watch now

Author Topic: Catering thread 4  (Read 191385 times)

mae_s

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2012, 07:43:18 pm »
sis jpeach, pa pm naman kung how much per head yung menu mo sa verleo. :) did you request for different sodas din sis? and paano yung iced tea and juice, nagdala ka lang ba ng powdered iced tea/juice, then sila na nagtimpla? :)

jpeach

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2012, 02:23:12 pm »
sis mae_s, actually i was going to request it nga pero i forgot kaya natuwa ako when i saw that they brought different sodas. i don't know if that's their usual practice though. i-specify mo na rin para sure. we brought a table top dispenser for the iced tea, nakatimpla na. if you don't have your own dispenser or container, maybe you can ask them if they can provide that. yung juices naman namin individual servings, naka-cooler lang. bale 240/head yung food namin but i also paid extra for ribbons and covers for the chairs, additional chafing dishes and kiddie tables and chairs. :)

mae_s

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2012, 03:06:17 pm »
Sige sis inquire ko na din sa AE na kausap ko. Thanks! :)

batch

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:20 pm »
medyo na-pressure ako..help sisses.. late na ba kung ngayon pa lang ako magsisimula ng search for caterer for a birthday party in May? wala pa akong idea talaga  :o

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2012, 02:37:53 am »
^better if you can prepare na now. mahirap mangarag specially if you have a caterer in mind na. IMO lang, food can make or break your event

fleeting

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2012, 09:12:48 pm »
Anyone who has tried the catering partypipol? Very affordable yun rates nila, ang dami pang freebies

http://www.partypipol.com/partyneeds/catering-services.html

erikkjoy

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »
As promised, here's my feedback for Verleo :)

I got a 380/pax package from the make your own menu :)

Yang Chow Fried Rice
Baked Beef Lasagna
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Baby Back Ribs (carved on the spot)
Sliced Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce
Creamy Baked Fish Fillet
Mixed Vegetables with Quail eggs
Salad Bar
Mango Crepe
Bottomless ice tea or softdrinks

Kids Menu @ 180/head
Baked Spaghetti         
Garlic Fried Chicken         
Pork BBQ         
Hotdog with Mallows         
Cream Puff         
BOTTOMLESS ORANGE JUICE FOR KIDS               

I originally got 150pax + 30 kids but 2 days before the event I increased it to 165 pax + 30 kids :)

FREEBIES: I got 1 extra chafing dish + lechon chopper/chafing dish+ 1 extra set of 10 seater round table. I also got a lot of extra skirted tables for gifts, cake, dessert, candy, face painting, prizes, etc :)

I also removed the centerpiece so total is less P30/table :)

I only got to eat cordon bleu and the fish (3 subo lang!) and from that, sobrang okay sa akin yung lasa. Almost everyone gave me a thumbs up sa caterer ko. Hindi rin nila inakala na P380/head lang yun! Masarap daw, malasa and marami!
The baby back ribs got the most raves, sobrang sarap daw. True enough, even the most food meticulous relative I have loved the food :) The only problem I had with them,  eh I didn't know na I have to request a food controller (yung magsasandok ng food) pa, so ayun, sabi ng relatives ko bakit wala daw ganun? Nakita kasi nila yung iba sobra2 naman daw kumuha ng food, don't get me wrong ha, ibig lang nila sabihin eh more than enough as to what they could eat :)
And after ng pila, natakot ako na baka maubusan ng food yung iba esp yung suppliers kasi nga parang wala ng mai-refill dun sa iba! I was ready to ask someone na umorder na sa jollibee. Pero okay pa naman, may ibang putahe lang talaga na naubos na pero good thing may extra 2 lechons kami plus mga 8 kilos of sugpo na additional.

I can't blame the caterer too, I only paid for 165 heads, but I got 180 total tables na full of guests, plus nag pa extra pa ako ng 20 more chairs, plus all of the suppliers & their staffs pa. In total, I estimated those who ate bet 240-250 persons!
Yun lang, yung videographers & photographers, sa huli they were able to eat rice, pasta, veggies & lechon nalang ata :(

All in all, generally okay ang experience ko sa kanila. Of the 4 caterers I had sa events ko, sa kanila talaga ako uulit :) marami ring nagtanong ng contact details nila :)

Linens & waiters naman, sobrang okay. One of the nicest I had. I gave each waiter P200 tip plus P300 tip sa head waiter nila :) in total 10 waiters plus 2 drivers kasi :)

HTH :)

My AE is Rio, masipag mag update, madaling kausap :)

