watch now

Author Topic: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?  (Read 18933 times)

mocha1209

  • Guest
Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:30:35 am »
Hi girls,  I'm torn between going to the gym or not. Im having a tight budget kasi but I could actually save para mag join sa isang gym.. the thing is do I really have to go to a gym to lose weight? Please help..TIA! :D

chefron

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 12:39:14 pm »
no sis...you can cut on rice na lang para mabilis din ang abwas ng timbang. try walking too

gab54

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 01:10:16 pm »
less or no carbs - just veggies & protein
no softdrink/juice - water lang, lots of it!
walking & exercise at home by following videos



rianne_mallows

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 01:24:47 pm »
less or no carbs - just veggies & protein
no softdrink/juice - water lang, lots of it!
walking & exercise at home by following videos

100% agree on this... just to add
do lots of house chores, manually as much as posible...
helps you burn calories plus saves you money from electricity

(if you're married)
have sex.... lots of it... its the best exercise IMO ;D

qt_ben17

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 01:47:14 pm »
mas maganda kung sabayan mo ng weights para firm pa rin ang muscles. pero not to the point na mala vina morales sa laki ha. hehe.

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 01:55:17 pm »
You can also track your food intake and activities spent with carbs burned thru loseit.com.

V_for_Victoria

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:09 pm »
I lost 20 lbs without going to the gym, just improved my diet (I still ate rice every day, but I lessened the junk) and exercised regularly, especially jump rope. Great quick workout. Then I got bored then went to the gym. :P

hanson15

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 04:28:25 pm »
sis ang ginawa ko gumamit ako ng myfitnesspal na apple apps. Kung wala ka noon just go on diet 5 times a day. breakfast with rice, crackers like skyflakes or fruits pag snacks. tpos normal lunch tapos mag fruits or oats ka sa dinner. parang gawin mong 5 small meals a day. Learn to eat na high in fiber, lean protein and less fat. avoid oily foods, junkfoods, sweets. 3hours before ka mag sleep dpat wag kana kumain. avoid sugar drinks like juice and softdrinks. If gusto mo ng juice mag green tea ka as in yung dahon talaga. i helps for faster metabolism.

As exercise naman i use zumba, or hip hop abs na video for beginner. Mahirap mag gym sis tataba ka pag di ka ng diet hehe. so if for beginner na work out yung recommended ko.

so far its about discipline tlaga and motivation. Pag nakasanayan mo na yan magiging hobby mo na siya and mas gugustuhin mo na healthy living.

My original weight is 128 pounds ngayon 114 pounds nalang. Taon din yan kung tutuusin. After ko mag loose ng 5 pounds ng papahinga ako sa exercise. Then mag papayat ulit ako after. hehe hope this helps!

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 05:34:55 pm »
^sis, I'm also currently using fitnesspal on my iPad. Kaaliw Lang kasi it even tells you how much you'll weigh after so and so period if you continue to eat that way (the food you've eaten on that particular day)

hanson15

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 05:48:37 pm »
Yes sis before hirap ako magloose nang weight. Nakatulong talaga sakin ang fitness pal. hehe

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 05:52:05 pm »
Saka okay Na motivator if makikita mo talaga yung figures, of your weight and the calories you've consumed, cals you've burned, etc. Yung loseit online naman sya, parang fitnesspal din.

greenpease05

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 06:08:08 pm »
Has anyone of you tried DUKAN Diet?  This is the diet that JLo used after giving birth to her twins and Kate Middleton before the wedding. =)

So far this is very effective to both me and hubby and has a longterm program. =)

aicute12

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 08:51:17 am »
sis greenpease05, how do you eat the oat brans ba?

greenpease05

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 09:40:29 am »
the oat bran could be mixed  with yogurt sis during breakfast or snacks. or you can make a oat pancake. =)

There are some recipes given din online for dukan sis. =)

hanson15

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 09:54:00 am »
pashare ng recipe ng oat pancake sis!

mocha1209

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 10:36:01 am »
Naku mga sis thanks for sharing! keep on sharing para makatulong din sa mga sis natin na nagbubdget para di na kailangang pumunta sa gym pero maglo-lose weight pa rin!  ;) ;D

babymine08

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 10:52:56 am »
Sis, try mo ang after six diet. pwede ka kumain at night pero fruits lang.  tapos drink a glass of water before every meal para mas mabilis maburn yung kinain mo. :)

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 10:54:43 am »
Yes you can yun nga lang di kasing bilis if you go to the gym. Plus depends sa metabolism mo. as we get older, bumabagal na metabolism natin. i noticed before, one week lang ako na no rice ang laki ng ipapayat ko. but now i hit 30, naku di na sya effective. I need to go to the gym na talaga to lose weight and watch what I eat.

qt_ben17

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 11:45:45 am »
in fairness, effective nga yang after 6 diet. the next morning flat ang tummy ko.
kaso hindi ko makaya nahihilo ako lol. at late kasi ako matulog sa gabi so by the time na matutulog na ko eh gutom  na gutom na ako haha.

greenpease05

  • Guest
Re: Can I lose weight even w/o going to a gym?
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 11:02:26 pm »
What I did when I went on Dukan diet.

PHASE 1 Attack Phase

Break Fast :
2 eggs (scrambled or poached)
1 flavored yogurt + 1tbs oatbran,
Water or Tea(any kind is okay)

Snack :
1 or 2 yogurt
water

Lunch: eat all you can Lean meat ( any of the ones below is okay)
beef ( no fat)
chicken (skinless)
pork( not fat)
 seafood

Water to drink


Snack:
yogurt

Dinner:
Same as lunch and lots of water. Tea or coffee is alright.


Excercise needed: 20mins walk a day ( I don't do this all the time)

This went on til my 8th day. Happy that rice cravings went away on my 3rd day. I  just focused on the goal of losing 8 to 10lbs so I don't really need much to lose.

What I've noticed is that by the time i reached the  8th day I noticed that I lost already 6lbs. so i don't need to be too harsh on my self.


2.  A CRUISE phase

9th to 20th: Alternately I incorporated my  all meat with veggies except POTATOES, RICE & breads)

example M-W-F-S with veggies  and T-Th-S all meat


3. A CONSOLIDATION  I didn't go to this one anymore as I've alreay achieved my 10lbs goal. 



4. Currently I am now at  Stabilization Phase. now I can eat anything i wanted but not going overboard  and leaving ONE DAY  in a week for my ALL MEAT DAY. This is now keeping me at 118lbs for 2months now and I can keep this weight as long as I don't go over eating and do my once a week  All meat routine.

Note that

When I went to this Diet I have my hubby and 2 friends who joined me on Dukan Diet  and another 2 Friends went on Cohen diet.

Hubby  already lost  more than 25lbs since he started last October and still losing.
I lost 10lbs  and  now maintaining or on Stabilization phase
Friend 1  lost 12lbs in 3weeks and now on consolidation phase
Friend 2 lost 5lbs in 3weeks  and now on stabilization phase because she only need a few lbs. to lose.


2 cohen dieters
Friend 1 lost already 15lbs in span of 2month (serious to the diet )
Friend 2 lost  8lbs in span of 2months because she just wanted to take the diet lightly.
 
 

So far so good with Dukan.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:12:40 pm by greenpease05 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close