Author Topic: So...tell me a good news about the Philippines now?  (Read 23320 times)

~yufa~

• Junior GirlTalker
So...tell me a good news about the Philippines now?
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:46:42 pm »
Yea I know there's too much negative about the Philippines here and there but I know there's tons of good news too...care to share one? I just read lately that the "World's Largest Indoor Arena"  is being built in Bulacan now...I think its 5x the size of Araneta. It's set to open on July 2014 just in time for Iglesia ni Kristo's centennial year celebration. They funded it by the way. Cool right?  ;) Your turn to share some good news...

pressany

• GirlTalker
Re: So...tell me a good news about the Philippines now?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:06:58 pm »
1. The Philippine BPO/KPO industry is sizzling with a promise of taking over India as the BPO capital in the world.  This development creates a high earning and technology savvy class.  This move could strengthen and widen the middle class in our country.

2.  The government is allocating fund for OFW reintegration plan.  This will allow OFWs who retire to have alternative and a hopefully teach them how to properly invest their money.

3. http://goodnewspilipinas.com/

There's my share for now.

Let's keep the positive spirit.  Walang ibang magpropromote sa Pilipinas kundi Filipino rin.  Let's all do our share.  If you do not believe there's anything good about our own country, then shut up and do not do our country a disservice.   

blooming

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:41:49 pm »
umabot ng 54-56 ang dollar dati. ngayon, 43 nalang.

strawberry

• Platinum GirlTalker
  • ang pikon, talo :P
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 09:59:17 pm »
natutuwa ako whenever i hear about honest taxi drivers or ordinary personnel na nag sasauli ng pera, wallet, laptop, cellphone or even passports and important documents. yan ang mga dapat tularan, yung mga nag siskap mag hanap buhay. na kahit kapos sa buhay, hindi nila naisip angkinin ang mga gamit ng ibang tao
~ The Royal Wedding of the Year. Dec.30, 2014 ~

sofala

• I'm simply a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Dainty
    • SALE 97% off! perfect gift for Mothers' day!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:36:01 pm »

There are plans of : Rehabilitation and Renovation of the World’s Worst Airport... NAIA.

http://www.mrsruste.com/2011/10/naia-i-rehabilitation-and-renovation-of.html

The designers went on ahead to design a proposal without compensation para lang umarangkada na ang govt. dun sa issue na yun.
♔  Affiliate link: https://us154.isrefer.com/go/herbmain/a8616/  ♔

SALE 96% off the entire bundle!

♥ Dr. Seuss: Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ♥

tinseltown

• Probationary
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 08:47:39 am »
Real estate development in our country is growing which shows investors confidence in the Philippine economy.  :)

blooming

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 06:06:30 pm »
^ sis papano nag grow ang real estate? is it through OFWs?  Kasi recently just read that Philippines is the worst place for property investment.

Marvey

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I am a work of art in progress
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 07:57:33 pm »
^ a couple of years ago, the office property sector grew due to demand for more office space to house the growing call center operations. Since land area in Makati and Ortigas are expensive, property developers built on areas such as Cubao, Commonwealth area, Eastwood, Fort Bonifacio, and other areas near the CBD.  As a consequence, there is now demand for residential units (studio to two bedroom units) near those areas. Let us not forget retail development - malls, malls, malls to cater to the needs of the nearby offices/residences.  All these lead to construction and real estate growth.  Let us just hope developers will not overbuild.
I don't know where I am going and I don't care where I've been.  Its for me to find out.  I'll never know until I try.

blooming

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 06:02:21 pm »
^ that's good news indeed. thanks for explaining. :)

~yufa~

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 01:15:54 pm »
^^ yea I noticed that too. Everytime I go to my office, I noticed that tall buildings are being built every five minutes of my travel. Not sure if these are condos or offices though. But I was really wondering if there's really that much people nowadays who prefer to live in condominiums... Its expensive and small. Or maybe ako na lang ang mahirap who can't see the good thing in investing in condominiums? haha

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 06:11:30 pm »
real estate nagdedevelop nga, but keep in mind the QUALITY. Yun mga quality ngayon, hindi kasing ganda ng quality noon.

Back to the topic, good news about Philippines: Nagiging strict sa Customs. This is bad news for importers (because it's harder for them to cheat), but it's good news kasi in a way, it's a start for "tuwid na daan". Dati, misdeclaration of import goods and undervalue of import goods are okay. Walang paki-alam. Lagay lagay lang.

Ngayon, ang misdeclaration if import goods (For example, you're importing TVs, but you wrote you're importing ginger) ay no-no. Kahat na mag-lagay ka, walang gusto maghelp sayo. However, yun undervalue of import goods (for example, you're importing 50 tvs, but you just wrote you're importing 10 tvs) kaya pa ilusot.

hopefully, when the country changes president, hindi tayo balik sa dati. sana meron improvement.
"Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."  - Inspiring Women

Bubblin'

• Your sweet panda and resident
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I'm soo CoCo....
    • >>>Belldandy Chronicles<<<
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 09:32:16 pm »
There are plans of : Rehabilitation and Renovation of the World’s Worst Airport... NAIA.

http://www.mrsruste.com/2011/10/naia-i-rehabilitation-and-renovation-of.html

The designers went on ahead to design a proposal without compensation para lang umarangkada na ang govt. dun sa issue na yun.
I think that rehabilitation and renovation will be much more pleasing if they just renovate/rehabilitate not just the airport facilities,but also the corrupt officials inside NAIA.lantaran na ang panghihingi ng pasalubong at lagay, wala nang hiya-hiya.patalsikin na ang mga kurakot na kapag nakakakita ng OFW o turista eh may mga dollar signs na ang mga mata
I just realized I am not meant to be somebody's "someone" nor anyone's "The One";I am "The Only One" and I am meant for no one but "me,myself,and I".

I am the Black Swan.

mariasans

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 05:35:39 pm »
the puerto princesa underground river made it to the new 7 wonders list  :) that will give them a tourist boom for sure and it will show tourist that our country holds so much beauty

kirstenchelsea

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 05:03:06 pm »
^ there are news circulating that this new 7 wonders list is actually a hoax

don't know who to believe anymore
EDD 5th June 2016

Superjoie

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 05:23:19 pm »
I heard that there's already a medicine for cancer and it was called lunasin? Filipino daw ang inventor. :)
I have a new domain name! :) www.abubblylife.net

starcare

• Probationary
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 04:10:45 pm »
rally? that a good newa

gwacie

• also known as Grace the Great
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • daydream believer
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 12:52:24 am »
A 20-year-old nursing student from the Philippines won the top prize in the youth category of the Goi Peace Foundation and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization sponsored International Essay Contest for Young People, the Department of Foreign Affairs said on Wednesday.
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/344841/filipino-wins
I'll seek a four-leaved shamrock in all thy fairy dells,
And if I find the charmed leaves, oh, how I'll weave my spells!

baracom

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 11:21:16 am »
good news??? hmmmm... I dont think there a good news today :D

cristyles

• Miss Go-Getter
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • ♔ Committed to staying FIT & GORGEOUS ♔
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 04:05:12 pm »
Plastic bags are banned in bulacan, i hope Quezon City would be the next one to practice no plastic bag  :) .
Fitness is like marriage…you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work!!!❞ -Cassey Ho, Blogilates

runaway_bridesmaid

• Junior GirlTalker
  • ces't la vie
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 05:25:08 pm »
jessica sanchez?
Signature edited.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close