watch now

Author Topic: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2  (Read 157454 times)

aubrey888

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2012, 11:25:55 am »
Hi mga sis! I have been lurking in this site for quite some time now & I have finally decided to share my story to you guys. I'm not sure if I am posting in the right thread pero here goes.

My history: Married 2001
Start of work-up: 2002 (clomid, Hysterosalpingogram, several failed IUIs)
1st pregnancy: 2003 (blighted ovum)
Immuno testing: 2003 (Cat I, II, IV, V)
Other tests/procedures: Laparoscopy for Endo stage II, severe PCOS
Treatment: LIT, IVIG, Prednisone, Heparin, Aspirin (the works)
Result: several failed IUIs & 2 failed IVFs (done in Singapore)

To make  the long story short, walang nangyari. I don't want to sound obnoxious pero sa lahat lahat ng nagastos naming mag-asawa I could have built a house, seriously. But we did not mind the financial factor, we worked hard instead para matustusan ang expenses. But the most painful part is the emotional & physical pain that we had to endure.

Fast forward to 2007, our 2nd IVF procedure. Husband & I decided that if it still does not work out, we will move on with our lives & accept the fact that maybe our destiny is to really not have a child.

After the failed IVF I went through all the grieving stages, anger, depression, self pity, etc. ( i know all of you can relate to this). Until I reached the final stage, ACCEPTANCE.

I realized that life is not about having a child or not. Having no children does not make me less of a person. Naisip ko, I did not marry my husband just to procreate. I married him because I want to spend the rest of my l with him. & if we do have a child/children, bonus na yun sobra. I did bt blame God, kasi naisip ko i have so many blessings in life. Good health, loving family & friends, shelter, food, a wonderful husband, pano pa ako aangal? parang ang selfish ko na nun.

Moving on, hubby & i decided to live our life to the max. We traveled when permitted. We took up mountain biking. We surrounded ourselves w/ people who care & love us & who do not judge us for not having children.

Fast forward again to 2012. I found out I was pregnant. No work ups, no medications, etc. As in lahat wala. I found out Jan 3. Grabe the best new yr's gift na natanggap namin. I am now almost 11wks pregnant.

What I learned from all of these: that God is really great. I am not a super religious person pero this truly is a miracle baby. In God's time talaga, everything will fall into place.  I have to be honest, I am scared almost every day. Scared that something might go wrong. In short PARANOID. But I am embracing this pregnancy. Binigay na ito ni Lord w/o me asking so I know para sa akin na talaga to.

Mga sis, don't lose hope. Wala pala talagang imposible kay Lord. I read this somewhere:
GOD answers prayer in 3 ways:
HE says YES & gives you what you want.
HE says NO & gives you BETTER.
HE says WAIT & gives you the BEST EVER.

I continue to pray everyday that everything will go well. & I will pray for everyone here who are in their journey to having their own miracle baby soon.

Ang haba na ng post ko, I will create another one kasi I want to share what I have learned so far in this pregnancy.

Prayers & Baby dust to all. :)
Wow!  Trully and inspiring story!  :)

I really love your quote:
"HE says YES & gives you what you want.
HE says NO & gives you BETTER.
HE says WAIT & gives you the BEST EVER."

Sobrang nakaka-relate ako....  Good luck sis zoe_girl18.  have a safe pregnancy!  Tc!  :-*

snuffy

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2012, 10:24:50 pm »
hi mga sis can anyone help me medyo naguguluhan kasi ako if whom will i have my LIT done I'm torn between Dr. Aleta and Dr. Abong heard so many good feed backs about both of them, can any one please help me so i can compare we are planning to start our LIT this march so that by April or may we could already move with our IVF plans...
also to those who just had their LIT's please post kung how much does it cost...
thanks in advance mga sis..

mommyontop

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2012, 04:22:18 pm »
just had my 4th and 5th LIT with dra aleta, costs me 16,000/donor  :D

abel823

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2012, 06:42:15 pm »
Already had 6 Lit total ... every session 2 donor cost me 30k per session.
After  6 Lit, check my Lat score from 1 , naging 4 which is positive only.
Already set going to taiwan in a few weeks. Will not add Lit session anymore bahala na si lord.
Laki na kasi gastos at di naman tumaas kahit strong postive.
Although tumaas naman sya.

jhoanne11108

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2012, 07:01:38 pm »
ok na yan sis score mo, pwede na magproceed sa IVF yan. Then pag positive kana for sure babalik ka sa immunologist mo di ba, by that time baka sabihin sayo mag booster ka para alalay sa pregnancy mo naman.

abel823

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2012, 07:09:51 pm »
Thanks sis Jhoanne,

Medyo nalungkot din kasi ako kasi di nag strong positve.
Medyo budgeted na din kami ni hubby for IVF na yun natitira.
Saka naka reserve na din if needed talaga mag IVIG.

Thanks for the info... takot nga ako bumalik kay Dra abong kasi baka pilitin ako mag lit pa ulit.
Although pag nag positive naman balik ako agad sa kanya.

jhoanne11108

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2012, 07:16:24 pm »
he he he wag ka matakot kay Doc mabait yun.

Ako from score 1 tapos 4 LIT na tig 1 donor lang naging score 4 same lang tayo pero yung sayo ang dami mo donors medyo matigas ang ulo ng immune system mo kasi hindi todo ang tinaas ng score mo inspite of your donors.  Sana pag na pregnant ka magli-low ang activity ng immune system mo para less problem na :)

abel823

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »
OO nga ang tigas ng ulo eh ...
Agressive na nga yun Lit ko ganun lang tinaas.
Mag accupuncture din ako every week bago alis for IVF may 3 weeks pa ako.
Para mag accupuncture naman.
Nakaka stress kasi yun Lit score na yan.

