watch now

Author Topic: YEAST INFECTION  (Read 49120 times)

mishyewarians

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 11:14:22 am »
Its common in women.. Consult an ob..usually they prescribe a vag sup.. :)

books_mags

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 01:08:58 am »
any doctors here?
I want to know lang how to determine if bago lang ba or malala na yung infection?

i was prescribe gyno-pevaryl and was told to insert every 12 hours.  I didnt have any pain or discomfort, more of discharge lang talaga kaya nagpa doctor ako.

i did some research on the med and online, ang dosage is always 1 tablet a day.  now i am wondering if i should follow and take 2 tablets a day, or follow the normal dosage of 1 per day.

anyone with medical background here?

Lea gamilde

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 01:55:03 pm »
 ::)mahal po ba mag pacheck up sa OB?

17arci

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 01:58:08 pm »
^ Hindi naman. Usually pag checkup naman hindi aabot ng 1k.

Lea gamilde

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 04:09:48 pm »
Pap smear po ba agad gagawin ng doctor?di po ba nakakatakot,kasi po takeout ako sa doctor eh,,hehe

klengmorales

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 05:37:46 pm »
Ano bang ginagawa sa pap smear? and usually how much yun?

staraerish

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 02:14:10 am »
Its common in women.. Consult an ob..usually they prescribe a vag sup.. :)

Yes. Consult your ob  :)

Lea gamilde

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 02:56:14 pm »
^hello po mga sis!
pwede din po ba inumin yung yakult,para sa my YI?
  hehe,., ;D

IMMAROCKSTAR12

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 01:03:49 pm »
Pa-reply dito sa topic na to pra ma update kasi hindi pa ako makapag post ng topic eh.

right now this is my concern too. I was diagnosed with mild cervicovaginitis and i was prescribed to take meds orally by my 2nd ob.. dun kasi sa 1st ob ko suppository ang gustong medication sken, canesten to be exact kaso d effective.

pang 3rd day ko na ng meds ko and sana mwala na siya. medyo worried na din ako kasi matagal na.

pap smear lang un test na nagawa skin last march pa and april na ngayon. tsk!

i wonder lang kung bukod sa pap smear may iba pa bang test na need na gawin? i was expecting kasi na yung 2nd ob ko ipapa TV or ultrasound, kaso prescription lang ng meds un gnawa.

GeRi Sp!cE

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 03:59:07 pm »
I went to my OB kanina kasi I had a feeling na bumalik ang bacterial vaginosis ko. Well too bad this time it came with a yeast infection. :((
If I had come earlier YI lang daw sana. After 2 months pa kasi before ako nakapunta.  And pag lumala daw YI can enter the uterus and cause bleeding which might affect the chances of childbearing. I felt relieved after going to the ob. 

What is a vaginal yeast infection?

A vaginal yeast infection means that too many yeast cells are growing in the vagina. It is very common. Although they can bother you a lot, they are not usually serious. And treatment is simple.

Eto summary ng ginastos ko:

Consultation fee: 500
Meds:
NEO-PENOTRAN vaginal suppository - 113.50  x 7 = P794.50
 Insert 1 at bedtime for 1 week
CANDIBEC cream 5g - 213
For itching, apply 2-3x a day
Total = 1,507.50

Doctor's advice: 

Wash first before contact(this applies to both parties) 
Dry vagina thoroughly before wearing undies
Wear cotton panties
Change panties 2x a day 

**NO SEXUAL CONTACT FOR ONE WEEK**

Mag-pa-pap smear sana ako but she said useless lang kung may infection. 

YI and BV are not STD or STI. So DON'T BE AFRAID TO GO TO A DOCTOR. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:48:44 am by GeRi Sp!cE »

GeRi Sp!cE

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 06:55:32 am »
SHARING!

What is a vaginal yeast infection?

Yeast is a fungus that normally lives in the vagina in small numbers. A vaginal yeast infection means that too many yeast cells are growing in the vagina. These infections are very common. Although they can bother you a lot, they are not usually serious. And treatment is simple.

What causes a vaginal yeast infection?

Most yeast infections are caused by a type of yeast called Candida albicans.

A healthy vagina has many bacteria and a small number of yeast cells. The most common bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus, help keep other organisms-like the yeast-under control.

When something happens to change the balance of these organisms, yeast can grow too much and cause symptoms. Taking antibiotics sometimes causes this imbalance. The high estrogen levels caused by pregnancy or hormone replacement therapy can also cause it. So can certain health problems, like diabetes or HIV infection.

What are the symptoms?

A yeast infection causes itching or soreness in the vagina and sometimes causes pain or burning when you urinate or have sex. Some women also have a thick, clumpy, white discharge that has no odor and looks a little like cottage cheese.

