watch now

Author Topic: When is the best time to resign and why?  (Read 67353 times)

charmedwitch776

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2012, 10:46:21 pm »
hi mga sisses, I created this topic one year ago and right now I could say that I have no regrets in my decision to resign...mahirap sa simula pero afterwards everyone fall into places and eventually i'm just  thankful for the decision i made.

resigning sa work is really a BIG decision to make, madami need to consider and madaming dapat i-weight pero sa huli I believe ang laging "best time" is when our heart says it's enough and our brain will agree and we'll finally see that there's no reason at all to go to work or to continue what we're doing every single day!

goodluck satin lahat and don't be afrain to cross the line...sabi nga 'di ba
"you'll never reach the other side of the sea if you don't leave the shore"

riandrew

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2012, 11:58:29 pm »
@Margaritabythebeach

apir! now they knew our worth. magstruggle sila ngayon ng kapalit.  ;D

bdayboy

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2012, 12:07:12 am »
For me, the best time to resign is when you have passive income (business or investments) that is equal or greater than you monthly pay making it irrelevant.  Looking for another job that pays higher will only take you so far.  Once you're fed up with it, you'll start looking for another one and the cycle repeats itself.  As you get paid higher, the demand for your time and skills goes up as well.

Before you know it, you're going to retire already and though you have enough money saved up to start a business, you'll already be too old to take care of it and it will likely fail and will be left with nothing.  The bad news is this cycle will repeat over and over with your children and your children's children and so on until someone breaks it. Why not you? Why not now?

This is the reason why I'm setting aside a portion of my earnings each month and put it in investments and business.  Once my monthly pay is equaled and no longer relevant then I will resign, no wait, I will retire from working and focus on growing my investments and business.  Since I will have the time and freedom, it would be easier to grow.

Margaritabythebeach

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2012, 02:17:53 pm »
@Margaritabythebeach

apir! now they knew our worth. magstruggle sila ngayon ng kapalit.  ;D


Hahaha! apir! Now I am more at peace and more satisfied with what I am doing. :-)

hi mga sisses, I created this topic one year ago and right now I could say that I have no regrets in my decision to resign...mahirap sa simula pero afterwards everyone fall into places and eventually i'm just  thankful for the decision i made.

resigning sa work is really a BIG decision to make, madami need to consider and madaming dapat i-weight pero sa huli I believe ang laging "best time" is when our heart says it's enough and our brain will agree and we'll finally see that there's no reason at all to go to work or to continue what we're doing every single day!

goodluck satin lahat and don't be afrain to cross the line...sabi nga 'di ba
"you'll never reach the other side of the sea if you don't leave the shore"

HI charmedwithc, siguro the best thing t do is to think things over before resigning. May iba kasi na bigla-bigla mag decide. dap at din may upon at least 3 months worth of salary para may pantawid gutom at mat back up plan.

In the end, there is no  right or wrong decision, what is more important is how and what you will do with your decision.

I am glad, everything is working out well for you too. :-)

calin22

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2012, 05:50:16 pm »
I just resigned last thursday! hahah wohhooo! after 3 years of a bonded life.. I am finally free!... but ofcourse naghanap muna ako ng malilipatan.. :D ahahaha

airish_2

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2012, 05:42:29 am »
decided to resign na pero may hinihintay akong definite month di ko na kaya negative environment tapos parang wala lang sa company na monthly may nagreresign sa kanila.

sweetczarina

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2012, 11:08:45 am »
i've been thinking to resign na rin sa work ko..  :(

ewan ko ba.. 2.6years na ko dito. the pay is ok, my co-workers are ok, especially my boss.. pero nrealize ko na hindi ito pang long term na career for me. I just heard na wala pala kami dito early retirement plan. as in kahit ilang years pa ko tumagal dito at pag naisipan kong magresign, the only thing that I can get is my last pay and converted cash from my unused VLs.. yun lang!

Pero bago ko magresign, i need to find a new work muna. Mas gusto ko na sa out of the country.

maiandra

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2012, 08:13:38 am »
Me too I think I'll be resigning by Nivember this year after the Christmas bonus is given.

Personally, I'll be resigning bec the job itself is so stressful, so demanding and makes me hate each day I have to wake up to another work day. Malaki nga ang sweldo do, pero pipigain ka talaga up to the last centavo na makukuha sayo. I think being in customer service is not for me because I hate hearing problems after problem, rants, complaints and for 7 long years I stayed in the call center industry bec the pay was good. Eventually the negative vibes get absored into the system and takes the toll on my mental and physical health, self worth and dignity.

