanggit sakin tungkol sa extension n yan. the only advice i got was when i booked my ticket, the CSR told me that Philippine Immigration might ask for my RT ticket and that i have enough travel money. I was like what, meron palang ganun..  ;D ;D
that's the 1st time n nagtravel ako n US passport na ang gamit ko. nung andun n ako s immigration, both coming in and going out wala naman sinabi sakin. kasi diba if may mga ganun palang rules they should advise every foreign travellers about it.

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 10:21:05 am »
Former Filipino citizens are allowed up to a year yata. Basta mas lenient sila with former Filipino citizens.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 11:52:54 am »
CoolChick: citizen ka na? wee! congrats! :) you don't want to apply for dual citizenship na lang? :)

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 01:16:44 pm »
Idrwifey, sa mga kilala ko who stayed longer than 21 days sa Philippines they either didn't know of that rule as well or they did but none of them has ever applied for an extension.  Kaya naguguluhan ako bakit inconsistent sila. I just stumbled upon that rule one time, ayan kasi kung ano-ano nababasa ko. Lol! Talaga, they can ask if you have enough travel money? Anong proof ang gusto nila? :)

Grumpybear, talaga allowed up to a year? Kailangan ba magshow ng old Philippine passport? :)

Mooncake and Leaves, yes sis! Thank you! Ang bilis nga ng lahat. Parang from the interview to oath taking to passport, parang tig 2 weeks lang each. Gusto ko rin magapply for dual eventually. Maghahanap pa ako ng time. Kailangan kasi. :)

ldrwifey

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 02:01:24 pm »
^yup sabi ng airline just be ready, so ako naman dahil takot, hehe, dinala ko yung proof of remittance ko sa atm ni husband pati marriage cert nga bitbit ko just in case n hingan ng evidence n asawa ko nga yung pinadalhan ko (talk abput being praning diba) haha.


grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 01:55:19 am »
CoolChick, they didn't ask for my old passport nung dumating ako kasi obvious naman na Pilipino ako because nag-t-tagalog ako. I guess to be safe just bring your old passport pero most times, discretion na yun ng Immigration Officer.

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 01:18:52 pm »
ldrwifey, I don't know what proof I should bring. Bank statement? Showing proof has never entered my mind and I've never heard that from anyone. I wonder if hindi nila papapasukin ang traveler sa Philippines kapag walang proof? :)

Thanks Grumpybear! I will brining my old passport. Actually bago pa nga yung Philippine passport ko since I renewed it while waiting for my US Passport. I wonder if they actually know who are no longer Filipino citizens.

ldrwifey

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 01:43:12 pm »
baka cash  ;D i really dont know. i think its more of show money, just like pinoys travelling to US diba humihingi sila ng show money. papasukin naman ata, OA naman masyado kung hindi.

pinklilac

  • Guest
Re: Non-Filipino Citizens Traveling to The Philippines For More Than 21 Days
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 09:33:10 am »
hi sis.. may mga satellite office ang immigration. the first time my bf extended his stay ay sa intramuros kame nag punta. mabilis naman in fairness.. then we heard bout sa satellite office..we found one at robinson's dasma since taga cavite naman ako so mas conveninet sa amin.. di ko alam lyung iba pang location

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close