watch now

Author Topic: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]  (Read 296092 times)

jen267890

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2013, 08:19:29 pm »
I remember reading as many blogs and conversation trails on rhinoplasty before I finally decided to go under the knife. I benefitted from all the information I got and am writing now, so others may learn from my experience ( Pay It Forward  )
Before the Operation
I chose Dr. Jay Recasata because of a friend’s recommendation and the good words I got about him from different sources (90% thru internet research). I was also confident about my decision because I know that he is a Fellow of the Philippine College of Surgery and the Philippine Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Those credentials are very important – it meant that aside from the skillful operations that he had done (based on the researches), he was also well-trained to do these type of surgeries.
I consulted with him early in July and agreed to his advice, to only do Tip and Alar Plasty.  I believe that I didn’t need any implants because I have a bridge and that my only concern was a bulbous tip and wide nose.  The other Surgeon I consulted recommended a different approach that scared me (He said he would make my bridge thinner and he will put the harvested cartilage at the tip of my nose then do alar trimming). It helped a lot that Dr. Jay has a good sense of humor that will immediately make a patient feel at ease. I decided to go thru the operation last Dec 18.
Before the Operation: Reason to Undergo Rhinoplasty
People have always told me that my nose was fine. I think I look pretty decent before But , only my family and close friends would agree that I could be prettier with a trimmed nose. I had manageable expectations – I only wanted to have my nose less fat ( lol! ) and less wide. That’s it! I didn’t need to look like another actress. I was fine with my old nose and the Rhinoplasty would only make me register better on pictures. Hahaha. But my point is -- to have manageable expectations.

Day of the Operation
The rhinoplasty was my first major surgical operation so I was obviously nervous. I was informed that it would be like a dental tooth extraction but I couldn’t remember undergoing one …all my baby teeth just fell off its natural course. I was operated under local anesthesia. I was awake and could hear everything during the operation but I was pleasantly surprised that I didn’t panicked. The team headed by Dr. Jay reassured me that I will survive the procedure. And I did. Oh and it didn’t hurt a bit because the anesthesia would kick in immediately and numb the nose area. What would hurt at the most are the first two injections ( I had 4 ) but my tolerance to pain is so low that I think if I got through it, then everyone can. I got up immediately after the surgery, walk to the doctors room for some post-op instructions. I told myself…Wow! You are one hell of a brave lady!
It would really help if someone could drive you home. My 2 close friends were present during and after the operation and they were the best support. I think a familiar face after the operation would help a great deal.
Post-Op 1-4 Days
The first 3 days after the operation were the most difficult.  Everything that I read was true! I felt depressed seeing my face swollen and at some point I thought I looked like Miss Piggy. Family and Friends helped a lot, they kept on telling me…[textspeak!] KA BA? MAGA PA NGA YAN. Even if I tell you not to look at your face, it would be pointless because you will look at your face at each opportunity you get. So go ahead, so you can remember what you have gone through 
Pointers:
(1)   I didn’t get any bruises because as soon as I reached home, I did cold compress and did it every other hour up to the first 36 hours post-op. I walk whenever I can. I was always in sitting position (reading a book or watching a DVD) or my head was always inclined when I’m sleeping. I rested and it helped.
(2)   I didn’t have pain or any infections because I followed the doctor’s instructions. I drank my meds (pain reliever and antibiotic) exactly as I should.
(3)   I drank plenty of water and pineapple juice. I loaded on Vitamin C because I read that it helps in faster healing but also because I didn’t want to get sick at any point while recovering. Imagine if you get colds, sneezing is a no no and getting the wound wet would be a catastrophe.
(4)   I drank my anti-allergy  med in the first 3 days because I was afraid of any allergic rhinitis attack  ( which I have aggravated by dust or seasonal changes especially in Dec ).
(5)   I ate lots of fruits and avoided eating meat. It’s not advised to chew rigorously.
(6)   Clean the wounds. This one, I had a difficulty with because I’m afraid of blood --even my own. You will see blood occasionally while cleaning the area with an antiseptic but it has to be done.

It’s my fifth post-op day and my stitches were removed.  The stitches inside my nose will be removed in another 4 days. I was told that by then the doctor will prescribe a cream to prevent scars. I am currently doing warm compress this time. My nose is still 70% swollen but I think I already look presentable. I’m hoping that the swelling will continue to subside and that the final output would be good. Pray for me 

If you have the resources and the right attitude to undergo the operation, go for it. I wish you the best!

