watch now

Author Topic: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4  (Read 135475 times)

xylene

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #420 on: April 21, 2013, 02:46:01 pm »
Hi mga sis and bro, almost 8 months
 since we had our NOA1 til now wala pa
rin yung NOA 2 namin :(

Cardilene

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #421 on: April 21, 2013, 09:36:22 pm »
Hi mga sis and bro, almost 8 months
 since we had our NOA1 til now wala pa
rin yung NOA 2 namin :(

You'll get there, that's for sure,...
And pag nandun ka na sa final stretch, magugulat ka pa at paalis ka na pala,...
and then, malulungkot ka na, everyone feels the same,
anyway, sometimes NOA2 takes almost a year bago dumating,
but keep communicating with NVC para alam nilang active ang account mo,..
keep making follow ups on the status....

Good luck

xylene

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #422 on: April 22, 2013, 10:15:57 am »
Thanks bro!

Nalulungkot lang kasi ako, matatapos na vacation ng hubby ko dito sa pinas pero wala pa rin yung NOA2 namin. Gustong gusto ko na sumama sa kanya...haaay.

pam123

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #423 on: April 22, 2013, 09:35:19 pm »
sis xylene darating na yan just kpt on praying for sure hind na ganyan katagal paghihintay mo malapit na yan:-) Godbless

ato

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2013, 12:26:17 pm »
sissy hi, baka po may makasagot sa akin nito.
si h2b under f2b category.  ganito balak namen. pag bumaba na yug kanyang visa, lipad siya tapus wait greencard, how long po processing nito?
after makuha greencard, uwe dito pinas for the wedding tapus file siya petition for me.  eto po how long will it take?
salamat po.

pretinnes

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2013, 05:04:14 pm »
Kapag approved na visa so pwede na lumipad pa US? Tapos if uuwi ulet ng pinas need ba gamitin ang greencard? Mga ilang days makukuha ang greencard ba? Thank you

Cardilene

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #426 on: April 26, 2013, 04:53:35 am »
Green card often arrives within a month,...

pretinnes

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #427 on: April 26, 2013, 07:27:52 am »
*thanks. But i've  read that if ever the plastic green card hasn't arrived yet, pwede gamitin ang passport wih stamp to go home? Thanks!

Cardilene

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #428 on: April 26, 2013, 11:46:51 pm »
*thanks. But i've  read that if ever the plastic green card hasn't arrived yet, pwede gamitin ang passport wih stamp to go home? Thanks!

yes, but i'd wait for the hard card to avoid any other questions just in case,..

xthine

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #429 on: April 26, 2013, 11:56:24 pm »
Kapag approved na visa so pwede na lumipad pa US? Tapos if uuwi ulet ng pinas need ba gamitin ang greencard? Mga ilang days makukuha ang greencard ba? Thank you

I guess it depends on the local office.  Our cards were mailed to us in less than 2 weeks if I recall correctly.

Cardilene

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2013, 04:08:07 am »
We just got back from the USPS,...
My wife became a USC last Oct. 24, 2012
And our daughter turned last 18 Nov. 7, 2012,...

After asking around and doing research, our daughter automatically became a USC, together with our youngest son who is 16, we do not need to get any other certification from the USCIS, all we had to do was present the teens' green card, state card, original birth certificate, our marriage certificate, as well as my wife's Certificate of Naturalization, and of course the passport application form and fee...

No fuss whatsoever, the clerk at the USPS was very very nice, am just happy everything got in just the nick of time for our daughter, a short 2 weeks from the age cut off,..!

Thank you Lord,..!

pretinnes

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2013, 11:08:47 am »
hi sisters,

i just want to give back to this thread as the tips here were very helpful during my medical for my visa processing. so below is the summary of the steps i had to go through for the 2-day medical exam. hope to help!

First day at St. Lukes Extension Clinic 

1. Verification of the US Embassy Appointment Letter by the guard at the GROUND FLOOR

I arrived at around 4:35am and medyo madami na tao sa pila para sa US Immigration visa. There were 2 other lines: 1 for Canada and New Zealand and 1 for those who had to undergo sputum test. Even if mahaba na ang pila, I was given the priority number 3. Baka mga companions lang iyong ibang nakapila. 
 
