Author Topic: All About Facial Serums  (Read 126711 times)

happyscent

• GirlTalker
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2014, 06:15:00 pm »

sassy_gal18

• Super GirlTalker
  • Lil' bit of everything
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2014, 07:32:36 pm »
Waiting for my tomato serum. Sana effective. *fingers crossed*

Is this the serum from skinpotions sis?

budzwhiz

• Super GirlTalker
  • Baking. Arts. Photography. Travel.
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2014, 09:27:33 pm »
^ No sis, from Eden's Paradise. (:
"Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me."

Accept what life has to offer, and enjoy.

cynth_pink00

• Senior GirlTalker
  • another serious look from Noe :)
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2014, 08:11:00 pm »

young_maiden

• Super GirlTalker
  • Love yourself.
« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2014, 04:19:42 pm »
sino nakatry na ng facial serum ng gluta-c? effective ba siya? thanks in advance
The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

DominiqueL

• GirlTalker
  • beautyholic, shopaholic
« Reply #265 on: August 31, 2014, 10:14:24 pm »
Estée Lauder advanced night repair effective
I alternate with sk 2 serum

Then use Olay regenerist

TysLolakins

• one half of Ty's 'PoPs and WoWa' act...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • bite me!!!
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2014, 02:49:40 pm »
MURAD age diffusing serum, I don't use moisturizer over it.  Reduces the appearance of pores for me.
aut viam inveniam aut faciam

mizteaza

• Shopping is my passion
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Knock! Knock!
    • Or so i thought
« Reply #267 on: September 04, 2014, 01:26:07 am »
I still swear by the Estee ANR.

vainballerina

• GirlTalker
« Reply #268 on: September 04, 2014, 02:49:23 am »
Ang mamahal! Walang bang murang serum? Hahaha student palang eh.. makabili man ako, can't afford to maintain! :D

aubb

• caffeinated
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #269 on: September 05, 2014, 12:07:49 am »
I'm using shiseido white lucent, it really does brighten, but you really have to use it with their softener(also of the same line, white lucent). I love the effect when i wake up sa morning.

angelnurse

• Probationary
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2015, 08:01:44 am »
Vitamin C serums should be whitish or atleast champagne colored. If it turns yellow or brownish don't use it!. It means nagoxidize na yung vitamin C and it's no good for the skin na.

I've been experimenting on making DIY Vitamin C serum since last year. I used ultima C before since it's alkaline vitamin C and I also bought generic vitamin E. I mixed two capsules of the vitamin C + vitamin E + hyaluronic acid lotion + celeteque moisturizer and hyaluronic moisturizer. The thing is nagyeyellow na yung vitamin C powder ng ultima C so it was yellowish to start with. Ok naman so, so ang effect sakin and bonus moisturizer yung vitamin E since it's in oil form. I only use this at night kasi ang lagkit nya for day use. It lasted for 2 weeks. oxidized quickly.

Bought another generic alkaline vitamin C called Alka C 500. It's in a black capsule and the contents were white! Perfect condition and di pa nagooxidize yung vitamin C! Then I also bought a generic vitamin E in green capsule Eviriose 400 with 400 IU. Both are very affordable! I also tried taking them orally. They're both good finds! I pour them first in a clear shot glass then mix them with hyaluronic acid again with less moisturizer. All in all lesser finished product kasi I want the vitamin C to be a bit concentrated. I pour the contents in a scented oil essence bottle with a glass dropper and dark bottle. This lasts more than a week. I always keep this in the fridge. It started oxidizing after a week.

I finally found a liquid glycerin recently! I saw the liquid glycerin + water + vitamin C recipe online.
So I added 2 capsules of vitamin C (Alka C) directly on the bottle this time no vitamin E since I don't really like the stickyness of it. Then I used hyaluronic acid(white hada labo) with a bit of water then added the liquid glycerin (Apollo brand). Shook the crap out of the bottle after but there was just so much vitamin C powder that  it was grainy to use for 3 days. Dapat siguro lusawin ko muna sa water before I add the glycerin. After 3 days of use and shaking it was smoothly mixed. After more than a week there's still no sign of yellowing of oxidizing. Yay!

