Author Topic: All About Facial Serums  (Read 139143 times)

uglygirl

• GirlTalker
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2014, 03:33:41 pm »
^ thank you so much sis 💋

babyastig

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2014, 09:28:11 pm »
@kgrl04.... how much po yun Laneige White Plus Renew Essence... Thanks.

kgrl04

• GirlTalker
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2014, 11:27:24 am »
@kgrl04.... how much po yun Laneige White Plus Renew Essence... Thanks.

Php2,450 sis..pricey i know T_T nabili ko sya nung may special set na kasama..mag 3 months na sya saken

prettysherry

• GirlTalker
  • Blessed to have my Nathan, Sofia & baby Noel!☺️💕
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2014, 05:43:30 pm »
Hi! Joining....ask ko lang if anyone has tried or knows anyone who has tried Chanel's Le Weekend? I read it kasi in Cosmo na its a good serum especially if tamad ka since during weekends mo lang siya i-apply. TIA!! :)
Just focus on the things you can do and surrender the rest to God..let GOD be GOD!! :)

ataypool

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2014, 08:32:09 pm »
I used Olay Total Effects serum in my mid-30's. It was better than the more expensive Olay Microsculpting serum.

I decided to step up when I reached late 30's. I alternate the following.

Estee Lauder ANR and Sulwhasoo First Treatment Essence - good serum for anti-aging. If you already have good skin and just want to prevent the signs of aging, I would recommend this. I'm on the last few drops of my ANR and will use the Missha First Treatment Essence after I finished it. Sulwhasoo is expensive but I only buy the samples from G-Market, the Korean E-bay. History of Whoo is another Korean brand to try.

For every night:
OST Vitamin C Serum - Korean brand, cheaper than the western brands with a high concentration of Vitamin C. It helped with my discolouration. I use it every night. It stings at first but you will get used to it.
Shiseido Revital Neck Essence
Rosehip Oil (any brand) - helps if you have dry skin
Lancome Eye-Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate - I regret buying this; expensive but has the same effect as the low-priced brands.

MsPringles

• Junior GirlTalker
    • my baby blog
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:20 pm »
Vitamin C serums should be whitish or atleast champagne colored. If it turns yellow or brownish don't use it!. It means nagoxidize na yung vitamin C and it's no good for the skin na.

I've been experimenting on making DIY Vitamin C serum since last year. I used ultima C before since it's alkaline vitamin C and I also bought generic vitamin E. I mixed two capsules of the vitamin C + vitamin E + hyaluronic acid lotion + celeteque moisturizer and hyaluronic moisturizer. The thing is nagyeyellow na yung vitamin C powder ng ultima C so it was yellowish to start with. Ok naman so, so ang effect sakin and bonus moisturizer yung vitamin E since it's in oil form. I only use this at night kasi ang lagkit nya for day use. It lasted for 2 weeks. oxidized quickly.

Bought another generic alkaline vitamin C called Alka C 500. It's in a black capsule and the contents were white! Perfect condition and di pa nagooxidize yung vitamin C! Then I also bought a generic vitamin E in green capsule Eviriose 400 with 400 IU. Both are very affordable! I also tried taking them orally. They're both good finds! I pour them first in a clear shot glass then mix them with hyaluronic acid again with less moisturizer. All in all lesser finished product kasi I want the vitamin C to be a bit concentrated. I pour the contents in a scented oil essence bottle with a glass dropper and dark bottle. This lasts more than a week. I always keep this in the fridge. It started oxidizing after a week.

I finally found a liquid glycerin recently! I saw the liquid glycerin + water + vitamin C recipe online.
So I added 2 capsules of vitamin C (Alka C) directly on the bottle this time no vitamin E since I don't really like the stickyness of it. Then I used hyaluronic acid(white hada labo) with a bit of water then added the liquid glycerin (Apollo brand). Shook the crap out of the bottle after but there was just so much vitamin C powder that  it was grainy to use for 3 days. Dapat siguro lusawin ko muna sa water before I add the glycerin. After 3 days of use and shaking it was smoothly mixed. After more than a week there's still no sign of yellowing of oxidizing. Yay!

As for the effects... I got the best effects with my latest formula without vitamin E and with some glycerin. My skin is brighter and it renews faster. Hoping to get pinkish skin with this!  ;D

Try nyo rin sissies! Siguradong fresh yung vitamin C serum nyo!  ;)

BTW I tried to slather it on my face but parang nagbloat yung muka ko the next day. Less is more for me. Tamang coverage lang.  ;)

oktoberfest22

• Aggrieved.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2014, 07:55:07 pm »
I'm currently using olay regenerist regenerating serum fragrance free, the US version in the am.  So far, so good, no break outs and not greasy. I still have to use it a bit longer to see if there will be a marked effect on my skin.
Be careful. Big Brother is watching...

uglygirl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2014, 08:01:02 pm »
Wow sis mspringles ang galing mo!! Sana i could also diy para sure kong maganda yung ingredients!