At around 5:30am, the guards opened the door and let us in. He checked my original passport and a photocopy of which & 2 copies of Patient Data Sheet (PDS) forms.

He then gave me my priority number and stamped the back of my hand and let me in.

TIP: *accomplish the Patient Data Sheet online so as to lessen the processing time. Ang ibang kasabay ko did not do this so they filled up the forms pa after being stamped habang kami ay nakaupo nalang and nag antay na tawagin.
       *photocopy your passport na nakatayo ang setting. sa akin kasi is may nakahiga and may nakatayo. sinabihan ako na iyong nakatayo daw dapat, buti may 2 copies ako na nakatayo.
        * bring a jacket kasi malamig sa clinic


2. Submission of my accomplished PDS form at the Reception Area GROUND FLOOR. This is where you will have your digital picture taken and encoding of data as well.
 
TIPS: *There's a separate booth for the Senior Citizens and numbers are called per batch. First batch called was our batch, numbers 1-10. Make sure na umupo lang sa waiting area pagkapasok niyo. Ang iba kasing ka batch ko tumambay pa sa labas and di nila narinig na tinawag na ang 1-10.

*The person in-charge will ask you for 1 2x2 photograph & they attach it to the PDS form. You will also be asked if it's your first time at SLEC.

3. Payment at the Cashier (5th Floor) in PHP and depends on the conversion rate for that day. More or less nasa 9800.
 
*Priority numbers are not used here since you already submitted that on step #2. So depende lang if nauna ka umakyat kaysa mga kasabayan mo.
*The lady guard will then get your Official Receipt and put in the table in the Vital Signs section. You will then be asked to sit down and wait for name to be called.


4. Vital Signs (5th Floor- US area)
a.  My name was called by the nurse sa may reception area and he took my Blood Pressure. He then instructed me to proceed to the open room to the right for height and weight and Eyes check up. Medyo swerte ako kasi hindi masyado madami ang tao since 1st batch ako.

b.  Eyes : you will be asked to read the letters from the Snellen Chart but instead of you facing the chart, nasa likod ang chart and may mirror lang in front for you to see it. So baligtad ang pagbasa kaya medyo nahirapan ako pero okay naman ang result.

I was then told to proceed to the table outside the room where the height and weight were taken. The receptionist gave me a number and told me to sit down outside the doctor's room. By priority number din eto so pasuonod lang ang upo namin.

TIPS: after paying at the cashier, sit down in front of the receptionist's table kasi wala siyang microphone. Buti nalang napansin ko na nagtatawag na siya ng mga pangalan. Twice pa niya ako tinawag kasi nasa may likod ako nakaupo and di ko narinig name ko.


5.Physical Exam (5th Floor)
The doctor asked me a lot of stuff concerning my health. Some questions asked of me:

- date of the first day of my last menstruation
- if I had any major operation
- history of stroke, high blood
-history of diabetes, asthma
- history of suicidal attempt
- given birth or abortions
-Liver or kidney problem
-Mental disorder
- any STD
- Drug abuse/addiction
-any hospitalizions before 
-Complete set of teeth

Afterwhich the doctor asked me to disrobe completely and put on the lab gown. I was asked to lie down on the bed. She checked my face, neck, breast, stomach. She also asked me open up my legs and inspected my sexual organ and anus but she did not touch or anything.  She the told me to get dressed  and sit again in-front of her desk. She then asked me some more questions.


TIPS: *answer the questions truthfully and confidently because you will be asked the same questions  after this round.

5. URINE and CBC (4th Floor)
Proceed to the Reception area and submit your passport & PDS forms and wait for your name to be called. I was called first for CBC and had the blood extraction. Afterwhich I waited again for my name to be called for the urinalysis. The lady here wil give you a plastic container. Konte lang naman kailangan na ihi so okay lang.
 
6. X-RAY (3rd Floor)
 
Proceed to the reception area. You will be given a form and put your first day of last menstruation and signature. There are 2 copies of the form. Your will then be asked to sit down and wait for your name to be called. Medyo matagal dito kasi sabay sabay na pati ang sa Canada and New Zealand.

