Author Topic: Strings  (Read 144951 times)

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #520 on: November 20, 2015, 05:55:12 am »
^for my wedding last dec 2014, we engaged the services of Libante Strings. :) we were very happy with their performance. Especially sa entourage entrance song "La Vie En Rose"  at sa "If I Aint Got You" song immediately after matapos ng ceremony.

dr.thereal.joy

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #521 on: November 20, 2015, 08:37:00 am »
@fionaapple girl ba kumanta ng la vie  en rose? Yun kasi gusto naming wedding dance. hehe

ellaenchanted17

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #522 on: November 20, 2015, 03:47:43 pm »
Ako din mga sis La vie en rose din ang gusto ko but as bridal march song. Nakita ko din sa youtube [textspeak!] video ng Libante nun, maganda din.

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #523 on: November 20, 2015, 07:06:55 pm »
^for La Vie En Rose, since entrance music siya at pinlay siya ng Libante simula sa unang member ng ento up to my mom, i asked them to play it without vocals. Instrumental siya. I chose it as entourage entrance song (processional) kasi it has a beautiful melody, hindi siya nakakasawa kahit paulit ulit.

My bridal entrance music is When I Fall In Love, wala ring vocals. Kasi classic song siya. Everyone knows the lyrics. Mas solemn kung walang vocals. Although preference ko lang naman yun.

For "If I Aint Got You", may vocals na. Napakaganda kasi para sa amin ng lyrics ng song. It perfectly describes our love for each other.

Yes. female ang vocalist na knuha namin sa Libante. Mas gusto ko yung female pero hindi bumibirit or sumisigaw pag kumakanta.

Sa song list, we specified kung alin ang preferred namin n walang vocals at alin yung meron.

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #524 on: December 08, 2015, 12:14:36 pm »
hi Chili1113, for us here's our sched for MSM:
2pm-3pm - wedding ceremony
4:30pm - cocktails
5:30pm - start of reception
7-7:30pm - end of dinner proper

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #525 on: December 08, 2015, 08:48:21 pm »
Hi rightback!! Thanks for the info. So they really only extended 30 mins for them to play till the end of dinner? Will they still get to play at least 2 whole sets for the reception?

My brother got MSM too but they dont have a problem because their ceremony is at 7pm and will go straight into dinner so they will end playing at 12 pm na.  So sulit talaga for them.


rightback

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #526 on: December 09, 2015, 04:50:55 am »
^not so sure sis if 30 mins max yung extension. just using it as an estimate. i think they won't leave naman daw in the middle of dinner. i think kaya naman that they can play 2 sets in the reception. in our case its during cocktails and dinner.

sulit nga yung sa brother mo. i'm assuming even during cocktails MSM will play while they have their photos? and sakto lang ang gap.

juannaduy

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #527 on: January 10, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »
Mga sisses baka may ma refer kayo good but mura around laguna area. Preferrably near Los Banos or Sta. Cruz Laguna? Mas gusto ko sana violin, cello plus piano. Thank you! :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #528 on: January 10, 2016, 03:27:14 pm »
dr.therealjoy. i havent heard sjt pero between velvet mood and libante, parang mas classical sounding ang pagkanta ng libante while sa velvet mood, mas modern. depende na lang sa preference mo;) nashortlist ko rin ang libante but may nahanap ako na mas classical yung dating:)

Hi sis! Who did you end up booking? Leggiero or IME? I had Impressions for our ceremony and reception. :) love them!! You can choose between the male or female singer para mabawasan yung quote nila sayo. They gave us their old rate kase my hubby used to work with their pianist.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #529 on: January 10, 2016, 03:38:49 pm »
^^None yet:) I actually want IME too but its just too expensive for us. They actually gave me a discount but its still too much:( We might go with leggiero, libante, or anima.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #530 on: January 10, 2016, 03:47:50 pm »
Sis chili, never heard of the 5 hour playing rule with no broken time from the groups we inquired from. why do they have such rule daw?

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #531 on: January 10, 2016, 07:15:06 pm »
Mga sisses baka may ma refer kayo good but mura around laguna area. Preferrably near Los Banos or Sta. Cruz Laguna? Mas gusto ko sana violin, cello plus piano. Thank you! :)

Try The String Session by Merjohn Lagaya. They were really good on my wedding. We got their trio, bass, keyboard and male singer.

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #532 on: January 10, 2016, 08:35:22 pm »
chili1113 sorry to hear that. I almost hired them for my wedding too! I really liked their repertoire but I realized I wanted a choir for the church ceremony. With my coordinator's suggestion, I found out about Anima Choir and Strings and opted for them instead. Less hassle since they have options that include singers and musicians for the church ceremony and just musicians for the reception (which I opted for). I was particular that I only want instrumental music at the reception and no bands. They have a pretty good repertoire as well so I am very happy with my choice.

fornarina

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #533 on: January 10, 2016, 09:22:53 pm »
Sis chili, i did not end up booking MSM but ted is really nice, dami kong tawad sa time extension na yan...i would be needing them to stay til 8:30-8:45 so may additional talaga... Baka pwede naman not 8k additional if konting time extension? Was browsing their repertoire sana they would add pa songs kasi i would need to pay an additional to have my songs added kaya nasad ako.. Ganda sana ng songs ko in strings but will end up with a lot of additional charges kaya went with sound salad nalang They said they will stay til after party

I loved libante's version of la vie en rose and moonriver ❤️
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:56:53 pm by fornarina »

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #534 on: January 11, 2016, 07:00:29 pm »
Decided to get Anima Choir and Strings since we want a choir for the church:) I scanned their extensive repertoire and found most of the songs we would love to hear during the reception:)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #535 on: January 11, 2016, 07:44:15 pm »
Hi rowan!! =) Anima is good ! also got them as my choir. We both have 2 of the same suppliers already: Anima and Richie!

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #536 on: January 11, 2016, 08:02:09 pm »
Haha nice! What did you get from Anima? For now, I just booked vocal quartet plus 3 instruments for church then vocalist plus 3 instruments for the reception. Roger said I can always upgrade in the future in case I change my mind.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #537 on: January 17, 2016, 02:51:27 pm »
Hi girls, just realized na only 4.5 months to go. I still have no strings!! Aside from MPO, and Manila Strings machine, can anyone recommend good strings na affordable?

I've heard of Rhythm and strings, but haven't really heard from past brides about any feedback.

Librante Strings wala ako makita na contact number. If anyonce can please send their numbers and rates thanks ;)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #538 on: January 17, 2016, 03:00:51 pm »
Sis, you can also check out Bernie Pasamba. We got our string quartet + vocalist from them for our wedding last year. I loved how they played during our processional and my bridal march :)

http://www.berniepasamba.com

For Libante Strings, I remember having an email correspondence with them through libante_strings@yahoo.com

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #539 on: January 17, 2016, 03:09:09 pm »
^thanks sis :)

To everybody else, recommendations, violent reactions are welcome 😄😄

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close