These symptoms are more likely to occur during the week before your menstrual period.

How is a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed?

Its easy to guess wrong about a vaginal infection. See your doctor if you aren't sure what you have or if this is the first time you have had these symptoms. Also see your doctor if you are pregnant. Your doctor may want to do a vaginal exam.

How is it treated?

If you have had a yeast infection before and can recognize the symptoms, and you aren't pregnant, you can treat yourself at home with medicines you can buy without a prescription. You can use an antifungal cream, or a suppository that you put into your vagina, or antifungal tablets that you swallow.

If your symptoms are mild, you may want to wait to see if they clear up on their own.

Yeast infections are common during pregnancy. If you are pregnant, don't use medicine for a yeast infection without talking to your doctor first.

If you use a cream or suppository to treat the infection, don't depend on a condom or diaphragm for birth control. The oil in some medicines weakens latex, the material often used to make these devices.

Many women have infections that come back. If you have more than four yeast infections in a year, see your doctor. He or she may do some tests to see if your yeast infections are being caused by another health problem, such as diabetes.

Can vaginal yeast infections be prevented?

If you practice good genital hygiene, you can help prevent infection.

Keep your vaginal area clean. Use mild, unscented soap and water. Rinse well.
After using the toilet, wipe from front to back to avoid spreading yeast or bacteria from your anus to the vagina or urinary tract.
Wear underwear that helps keep your genital area dry and doesnt hold in warmth and moisture. One good choice is cotton underwear.
Avoid tight-fitting clothing, such as panty hose, and tight-fitting jeans. These may increase body heat and moisture in your genital area.
Change out of a wet swimsuit right away. Wearing a wet swimsuit for many hours may keep your genital area warm and moist.
Change pads or tampons often.
Dont douche or use deodorant tampons or feminine sprays, powders, or perfumes. These items can change the normal balance of organisms in your vagina.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:03:07 am by GeRi Sp!cE »

kasheica

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 04:18:20 am »
I just wish that some sissies here can share insights or had a similar situation with me.

When I was 2 months pregnant, I experienced watery discharge everyday. So, I would always check my undies whenever I had the sudden discharge down there cause I'm afraid that it might be spotting or bleeding. Thanks be to God, it was all watery discharge, no foul smell nor any changes in color.

But what bothers me one day, there was a bit (little bit) of itchiness. Since am diabetic, I had these recurrent UTI for the past 1 year before my pregnancy. So the thought of it makes me more alert and paranoid. I've consulted my OB, told her the only symptom was mild itchiness  ( felt it 3x only on that day).  She did a pap smear and prescribed GYNO-DAKTARIN vaginal suppository for 3 nights which I need to start on that very night I had my consultation. I asked twice if have to start right away, no need to wait for the lab test result since the result would be released after 3days.

I was really hesitant to start it that night but on the other hand I was also afraid what if I have vaginal infection then delaying the treatment would cause more problem?? and also the thought that it was a medical advise from a specialist..so there you go...I followed OB's advise.

BUT, when I got the result it was negative of candida/gonorrhea/infection. NORMAL VAGINAL FLORA
So, I should be happy right? BUT again, what worries me is...naggamot pero wala naman pala sakit?..I really regret that I didn't follow my instinct then at nainis ako sa OB kaya lumipat ako ng ibang OB...Tama ba na isipin ko na wala naman side effect, is the suppository considered as cure and a preventive med also kaya sinabi ng Ob na pwede na gamitin kahit hindi pa confirm result?

Please enlighten me.. Thanks in advance

nicole_shinji

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 12:48:29 pm »
naalala ko nagkaron din ako ng yeast infection pero hindi ako pregnant nun. un sa akin itchy talaga, nag bigay ng reseta ang ob ko ng vagibal suppository for3 days. mahal ang gamot ha. overnight pa lang nawala na [textspeak!] kati nya. tsaka sabi ng ob ko, panglinis na din daw un ng vagina. totoo naman kasi wala na kong napansin kakaiba.

rachi_01

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 11:06:47 pm »
I just wish that some sissies here can share insights or had a similar situation with me.

When I was 2 months pregnant, I experienced watery discharge everyday. So, I would always check my undies whenever I had the sudden discharge down there cause I'm afraid that it might be spotting or bleeding. Thanks be to God, it was all watery discharge, no foul smell nor any changes in color.

But what bothers me one day, there was a bit (little bit) of itchiness. Since am diabetic, I had these recurrent UTI for the past 1 year before my pregnancy. So the thought of it makes me more alert and paranoid. I've consulted my OB, told her the only symptom was mild itchiness  ( felt it 3x only on that day).  She did a pap smear and prescribed GYNO-DAKTARIN vaginal suppository for 3 nights which I need to start on that very night I had my consultation. I asked twice if have to start right away, no need to wait for the lab test result since the result would be released after 3days.