When your name is called, you will be asked(again) when your first day of menstruation was, if you could provide your last X-Ray film, date of last Chest X-ray.You will be prompted to a room with the other girls and asked to remove your blouse & bra, and put the lab gown on. Be sure to ponytail your hair and bring lots of pantali para di mahirapan. Huwag din itali ang likod ng lab gown.
 
TIPS: Take care of your belongings kasi medyo marami tao dito. May isang nakaiwan ng phone sa may lab gown area. Also, it's better talaga to wear slippers or sandals na madali hubarin. Sa damit din, mas okay if madali hubarin.


7. Immunization Interview (2nd Floor)
Medyo matagal din mag antay dito kasi sabay sabay na din from other countries. When my name was called, I was told to sit down in one of the chairs. Naririnig ko questions sa other patients and may iba na medyo alanganin sa sagot. Be sure to answer confidently and truthfully.

The doctor asked me if I already had any immunizations done. I told her the vaccinations I received and showed her my vaccination record. She asked if I already had chicken pox before and I said yes. She asked me to point to any scars from that chicken pox but I can't identify any eh. So she told me that she can't be sure of my immunization status cause I told her I already had booster for MMR but it was not written in my record. She gave me back my receipt and told me to bring 2 copies of my immunization record when I go back for the 2nd day of the exam.

8. Check-out Counter(3rd FLOOR)
I was given a form- the date and exact time of the 2nd day of my exam were indicated here. They also gave me back my passport.  I was done for the 1st day at around 9:30AM.

I ate at the carinderia in front because I haven't eaten any decent meal pa. I just had bread and water earlier that day. Bawal pala magdala ng any food sa loob ng clinic.

2nd day at St. Lukes Extension Clinic

I was scheduled for 9:30 AM and I arrived at SLEC around 9:00am. Pinapasok naman ako kahit maaga pa ako for my sched and was told to proceed to 2nd Floor.

1. Immunization Area (2nd Floor)

After 45 minutes of waiting, my name was called to proceed to Immunization Interview Room (Doctor's Area). I submitted my official receipt and 2 copies of immunization record. I was then told to wait at the waiting area and wait again for my name to be called. I waited for 1 hour and 30 minutes for my name to be called again.

2. IMMUNIZATION ROOM(2ND FLOOR)

I was asked by the nurse egarding my vaccinations. He asked if I already had chicken pox, I said yes but I can't identify any mark. So they gave me Varicella vaccine.

TIP: Don't be afraid if you lack immunization records. I think mas okay nga na bibigyan ka ng vaccines for booster eh kasi kasali na din sa binayaran natin na 9000+ ang vaccines. So good for you if nabigyan ka ng shots dahil in the first place binayaran mo iyon.

I was then told to proceed to Ground Floor.

3. RELEASING AREA (GROUND FLOOR)
I waited here for 40 minutes before my name was called. I was called at Counter A. The guy asked me for 2pcs 2x2 pictures (identical, with my name written at the back of the photograph) and I was asked to sign a document. He then told me to sit down and wait for my name to be called again.

TIP: *Tama ang ibang sisters dito:  receptionists here uses landline phone units as their microphones so be attentive.
*Medyo matagal ang next na pagtawag so better eat your lunch first para di kayo magutuman. Nag antay ako ng 1 hour pero di pa din ako tinatawag so nag decide na ako kumain kasi gutom na talaga ako. By the time I came back natawag na pala name ko. Buti nalang the nurse at the counter was very nice. I told her my name and inuna niya ako kasi nga natawag na niya name ko earlier.

4. Counter E (GROUND FLOOR)
I was asked the following:
-name
-birth date
-age
-birth place
-first day of last Menstruation

The nurse asked me questions about my health. Medyo madami pa din siya questions since I had a hospitalization record before. She then gave me my X-Ray film, and informed me that they will be the one who will forward my passport and medical result at the embassy. She asked me when my interview date is. She also handed me my personal copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet.

These were the things given to me: X-Ray film, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, and Official Receipt.

I was done at around 2:10PM.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:32:02 pm by pretinnes »

jhez

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #432 on: May 09, 2013, 08:48:45 pm »
sissy hi, baka po may makasagot sa akin nito.
si h2b under f2b category.  ganito balak namen. pag bumaba na yug kanyang visa, lipad siya tapus wait greencard, how long po processing nito?
after makuha greencard, uwe dito pinas for the wedding tapus file siya petition for me.  eto po how long will it take?
salamat po.