As for the effects... I got the best effects with my latest formula without vitamin E and with some glycerin. My skin is brighter and it renews faster. Hoping to get pinkish skin with this!  ;D

Try nyo rin sissies! Siguradong fresh yung vitamin C serum nyo!  ;)

BTW I tried to slather it on my face but parang nagbloat yung muka ko the next day. Less is more for me. Tamang coverage lang.  ;)

hi sis! thank you so much for this. I'm excited to try this recipe that you've shared. I'll just finish the bottle of the recent serum that I've purchased. I've been looking for an effective anti-aging serum (below P1000) which can address my enlarged pores & fine lines, I've tried 1 & it didn't addressed those concerns of mine. The one I'm currently using has no noticable effect so far I hope the diy recipe you've shared would give me promising results :)

Again thank you so much! :)

bubbles88

« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2015, 02:46:18 pm »
I don't know how to explain this but my skin is oily but I feel that It's also very dehydrated (could be the weather). I am using the same products (skin care and makeup) but it is flaking. I am considering a night serum for this. I hope to get some suggestions.

TIA :)

ireneeey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2015, 10:51:38 pm »
Torn between Shu Uemura and Estee Lauder ANR :( Magkalapit lang price pero cheaper yung Shu. which do you think should I buy? I have combi skin type kasi, acne-prone (especially during my PMS days cause of hormones. grr.) I need something which will brighten my face, minimize, pimple scars (hindi naman malala), and control my oiliness. which do you recommend, sisses? :)

catwoman

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #273 on: March 12, 2015, 08:04:30 am »
I want to try yung The Body Shop's Vitamin C boost serum. Any users here? Ang smooth kasi sa hand nung ni -try ko, what more sa face and i like it moreso because it's Vit C kaya lang feel ko ang mahal for a smalll bottle, parang nasa P1,450?

babyastig

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #274 on: March 21, 2015, 04:28:32 pm »
Burt's Bee Radiance Vs Ageless??? Anyone tried it na??? Thanks.

dClaude

• GirlTalker
  • drowning in words
« Reply #275 on: March 21, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »
Ano po yung mas magandang tomato serum? From Eden's Paradise or Skin Potions?
"You don't pass or fail at being a person, dear.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane

roxyhart

• Junior GirlTalker
    • theroxychronicles
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2015, 11:41:46 am »
So, so excited to use na my Estee Lauder Advanced nNight Repair serum! ;D Ang mahal niya pala! Haha. To think mine was bought pa in Tokyo so a bit cheaper plus less tax. Whew. Sana hiyang ako dito  :D
Live happy! :)
http://happymomster.com/

My ever-after joy :D
SDE - http://vimeo.com/55948641/ Onsite photo AVP - http://vimeo.com/55916710

ireneeey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2015, 10:30:19 pm »
So, so excited to use na my Estee Lauder Advanced nNight Repair serum! ;D Ang mahal niya pala! Haha. To think mine was bought pa in Tokyo so a bit cheaper plus less tax. Whew. Sana hiyang ako dito  :D

Sis update mo kami dito about sa effect sayo. plan ko kasi talaga bumili niyan siguro next month kasi gumagamit ako ng Zaine skin ngayon. Recommended na wag sabayan kasi ng other products. Hoping for your updates :D

lytblu

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #278 on: September 03, 2015, 09:04:40 pm »
kapag oily ang face, hindi ba nakakatakot gumamit ng facial serum? baka kasi magbreakout

dulcette

• a little doll & a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • the little doll
« Reply #279 on: September 03, 2015, 11:44:31 pm »
Vitamin C serum made all the difference! I have sunspots/freckles from sun exposure (mestiza) and it cleared my face. Even my blemishes nagffade kaagad. :) Doesn't matter what brand, so as long as it's 20% vitamin C na derma grade. Best beauty discovery I ever had this year, specially helpful sa mga girls in their 20's.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close