I was able to go to Taiwan last Dec. and I just want to share what happened.
Hubby and I have US Visas and we have this certificate that we can show the immigration and it serves as our pass. You can download this in their website.
As for my daughter, we applied for a visa. We paid around P2,400.
We went to Taiwan from Dec. 27 - 30. Stayed 1 day in Taipei then rest of our trip in Taoyuan.
My Father-in-law has some local friends in Taiwan since sila yung suppliers namin sa office so sila din yung nag tour sa amin during our 5 day stay.
During our stay in Taipei, nag check-in kami sa Hotel Riviera
http://www.rivierataipei.com/index.aspThe hotel is really nice, our rooms are okay. Not as big as the other hotel. Free wifi in the hotel.
Then nakapunta kami sa Chaing Kai Shek Memorial, Shilin night market, Din Tai Fung.
I think Din Tai Fung has the BEST xiao long bao.
Then we transferred to Kuva Hotel Chateau
http://kuva-chateau.hotel.com.tw/eng/ nung lumipag kami sa Taoyuan. The hotel is really nice and they have their own art pieces in the hotel. We got a big room, 2 lang kami but it can fit 10 people inside. hehe. Free wifi also.
It's also near to the night market. Walking Distance lang.
In Taoyuan, we went to Leofoo Village -
http://www.themeparks.net.tw/eng/park/park05/index.aspThis is Taiwan's version of Disneyland. They have a mini zoo in and they feature a lot of monkeys. Konti lang din ang tao considering na it was a holiday and weekend. There are also extreme rides as well. Just don't bother watching the shows. Boring. Mas maganda parin sa Disneyland.
Aside from the sceneries, which I loved. Sarap ng food sa Taiwan. Dinala kami sa Chinese, Japanese restos. Aside sa Din Tai Fung, I guess the highlight of my trip was this restaurant in the middle of nowhere that serves South African Dishes. Sobrang sarap ng food niya. Tuwang tuwa ako. haha.
When we were there, umabot hangang 8 degrees yung temp. Siyempre tuwang tuwa naman ako kasi sulit na sulit ko yung winter clothes ko. Wala akong nabili since panay winter clothes and I'll be going to HK naman this Jan. But namamahalan ako sa items.
I think Taiwanese people are nicer compared to HK people.