Goodluck sis sa IUI mo ha.

jhoanne11108

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2012, 07:57:23 pm »
thanks sis :)

tama yan accupuncture para ma ready ang buong body mo sa IVF.  Nabasa ko sa leaflet na galing sa CARMI inaadvise talaga nila na magpa accu lalo na sa day ng transfer.  Kaya go go ka na sa accu mo kung pwede 3x a week ka gawin mo kasi sabi  2 to 4 months na accu for preparation sa IVF eh.

pink_blush01

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2012, 08:11:59 pm »
sis yung sakin from 0 naging 6. 2 donors per session, 2 weeks interval. may 3rd session pa dapat ako kaso sabi ko ang gastos na hehe kaya di ako bumalik. di naman ako pinagalitan ni doc nung bumalik ako. nag booster lang ako nung january with 1 donor, then tinext ko si doc A, pwede daw wala muna LIT this month. yey to that!

pink_blush01

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2012, 08:18:40 pm »
OO nga ang tigas ng ulo eh ...
Agressive na nga yun Lit ko ganun lang tinaas.
Mag accupuncture din ako every week bago alis for IVF may 3 weeks pa ako.
Para mag accupuncture naman.
Nakaka stress kasi yun Lit score na yan.

Goodluck sis sa IUI mo ha.

acu din sis ang suspect ko na isa sa nakatulong kung bakit na preggy ako sa 1st IUI ko. nung wala pa ako budget for fertility treatment acu and massage lang ginagawa ko (yun lang kaya ng budget). nung 1st 4 months ko 4x a month acu ko, tapos 2x a month na lang. may massage lage kapartner yun. goodluck sa IVF!

sis jhoanne11108, goodluck sa upcoming IUI mo :)

abel823

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2012, 03:47:17 am »
sis yung sakin from 0 naging 6. 2 donors per session, 2 weeks interval. may 3rd session pa dapat ako kaso sabi ko ang gastos na hehe kaya di ako bumalik. di naman ako pinagalitan ni doc nung bumalik ako. nag booster lang ako nung january with 1 donor, then tinext ko si doc A, pwede daw wala muna LIT this month. yey to that!


Ako sis 2 donor din per session with one week interval lang. Umabot ako ng 3 session , kaya  butas na bulsa ko. Kaya di muna ako magpapakita after IVf na lang kung nag positive na ako.

Goodluck sis sa pregnancy mo.. have a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery. c,")
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:50:16 am by abel823 »

mommyontop

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 02:52:14 pm »
will have my lat test next week, tama ba computation ko na after 2 weeks ng last lit tsaka pwede mag lat test? [textspeak!] ba score suppose to be para mag strong positive?  ???

zoe_girl18

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2012, 04:06:13 pm »
@mommyontop, yes, 2 wks after your LIT, you can have your LAT checked. :)

sisilly

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2012, 07:31:40 pm »
Hi! I just want to share some good news.

After going through the heartache of four miscarriages in 2009 and 2010, our baby boy was born last Feb 28 at 38 wks 1 day. I was induced and went through 20 hours of labor but gave birth naturally, by God's grace.

I'm still recovering and adjusting to taking care of our baby so this will be a very short update. I promise to post longer soon as I can, listing the things that we did to get to this point.

I just want to encourage those who are still waiting to really just surrender to God's will and perfect time. For me, I came to a point I call my "Isaac point". I had to surrender this baby to God and realize that God is enough. Anger and fear became surrender and deep peace.

Hugs to all of you.

jiffy

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2012, 09:33:53 pm »
^ congrats sis...

I had zero LAT when I went to taiwan for IVF last year. But Dr Lee said I was okay so no need for immunology meds. Unfortunately nagfail IVF namin. I was insisting that he gave me IVIG in taiwan but he said based on the immunological tests they did on me sa Taiwan di ko daw need.. Then I met Sis Ida in Taiwan and found out we almost had the same case... nagfail din sya first time and she came back and have her LIT treatments before going back to taiwan for her second attempt. It was successful! so that inspired me to get LIT treatments as well.. I had 2 sessions with 2 donors each and I was so happy that my LAT is now 100%.. now Im ready to go back to Taiwan..  :)

zoe_girl18

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2012, 10:14:50 pm »
Congrats sis sisilly :) God is truly great! Mga stories of sucess nyo are truly an inspiration to us who are on our way there :) God bless & enjoy motherhood!

abel823

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2012, 12:24:44 am »
Meron ba dito sa mga sis natin na nag pa Lat test na mataas ang score? Strong positive agad?A di na kelangan mag pa Lit?
Kasi napansin ko na pag nag pa test kadalasan naman mababa ang score.
So madami talaga magpapa Lit injection kasi mababa score di ba? 1 out of 10 na nagpa Lat for sure 9  or lahat eh mababa score.
If this is the case kung ganun nga di rin convincing ang Lit therapy???

jiffy

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2012, 06:32:19 am »
^ sis meron din nagpapatest na mataas ang LAT so di na need LIT. What do you mean na di convincing ang LIt Therapy? kase after naman magpaLIT you test your LAT again and the results itself wll let you know kung nagwork LIT. Sometimes the body response to your donor is slow so in those cases ang recommendation is change donor then test again.. dapat daw mga after one month ng LIT magpatest para talagang makita na full effect ng treatment.

abel823

  • Guest
Re: Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) Thread 2
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2012, 09:18:12 am »
ah you mean meron din mataas na Lat score.. kasi madalas nakikita ko mababa score nila.
Parang bihira lang mataas ang score and di na nagpapa lit.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close