BRITNEY, kadamutan yan ... But, Sis, I WILL feel the SAME way if I were in your shoes. Humpf, ma susuya nga ako.
BUT. Tuloy natin this .." IF I were in your shoes ...." my love for my husband will be enough to allow me to allow him to do his PRACTICAL Best for this illegitimate son of his. (May kahalong guilt, responsibility and pride as a man na kasi yang plan ni hubby eh.) Assuming ha, kaya financially. (Kung hindi, aba teka I will tell hubby it isn't logical nor practical to put ourselves and that child in danger by putting us all in a state of financial tightness. Lalo na sa USA nowadays, if that is where you are.). Pero talaga, BRITNEY, this " hmmm, puede, tignan natin, sige" will not come to me en punto. But I will soon enough realize that my husband needs to do this; and as a wife who understands him and respects him... O sige na nga!
BUT, hindi ako magpapaka martyr because he needs to address his halo-halo of guilt, pride & responsibility. IF that kid is being brought over, pwes, matira sya sa relatives ng mom nya or mag dorm. kung hindi nila ma work out financially, pwes - bring over after college, saka sya mag work dyan. Your husband may have this halo2 going on, but tell him you gotta be the objetive one here now. You gotta stay true to your family course. That kid belongs in his past, fine help him; but not at the expense of you his family now.
Play your cards well. Present things in a way na hindi ikaw ang negative, but the practical one.
Aba, tama ka naman -- Oo, kadamutan, pero teka - nasa lugar! Eh di ba may generosity that does more harm than good sabi nga, eh di the reverse may hold true for certain circumstances - the kadamutan is good! BRITNEY, batuhin man ako, this I gotta say: Family first, always.