Author Topic: So...tell me a good news about the Philippines now?  (Read 23380 times)

tsina

• mischief by misschief
  • GirlTalker
    • tsina sq
Re: So...tell me a good news about the Philippines now?
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2013, 02:24:21 pm »
I heard na worldwide, Mcdo is always number 1 sa fastfoods, with the exception of the Philippines dahil sa Jollibee. hehe.

Medyo OT to. Pero personally, I would intentionally choose local brands first than imported, except na lang kung wala talagang local brands available.
Like what S.Koreans are doing, we should learn how to patronize our own. When we do so, we create locals jobs, we support the movement of money domestically, we support the growth of our GDP.
Whenever I get the chance, I share this to people. Look up at the bar code.. those starting with 480 are made in the Philippines.

IMO, S. Korea is where they are now, because they are united, patriotic and nationalistic. Even Koreans staying in the Philippines, look for Korean brands to buy. Imagine that.

purpleme

• GirlTalker
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2013, 11:19:08 pm »
"Hindi ko alam kung ako ba'y lulundag, kung ako ba'y tatakbo... Talagang matamis ang pakiramdam. Ako'y mangingisda lang. Siya tindera ng isda. Pero anak namin abogado."

ay ang sarap ng balitang ito!  :)

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nation/07/26/13/fisherman-wife-send-son-law-school

chichi143

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2013, 11:40:50 am »
filipinos uniting today in Luneta is a good news for me. :-)

huggykaye

• chubbychiqt
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »
^ tama, nagdasal din akong wag sana umulan para hindi mabasa yung mga kababayan nating nakapunta sa Luneta. Buti medyo ambon lang. :(

I'm hoping PNoy would listen and not just hear what his "BOSS" is pleading.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:24:12 pm by huggykaye »
" hold me.. hug me.. kiss me.. love me.. never let me go.. "

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2013, 06:19:58 am »
I heard na worldwide, Mcdo is always number 1 sa fastfoods, with the exception of the Philippines dahil sa Jollibee. hehe.

Medyo OT to. Pero personally, I would intentionally choose local brands first than imported, except na lang kung wala talagang local brands available.
Like what S.Koreans are doing, we should learn how to patronize our own. When we do so, we create locals jobs, we support the movement of money domestically, we support the growth of our GDP.
Whenever I get the chance, I share this to people. Look up at the bar code.. those starting with 480 are made in the Philippines.

IMO, S. Korea is where they are now, because they are united, patriotic and nationalistic. Even Koreans staying in the Philippines, look for Korean brands to buy. Imagine that.

Hindi lang sa Philippines na kung saan hindi number 1 ang mcdonalds. meron din ibang countries.

this is a case of misplaced pinoy pride.

McDo is VERY good in market research and they always lead the way in this field. Better and months ahead than Jollibee insiders tell me. The problem is
that everything has to be approved by the main mcdo office in the US. from the wait to the approval,
to the implementation takes a lot of TIME. by the time they implement their action plan - nauunahan
na sila ng local companies. even with renovations, may say ang mcdo. furnitures are sourced from the US while local companies can have theirs made in the country. no shipping time, customs, etc. kung ano ang gusto nila. magagawa agad.

syempre, nandun na din ang image nila na they're an american company. so they have to keep it
in a certain way without losing their identity.

now kung gagawing equal lang ang labanan and the bee turned out to be better than the clown. then doon lang masasabi na mas magaling yung bee.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:12:37 am by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2013, 06:31:40 am »
filipinos uniting today in Luneta is a good news for me. :-)

i think its more of just the middle class who were noisy. malinis daw ang luneta after every one left.
that only means one thing. yung mga nag attend were mostly the educated.

100,000 doesn't mean anything. i'm quite disappointed, in a way lang ha, na 100k lang ang nag attend when
the drive was to have a million. this means hindi pa solid. When the public transpo in vancouver
decided to go on strike more than a decade ago -- ALL of them left. that's unity.

as for EDSA 1. yun ang tunay na 1 Million. others believed there were more. it is said that many
tried to go but were stopped. many created their own EDSA 1 at their respective municipalities.
and from TV, makikita mo daw talaga na BUONG pilipinas, nasa labas ng bahay nila at ayaw
na nila kay Macoy.

pag inabolish ang pork. palakasan system yan sa presidente. after that depende na sa character
ng president. mas malaki makukurakot. so we'll see if they can come up with something that will work.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:34:44 am by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

nettai

• Tropical Citrus Fruit
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2013, 10:28:41 am »
^ I agree. And when I went there yesterday, I felt like as if I was just attending the usual New Year salu-salo that Filipino families do. It felt more like a peaceful festival than a rally. That's the good news.

But the bad: The question that comes into my mind should the PDAF has been abolished and swindlers already apprehended, prosecuted and punished, and accountability measures set in place: "Now what?"

The "palakasan" and "lagayan" system will still be there as mentioned, warlords and criminals still everywhere and urban planning is still *bleep*ing poor. And read between the lines -- the "wais" word has been negative to me ever since.

Call me negative, but this is reality.
~ Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux ~

imyourangel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2014, 09:26:06 pm »
Any more good news now? I'm saddened with the daily evening news!

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2014, 06:40:16 am »
^ I agree. And when I went there yesterday, I felt like as if I was just attending the usual New Year salu-salo that Filipino families do. It felt more like a peaceful festival than a rally. That's the good news.

But the bad: The question that comes into my mind should the PDAF has been abolished and swindlers already apprehended, prosecuted and punished, and accountability measures set in place: "Now what?"

The "palakasan" and "lagayan" system will still be there as mentioned, warlords and criminals still everywhere and urban planning is still *bleep*ing poor. And read between the lines -- the "wais" word has been negative to me ever since.

Call me negative, but this is reality.

true. ang mangyayari lang dyan is hahanap sila ng pamalit sa PDAF. and tuloy ang nakaw.

parang nung panahon ni erap. bago kay erap eh, kahit sino pwede mag foundation. tapos inabuso raw ni erap. kaya at some point need mag lagay ng 1M na bond or something para makapagpatayo ng foundation. gasino lang yun sa totoong mayaman. ang napigilan lang yun mga sincere of moderate roots. pero sila, tuloy pa din ang nakaw.

im no pro macoy here, pero his words noon kay cory ring strongly now, "20 years from now bagsak ang Pilipinas"

then you have that 2 plus billion 11 storey building. and cakes worth 1,000 being sent to senior citizens and ang supplier pa ng cakes ay yung wife ng mayor.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close