^
This is in my opinion, taken from personal experience owning and running
businesses since 2003 (I had experience helping out my mom when I was
younger, pero hindi ko naman sineryoso, I believe I learned more when it
was my own money [and borrowed money] I was risking)
In any business, before you create your concept, check out the market
first. Look at what they are already buying and at what price point.
This does not necessarily mean the exact line of what your selling, in your
case, bread and pastry. You should also consider other breakfast and
snack shops in the area.
A competition is not just defined by the specific product you are trying
to sell, but what takes money and satiety of your prospective clients.
Once this is done, you can test small, meaning you can create a batch
of your products, and try to sell them.
I don't advise surveys in food, as what people actually do is almost
always different from what people say.
It's not that people intentionally want to lie, but people want to tell you
what you want to hear.
If you've found a good product (maybe pan de sal) that is priced right
for your market, you can test different marketing strategies.
I don't see this done in bakeries, but I believe it can work well:
(on second thought, Dunkin donuts do)
Try creating combos that seem "sulit" to your customers, as these will
(hypothetically) drive customers to go back again and again to your
bakery.
---
As for the stuffs used, a good pugon is gas operated, don't go for the
electrical ones.
The taste on the breads are different, iba yung roast ng gas burned.
Start cooking between 3 or 4am (3 is better) as people usually (I'm
not sure in other areas as this really depends on market) buy from 5am
to 7am.
Our bakery then peaked sales at those times.
Have some variety, para hindi nagsasawa mga customers mo.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions, just ask them.