BabyCristti

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2012, 02:55:38 pm »
After considering the good and bad feedbacks. Our family decided to get Lola mamang's catering services nung bday ni baby. I must say it is a very good deal considering mura sila. We were very happy with the food and service. Tama yung mga raves about their food and masarap sya talaga. We loved the roast beef the most. With the service, ok na ok yung mga na assign sa amin na waiters. Very efficient and attentive. Judy is very accommodating and answered all my questions. Thank you sa inyong lahat na nag-share ng good and bad feedback kasi mas na remind ko sila sa mga gusto ko and naging maayos ang event namin with them.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:14:01 pm by BabyCristti »

jheanne13

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2012, 04:21:10 pm »
^
Nice to hear that sis. Actually, I also had a very nice experience with Lola Mamang's during my youngest daughter's christening. Even my mom na super metikulosa ay na-satisfy with their food and service. Since they offer the cheapest packages around, I can say that the taste of their food is sulit na sulit na for the price. And with regards to how the waiters behave, I believe na even though we are paying customers, we still have to give them instructions so everything will be according to how we want it to be. And remember that the higher your expectations, The more likely you get disappointed. Kaya everytime I plan an event, my goal really is just for everyone to go home with a full stomach and a smile.

fleeting

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2012, 09:47:41 am »
How about Queensland? Has anyone tried them? Very reasonable din rates nila. Actually cheaper pa sila sa verleo

wengerts

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #170 on: March 02, 2012, 12:19:55 pm »
^ hindi ko masyado type yung food ng queensland. pero again, subjective kasi ito hehe

robinemz

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2012, 03:05:46 pm »
Nag-iisponsor din ba ng venue ang PC? I want to have my daughter's party sana at Valle Verde 1. We won't be getting a party planner [textspeak!] di ko need ng balloons (sayang [textspeak!] it gets wasted after the event). I would like PC to do the dress-up of our venue kaya i'm hoping matulungan nila ko sa sponsorship.. Has anyone here tried seeking their assistance for sponsorship? :-\

twelve5

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2012, 03:23:54 pm »
Mga sis, generous ba serving ng Sweet Inspirations?  Any menu recommendation?


Thanks in advance! =)

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2012, 03:44:54 pm »
^ Sufficient naman yung serving.  Hindi naman sobra sobra, but for sure, hindi siya magkukulang. ;)

Aside from the Mongolian barbecue, I like the lasagna, grilled boneless chicken, lengua and of course, the cakes and pastry squares. :)

Our family has gotten Sweet Inspirations to cater our parties  since I was still in school. :)

twelve5

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2012, 01:33:58 am »
^ thanks for your help, marose17. I really appreciate it... I have a small notebook and im taking down notes.  ;D

I visited their website and the found their buffet menu prices quite affordable kaya naisip ko baka small servings... Or Baka siguro i've been looking at other restos' higher prices kaya medyo namurahan ako sa SI.  :P

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2012, 07:45:00 pm »
^  Last year, they catered my kids' birthday party.   Good for 50 pax ang kinuha ko but my guests were more than 50.  Sobra pa ang food.  My husband naman had a Mongolian barbecue for his birthday last year, ayun ilang days kaming nag-Mongolian kasi maraming leftovers.

Affordable talaga and their set-up is nice, hindi cheap-looking ang linens and mga gamit nila.

Their waiters have been with them for over 20 years.  Student pa lang ako nakikita ko na sila sa restaurant sa Katips.

If your are getting them, request for the yema balls, espresso brownies and fudge brownies for dessert.  Sarap din their iced tea.

merchee

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2012, 04:14:36 pm »
sises, question. may alam ba kayong okay na caterer na merong baptismal package talaga? usually  kasi na mga na-inquire ko...yung regular catering packages lang talaga. gusto ko sana yung merong kasamang styling, invitations, souvenir, cake etc. :)

wengerts

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2012, 06:30:45 pm »
^ usually ang mga kiddie party packages nila pwede din sa baptismal...

robinemz

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2012, 02:27:42 pm »
share ko lang mga sis, may groupon deal ngayon ang chow unlimited(official caterer ng OSMA) for events until nov 2012. sa mga on budget i think ok na deal na to. P4650 for 30pax from their 310/head menu. P6975 naman for 50pax. I'm so interested to book them for my girls parties this year.. good deal na to for a school party para food for kids and guardian na :)

cristina_diche

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #179 on: April 06, 2012, 05:16:29 am »
Free pa rin yung venue kung doon gagawin?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close