I was going to say the same thing but got lazy lol.
But seriously 12k per year ang HI rider nila for 3k/day benefit?
Whoa, I thought those riders costs around 2k-3k only?
But I agree with you, what are the chances that you're
going to need that kind of cover?
The only scenario in which it pays to have that cover
is when you are hospitalized for a very long long time..
And even though you probably won't need 3k per day.
You'd need a big sum, right NOW to pay for the bills...
The premium to benefit ratio is so skewed that its not
worth getting an HI.
Insurance companies do offer a "cousin" of HI.
Its almost the same but basically you get your premiums
back and there's a lifetime health fund so to speak.
Insular,manulife and philam life has such products.
Insular I Heal, Manulife Health Plus and Philam Health 100
basically, you get around 1k-2k per day, double the
amount if ICU, double the amount if its caused by a critical
illness and these are the benefits which aren't included in
the regular HI riders. Physician/surgeon fees, yung iba may
ambulance cover pa, may benefit for medicine, then you
get your premiums back. Coverage is good until age 100.
Don't quote me on those benefits though, I just typed those
off the top of my head but they're close enough.
You're in your 30's, I'm mid 20s so I don't know what
kind of premiums you'd be quoted but hindi magkalayo
ang premiums ng tatlo, ranges from 12k-14k per year,
payable for 20 years for a 1M policy.
But I personally don't see any value in this kind of product.
Maybe you might?