Parehas tayo ng situation. After a year bumalik si hubby for the wedding. Now pabalik na ulit sya sa US then sabi nya start na nya yun application to get us....

tulips28

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #433 on: May 13, 2013, 12:22:00 pm »
hello sisses.. I have po some questions, well, actually marami po pala, pagpasensyahan niyo na po..

my husband is under EB2 visa, he just flew sa US last May1 (some background po, he is a PT, he is still currently reviewing for his state boards, so he is still not working yet, yung immigrant visa niya po was filed by his employer, so sila po yung petitioner niya)

before he flew to US, he made sure na Married na ang status na nakalagay sa Visa niya (since, we have just been married last March civilly para nga po makaabot sa pag-alis niya, kasi naAdvice-an na po siya na pag nakaalis na raw po siya at hindi married ang status niya mas mahihirapan po siyang "kunin" ako, which we don't know nga po if this will really help us) at kasama na po ang name ko sa case niya..

ang mga tanong ko po:
(1) Paano po ba ang magiging proseso ng case ko? Baka po may nakaExperience na po ng kagaya ng situation/case ko?

(2) pag gusto ko po siya bisitahin sa US this year po sana, shall I directly apply under his dependency (immigrant visa status)? Or tourist visa po ang iApply ko?

(3) If under his dependency po, and I am currently working overseas, ang case niya po was filed in Manila, pwede po bang sa current country I am working now ako magPaInterview? or dapat po, sa Manila rin? My concern po kasi is yung medical examination, kasi diba po parang 7 days prior to your interview ang recommended nila?

(4) If let's say, Manila po talaga kelangan magpaInterview, pwede po kayang dito na po ako sa SG magpaMedical since may clinic rin naman po na accredited dito? Baka kasi mag-dalawang uwi pa ako if dyan din po ang medical, mas mapapamahal po ako :( eto po ang iniiwasan ko sana, ang additional expense for my flights :(

(5) Pag under his dependency po ba ang visa ko, ok lang po ba na ala po yung main applicant (husband) during my interview? What are the documents I have to prepare na kelangan ko po kunin sa husband ko?

By the way, uuwi rin naman po ako next week, at kasama po talaga sa itinerary ko ang US Embassy dyan sa atin, kaso, gusto ko po muna may initial inputs from experienced sisses here, lalo na po yung mga who have undergone same path as mine. Baka rin po may maidagdag pa akong mga questions/inquiries sa mga consuls dun from your inputs para isahang lakaran na po.

TIA sisses :)

Cardilene

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #434 on: May 14, 2013, 05:47:32 am »
This just arrived from the mail today,... Ohh sweet,..!

(http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/ABCmotorparts/photo1-3_zps73dae5ed.jpg)

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #435 on: May 14, 2013, 09:48:54 am »
^whoah! So nice bro! Congrats, next yung sayo naman! 2 years pa or so before Ako magkaganyan :)

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #436 on: May 14, 2013, 12:15:39 pm »
Congrats Cardilene!!

Cardilene

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #437 on: May 16, 2013, 02:50:50 am »
Thank you,...
Nagkaka-kantyawan na nga dito, maiwan na daw ako at mamamasyal daw silang mag-iina sa Europe muna, wala naman kako kayo pamasahe,.. LOL

jhez

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #438 on: May 17, 2013, 10:16:02 am »
^F2A ka bro di ba? US passport yan? Bilis ah...

bachoy0819

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #439 on: May 17, 2013, 12:10:33 pm »
Hi mga sis! Hope someone could help me with our situation...

Nareceived ni bf yung letter from NVC back on 2009 about the approval of their petition, nung time na nagfile ng petition ang mama niya she's a legal permanent resident palang back on 2003 so under F2B sila then nung nareceived niya yung letter nung 2009 nalakagay na na visa category is F1 petiton na, by the way bf is already 32 years old now. And her mom send a letter to NVC when she became a US citizen requesting for her sons petition to remain under F2b, so ngayon po hindi namen alam kung ano ba talagang PD susundin namen since their PD is 29JAN03 and sa F2B po currect PD is NOV02 then sa F1 is 01JAN00. I will appreciate all info or suggestions!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close