I just want to do myself a favor and feel good about what I do. I want my life back.

MsClaire

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2012, 02:41:07 pm »
eto din ang question mga sissiess.. gustong magresign na parang ayw.. naguguluhan ako..

airish_2

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2012, 08:52:13 pm »
tama pag sobrang nakakstress dapat umalis na [textspeak!] pla katumbas na bayad yung stress.

lovesick

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2012, 11:37:50 am »
hay matapos ko lang ang pagaasikaso ng mga IDs ko at cc application eh maghahanap na talaga ako ng ibang job

simplecathy143

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2012, 11:07:11 am »
Mag 10 months pa lang ako sa work ko pero im planning to resign na.. pero syempre naghahanap na din  muna ko ng malilipatan. Bukod sa mababa lang ang sahod, hindi na din ako masaya lalo na sa ugali ng boss ko. Masyado niang tinitipid yung mga employee, hindi din ganun kaganda yung management.. Nakakastress..

haliparotti

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2012, 08:16:44 pm »
I have experienced before na magresign dahil lang " hindi na ako masaya" sa trabaho ko, without any ipon or new job na nag aantay para saken. SOBRANG HIRAP. Tipong, wala akong pang apply, walang pera, nangungutang para may pamasahe, pang kuha ng requirements for new job, aantay ng sahod na usually 15- 30 days pa bago makuha. Pag ka sahod, bayad lahat ng utang. Talagan 2-3 months bago mo masabing naka cope ka na. Siguro dahil bata pa ako noon kaya kung magdecide ako ganun ganun na lang.

I've learned my lessons and I want to share this experience. Magresign ka na meron kang naka back up na pera for at least a month or two. Usually din ang bakcpay (kung meron) eh binibigay after a month. at kung may nakaabang na trabaho para sau. Wag basta magdecide. Kelangan may back up plan.  ;)

geekybride

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2012, 06:55:19 pm »
i agree with sis haliparotti.

find a parachute first, before you jump.  you can endure the "i am no longer happy" feeling, basta one day at a time lang, habang wala pang kapalit na work.

cberry

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2012, 02:14:09 pm »
ako simply when there's a better oppurtunity, better offer.

snix

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2012, 03:25:26 pm »
planning to resign next year.. naka one year naman nako and i don't think i'm learning and growing anymore in my job..pati wala na rin ako ginagawa..pumapasok para maghintay ng uwian ;D i'm preparing for this by saving up..naghahanap na rin ako part time job para kung matagal ako mabakante eh ayos lamg..im fixing my portfolio.. yung mga other papers like nbi clearance, tin and sss ano pa ba? para asikasuhin ko na..

iniisip ko lang kung ano ba best month magresign..kung march kasi hindi kaya mahirapan ako maghanap ng bago work dahil marami bago graduate? ayaw ko naman na patagalin pa..plan ko on january, feb or march..

kabado din ako..although i have a list of companies na pwede ko applyan..

CebuGem

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2012, 04:37:22 pm »
Granted you applied to another company, the best time to resign is when they have confirmed your employment with them. Unless you don't have any dependents (kids or others) and you just really want to get out for whatever reasons, don't wait any longer.


ms.vanity

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2012, 09:45:01 am »
I wanna resign na! grabe mga tao sa new company na pinag workan ko. kahapon sobrang napikon ako minaliit kasi ako and all. sinagot ko talaga. hehe. wala na akong pakielam isa pa hindi naman okay ang benefits. ayoko na mag sayang ng panahon.. =) kaso may nag hhire ba ng BER months?

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2012, 04:22:03 pm »
^ meron pa naman. dami pa rin openings e. pero pag December talaga halos wala...

as much as i'd want to find a new job first before i resign, super nakakaasar na sa company namin. iba ugali ng boss ko.. ewan ko if dahil foreigner & bata pa. >:( nakakapikon at wala syang sense of time! di naman ako makapag-leave lagi for interviews so ang hirap humanap ng new job. Unstable din kasi yung company (since it's small) kaya isa pang worry ko yun. I might submit na my resignation in the next few days since 1 month notice pa yun for turnovers, etc. May mga interviews na rin ako scheduled so sana swertehin na.

sweetyashie

  • Guest
Re: When is the best time to resign and why?
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2012, 07:25:46 pm »
sissies, i need an advice. 1 day pa lang kasi ako sa work, and gusto ko na magresign tomorrow. my question is, since 1 day pa lang, NO contracts signed yet, is a verbal resignation may do?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close