I was really hesitant to start it that night but on the other hand I was also afraid what if I have vaginal infection then delaying the treatment would cause more problem?? and also the thought that it was a medical advise from a specialist..so there you go...I followed OB's advise.

BUT, when I got the result it was negative of candida/gonorrhea/infection. NORMAL VAGINAL FLORA
So, I should be happy right? BUT again, what worries me is...naggamot pero wala naman pala sakit?..I really regret that I didn't follow my instinct then at nainis ako sa OB kaya lumipat ako ng ibang OB...Tama ba na isipin ko na wala naman side effect, is the suppository considered as cure and a preventive med also kaya sinabi ng Ob na pwede na gamitin kahit hindi pa confirm result?

Please enlighten me.. Thanks in advance

hello sis, i also got worried when i had this before when i got pregnant. imagine, i reached to the point of getting paranoid thinking i had AIDS because of it. Then, i consulted my OB regarding the itchiness, burning feeling everytime i urinate and it looks like cottage cheese... she said its normal for pregnant women to acquire this infection... after consultation, i worry less and prayed it won't affect my baby. i just use the prescribed suppository and after a week it gets better. :)

hushkirby

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 12:14:33 pm »
ugh, i'm about to go to an ob for this. the last time i had this was when i was on the pill. kung may symptoms kayo which are itchiness, soreness and white clumpy discharge - go to an ob right away

yellowminion

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 10:08:30 am »
Hi sisses. I have a question. I'm not sure if what I have is YI or just vaginal itching kasi as far as my research goes, one of the symptoms of yeast infection is pain in urinating pero I never experienced that naman.  I just have yung itchiness, irritation and inflamed & red vulvar area. I never had sexual intercourse. So I wanted to go to an OB to make sure. My only concern is that pag check up na ba, and they will insert medical equipment thingy/gloved hands in my V, would that er.."devirginize" you ganyan? Can I refuse ba pag ganon or not since essential yun to properly diagnose me? I really wanted to consult an OB I'm just sort of scared.  :-\

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 06:24:40 pm »
yellowminion

The pain with urination doesn't necessarily have to be present when you have thrush.  Itchiness, irritation and swelling in the vulvar area are indications na.

The metal thing is called "speculum". They use that to stretch the skin to insert whatever they need to get samples from inside your vaginal area.  If you are a virgin, you can have it inserted elsewhere na mas uncomfortable pa nga ata.

nixiquita

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 05:21:12 pm »
parang feeling ko nagkakaganito ako minsan. I just use betadine wash and then nagssitzbath ako. Yun ba tawag dun? basta sitting on warm water with vinegar. tas i always wash with betadine. After ilang days nagddecrease naman itchiness and discharge. But the discharge is white naman na mejo fluid'y lang. Parang pag naaarouse lang, but continous discharge. But itchy nga and red, sa surroundings parang flaky dry pa.

Saint_Sinner

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 12:02:52 pm »
^ better if magpaconsult ka sa OB sis. Ako I thought my yeast infection ako, sakto naman na plan kong magpa-papsmear. Tapos when I got the result, normal naman. Yung usual/normal vanigal discharge lang pala meron ako.


i am a bit worried if i have this. could YI be caused by having contact? i mean i am in LDR so nung umuwi so BF, we did it (ofcourse) and parang nabigla, well we did it several times (maybe to make up for the moments na di kame magkasama :D  )anyway, parang nabigla ako, then nung umalis na sya, i felt na it is sore then i had thin secretions na yellowish, i use gynepro to somehow help it hoping na it will heal by itself, it has only been 4 days since he left, it almost feels normal na except when i inserted my finger kanina nung naligo ako para pumasok yung gynepro... it felt a little bit sore again, like parang nakabukas yung cervix ko..painful din pag ihi, which i know is not normal, so worried ako. my urine is not clear din (dunno if i can say na cloudy sya), i am paranoid na baka i have YI or UTI.should i be worried? mag pa-OB na ba ako?


yung sore sya, normal lang yon especially if madalang lang kayo mag-do ni BF. Ako din I experience the same pero after ilang days nawawala naman yung soreness and hapdi pag nagwiwiwi.

As for the cloudy urine or discharge, pa check mo na sa OB mo sis.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:05:30 pm by Saint_Sinner »

i_am_zayda

  • Guest
Re: YEAST INFECTION
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2014, 04:38:34 pm »
^hello po mga sis!
pwede din po ba inumin yung yakult,para sa my YI?
  hehe,., ;D

Hi sis, I drink yakult and eat yogurt. I read somewhere that they help prevent YI...

I got YI last January and my OB prescribed suppository for 1 week...

Kaya it triggered me to drink yakult na din...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close