We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
^Hi 13. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. English isn't our first language anyway, and even people who have English as their first make a lot of mistakes too. I'm only going to explain would and could based on the error I've commonly encountered. There are several other rules for would and could, but explaining them here would be too long. (Google nalang!)Usually, you're only supposed to use could and would when expressing a conditional that isn't possible (either permanently or just at the moment), like:"She could have been perfect for the role, but she has attitude problems.""He would have gone with you, if you only asked."can and will are used for things that are possible, meaning:"The product could be used to clean everything." >>> "The product CAN be used to clean everything.""Yes, I would go with you today." >> "Yes, I WILL go with you today."It's a very subtle error compared to wrong pluralization and wrong tense usage, but it tends to make sentences sound less flowing, more so in spoken English. Making flowing sentences is important, because people will listen to/read you more that way. (Notice that I didn't use WOULD in the previous sentence, since I wasn't expressing something that isn't possible.)Ay wow, long post. But there you go. I hope I was able to explain it clearly, and I hope you didn't get bored with the post length! XD
^^ IN FAIRNESS, ang dami nga talagang gumagamit niyang in fairness! XD (sana tama paggamit ko hahaaha)
question, anong past tense ng HANG OVER? as in after a booze session-- hangover... hung over, right? im reading FB wallposts--HANGOVERED.anong tama? EDIT: meron din akong nababasa na STAR STRUCKED. anuber! LOL
Dun sa "in fairness" I think naman expression lang yun, kumbaga parang di naman talaga siya dapat ginagamit formally. Then natutunan ko yun "healthy" at "healthful". Kasi I tend to say na "eat apple, this is healthy" even sa mga magazines diba, lagi "healthy" ang gamit sa mga food. So dapat pala "healthful" yun?
^i think synonym lang sila. Pang formal siguro yung pag consider ng difference nila na sinabi ni sis dito. or baka technical or 'old' english term ng healthy yan.
sis pa help naman.. paano sa english yung magtatanong ka kung natinik ka ba kahit hindi fish yung kinain... yung isa ko friend ang sagot kasi parang malayo ng konti - do you feel like you have a fishbone stuck in your throat?