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2013, 08:44:00 pm »
jen!! congrats and great job sa 1st post mo. napakathorough.pahingi po ng pics email o private message

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2013, 09:39:58 pm »
^ sis chiro.. not sure if you can post or if you're monitoring this thread but thank you for the emailm ngayon ko lang nabasa.. (: thank youuu for the follow up sis. much appreciated

simplybeautiful

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2014, 10:45:53 pm »
Can someone message me the cellphone number of Doc Jay? I think im having rejection with my silicone implant. Im out of the country and I already lost his number. :(

carla27

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2014, 05:17:38 am »
anyone know sino gumawa kay angeline quinto? ganda gawa

porche

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2014, 10:20:52 am »
@lex_mom pa send naman po ng before and after picture nyo ky doc eric.. salamat    email add : cute_daddy29@yahoo.com

helenoftroy2013

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2014, 07:14:39 am »
Mga sis. Sino marerecommend niyo na doctor at magkano nagastos niyo? Gusto ko na kasi magparhinoplasty eh.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:10:26 pm by helenoftroy2013 »

tiffy09

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2014, 01:33:07 pm »
hi! does anyone here knows the contact details of dra. Collantes?   Thank you!

absolutecarla

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2014, 06:45:00 pm »
I just had my revision alarplasty from Faces and Curves by Dr. Jay. I had alarplasty with him before and he reduced it to fit my proportions pero after a year I felt na may liit pa cya so I went and had the surgery. He isn't fond of going beyond the facial proportion of the face but I have this look that I was going for that would ultimately make me happy. I am now really really super happy with the result and in the future I'm looking into getting an implant and tip plasty. The revision was done for free because I wasn't satisfied with the result. Ok na yung 1st na ginawa nya but like what I've said pina-todo ko pa yung level lol He is very professional and very few doctors would do revisions for free!!!

helenoftroy2013

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2014, 07:01:42 pm »
Sis absolutecarla magkano nagastos mo sa alarplasty mo before?

absolutecarla

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2014, 08:01:50 am »
Sis absolutecarla magkano nagastos mo sa alarplasty mo before?

35k yung alarplasty ko before.

chirochan

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2014, 10:27:33 pm »
8192966 yan no. Ni doc collantes

DianeShishio

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2014, 11:39:30 pm »
Subscribing!

I plan to go under the knife in 2016. Research research muna :D

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2014, 06:44:05 pm »
absolutecarla so happy for you sis. !! so umokay lang si doc jay na alarplasty lang gawin? hows the scars sis?

psyche18R

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2014, 07:09:38 pm »
35k for alarplasty alone? What if rhino (silocone) only kay doc jay?

tiffy09

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2014, 11:43:28 pm »
Thank you sis chirochan :) i emailed you but i dont know if you have received it. I have some questions regarding cartilage rhinoplasty and i want to ask you since you already had one. Is it ok if i pm you? I also emailed dra.collantes but no reply until now. Anyway thank you thank you again sis!

thesoloist

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #256 on: March 01, 2014, 04:06:33 pm »
Gonna have it done this year yehey! Wala pa ko excuse para magtago sa friends and family for 2 weeks para sa healing phase :(  pano pala mag pa sched ng appointment kay dr. Jay? Thanks!

Chakadoll22

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2014, 06:00:36 pm »
hi there sissies! haba ng back read ko, hihi.

i had rhinoplasty 9 years ago. i was too young at that time, well for me kc 18 pa lang ako. my boyfriend was very supportive, yung surgeon ng lola nya ang gumawa saken. kaso ni-reject ng body ko yung silicon. ang mahirap pa, march sya ginawa before the school year. then mga july lumalabas na yung silicon, parang natutunaw. eh i had to wait for sem-break or long week-end. lage na lang ako nakacover ng hanky. di pa naman alam ng friends and classmates ko na nagpa-rhino ako kc super liit lang ng nilagay and it looks natural kc binagay lang sa face ko. i had the implant removed na lang since sabi ng surgeon may possibility na i-reject ulit.

now, im seriously considering yung kay dra. collantes na ear cartilage. bridge lang ang gusto ko. i might set an appointment soon.

absolutecarla

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2014, 12:33:47 pm »
Ok naman ang scarring you just have to clean the incision thoroughly and make sure na walang scab para walang scars then silicone gel on the scar para talaga walang mark. If you're considering rhinoplasty dapat i-consider nyo na din na magpackage nalang including alarplasty, tip plasty and implants especially kung may budget kayo kasi parang lahat sila nagcocompliment sa isa't-isa like pag nagpa-alar ka manonotice mo na sana pati yung tip dinamay mo na and yes malaki ang effect ng mataas na nose bride, believe me makeup artist ako and ang laki ng effect at ginanda pag naka contour ang ilong pero pag nagswimming hmm wala na lol And if you have the budget naman wag nyo na istall you're not getting any younger! Enjoyin ang ganda habang bata pa lalo na kung may budget naman!!!

tiffy09

  • Guest
Re: All About Rhinoplasty ツ [Thread 12]
« Reply #259 on: March 10, 2014, 08:40:09 pm »
Sis chirochan! Hindi pa pala ako pwede maka pm hehe. Pwede ko ba makita before and after pictures mo? Please. Naka schedule na pala ako kay doc collantes. Nagreply na rin sya at last. Thank you!    My email : ztep00@gmail.com
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:12:17 pm by tiffy09 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close