MsPringles

• Junior GirlTalker
    • my baby blog
« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2014, 08:25:52 pm »
^You can sis. You just need a dark bottle na may dropper or basta dark bottle kasi di dapat ma-expose sa light ang vitamin C. It will just cost you less than 150 pesos for the glycerin vitamin C recipe.  :D

nixiquita

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2014, 08:44:14 pm »
ay nakakatuwa gayahin yung diy recipe mo sis! Too bad idk where to find the liquid glycerin. [textspeak!] itsura ng bottle nun sis and how much? and yung ratio ng mix mo :) tia

MsPringles

• Junior GirlTalker
    • my baby blog
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2014, 06:02:39 pm »
Meron sa Watsons drugstore saka sa Mercury sis. P109 sya sa Watsons.

Eto itsura ng Apollo Pure Glycerin: https://camillejoven.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/p1010127-640x427.jpg

Sabihin mo sis liquid glycerin na pang skin asthma kasi baka bigyan ka ng suppository lol! Wala kasing liquid glycerin sa ibang branch ng mercury. Nagbakasakali ako sa watsons buti meron kahit puro alikabok!

Nabasa ko rin sa blog na pinanggalingan ng pic na pwede syang substitute sa lotion since for skin asthma sya.  ;)

nixiquita

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2014, 08:38:10 pm »
ay sakto may skin asthma ako, mas magagamit ko :) Thanks alot!

oktoberfest22

• Aggrieved.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2014, 01:40:18 pm »
Natawa naman ako dito.

http://www.tcat.com.ph/team.php?id=1740

Parehong-pareho ng packaging ng Estee Lauder ANR.
KAtakot lang kasi walang name ng manufactrurer, kung saan nanggaling ang product, at ingredients list dun sa ad.

maye2k

• GirlTalker
« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2014, 02:57:27 pm »
Hi mga sis, have you tried the combo of tret and serum? I mean use retin-a first then after about 30mins use facial serum? na try ko kasi and it works..na amazed lang ako.. :D

oktoberfest22

• Aggrieved.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #234 on: July 06, 2014, 10:05:14 pm »
^I used to do that din pero baligtad ang sequence. I apply serum muna, then the retinoic acid. Maganda nga ang effect.

nixiquita

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2014, 01:41:09 pm »
I finally found a liquid glycerin recently! I saw the liquid glycerin + water + vitamin C recipe online.
So I added 2 capsules of vitamin C (Alka C) directly on the bottle this time no vitamin E since I don't really like the stickyness of it. Then I used hyaluronic acid(white hada labo) with a bit of water then added the liquid glycerin (Apollo brand). Shook the crap out of the bottle after but there was just so much vitamin C powder that  it was grainy to use for 3 days. Dapat siguro lusawin ko muna sa water before I add the glycerin. After 3 days of use and shaking it was smoothly mixed. After more than a week there's still no sign of yellowing of oxidizing. Yay!

Sis may nahanap na akong apollo liquid glycerin. Try ko kung makakuha ako ng Alka C sa generics/generika. Tablet ba yun or capsule? Lulusawin ko lang sa water muna then add hyaluronic acid then the glycerin? Can you give me an estimate ng amount of water, glycerin and hyaluronic acid? :) Idk kasi if patak lang ba or 1 tsp yung ilalagay hehe.

One more thing, wala kasi akong hada labo. But meron akong moisturizer/serum na hyaluronic acid which i got from daiso. Yun na lang hahalo ko :)) Keri lang kaya? TIA Sis :D

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2014, 02:05:12 pm »
Who has tried Clarins double serum?  Is it effective?

MsPringles

• Junior GirlTalker
    • my baby blog
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2014, 07:08:53 pm »
Sis may nahanap na akong apollo liquid glycerin. Try ko kung makakuha ako ng Alka C sa generics/generika. Tablet ba yun or capsule? Lulusawin ko lang sa water muna then add hyaluronic acid then the glycerin? Can you give me an estimate ng amount of water, glycerin and hyaluronic acid? :) Idk kasi if patak lang ba or 1 tsp yung ilalagay hehe.

One more thing, wala kasi akong hada labo. But meron akong moisturizer/serum na hyaluronic acid which i got from daiso. Yun na lang hahalo ko :)) Keri lang kaya? TIA Sis :D

Capsule sya sis. Check mo yung powder kung white para sure na fresh pa yung stock nila.

Yup lusawin muna sa water yung powder. Bale equal amounts ng vitamin C, water and Glycerin tapos drops lang ng hyaluronic acid para di masyadong malagkit. Pwede mo rin bawasan ng konti yung water since you'll add hyaluronic acid para di masyadong malabnaw. :)

Yung sakin I use a smaller plastic spoon. Medyo mas maliit sya sa teaspoon. Para maubos ko asap while it's fresh. :D

Kung napadami gawa mo sis you can also use it on elbows and knees. Yung effect sakin is nagpeel kinabukasan yung knees ko nung naligo ako. Softer and medyo naglight after.

And yes I guess water soluble naman most hyaluronic acid products so pwede rin serum or moisturizer. It's also good on it's own kahit walang hyaluronic acid. :)

VainDoll

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2014, 07:46:52 pm »
Meron serum yun Celeteque pala. Don't know if new sa market. May nakatry na?

nixiquita

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2014, 12:10:10 am »
^^Thanks alot! Will update here when ive tried it :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close