I wasn't aware about the use of tablets! Unit 3 ang anak ko.
I was able to talk to Unit 2 Head nila kanila sis. Pilot testing would be the Grade 4 students. But unfortunately Dr. Ronquillo cant have a solid answers to my concerns since of maging okay daw this year yung testing nila, it will be rolled out na to other levels too.
Here are the questions I asked kanina sa kanila about this tablet implementation
1. Why Ipad not Kindle which is mainly used for mainly used for ebook readings.
2. Where are we going to buy those ipad mini? CSA should be dealing with Apple stores and get a deal with them since etong brand ang prefer nila, dapat malaki discounts nating mga parents.
3. What if mag crash yung ipad during class hours, are the teachers have plans how to fix it?
4. If masira and the following day is exam nila, do they have any old school books to lend or better yet, spare units to lend sa mga masisiraan ng ipad. If wala so that means we have to buy spare pa.
5.If ma lowbat during school hours, will they allow charging of those ipads inside the classrooms? kasi bawal mag charge dun ang alam ko so that means need nila to bring a spare one. Lalo na ipad mini tried and tested ko na ebook reading lang can last up to 4-5 hrs lang. so what will happen after that na?
6. I also asked them, not all can afford to buy Ipad kasi some of the students are scholars, paano na sila?
7. I also asked them about the possible theft. I remember my friend told me the reason daw why pare-parehas ang rubber shoes ng students na for PE kasi during their days daw in school nauso yung payabangan and then some daw nauuwi sa nakawan ng shoes. so I asked them, whats the difference of rolling out ipads to students kahit pa na lahat sila naka ipad di ba.
and lastly..
8. As early as pre school, they are teaching na students how to use computers, chances are marami ang marunong nng gumawa ng sarili nilang emails, so pwede na i-logout yung itunes accounts natin sa ipad and login theirs so they can download games.
Plus what if a student bring a pocket wifi di ba, so pwede na pwede sila mag surf at mag youtube etc. so anong guarantee natin na they can concentrate sa schools di ba.
so when I asked them these questions, no solid answers sa akin sila. I just hope they will re-consider this idea. I dont want my son to lose focus sa school lalo na Gold Eagle awardee sya.