watch now

Author Topic: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?  (Read 13454 times)

fegloria1954

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 06:26:29 pm »
I am going to Singapore.

Tomorrow, March 2, 2011 Wednesday morning.

purpleish

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 07:31:38 pm »
^ ka miss ang SG...enjoy your trip sis :) dont forget the ice cream sa Orchard Street ;D Blueberry is yum yum, just $1 lang...solve na solve...

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 04:14:27 pm »
in terms of shopping, hk :) best to go during the sale season - mid june to august, branded items priced really low.

sg is a little expensive but c&k shoes are really cheap there :) best to go during the great sg sale which i think is around june as well. also like going there during december as it is not as warm

thailand is best for flea market shopping and certain brands are cheap - elle, lacoste and other local brands.

gorgeousmama

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 12:12:09 am »
id been to 3 countries,

 i like SG coz i felt safe there and malinis

BANGKOK there are some good finds when you shop,llove their lanzones and dresses

Hongkong the weather and food

bedazzledstar

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 08:43:36 pm »
HK..kasi di pa kami nakakapunta dun..di pa kasi magkatagpo ang schedule namin ni bf.  sana this april matuloy na ang plan at magkaron sana ng sale ang airlines para pasok sa anniv namin.

Bangkok, okay magshopping nakakatuwa ang night market kailangan magaling ka tumawad hehe. dami din magagandang puntahan like un palace, un mga temple tapos un floating market, un place ng mga elepante tapos magbabayad ka para iikot ka dun sa lugar which is kinda scary kasi meron part na pababa or may tubig basta kakaibang experience hahaha. may mga cultural show, pede din magside trip sa ayuttaya and pattaya...sa pattaya meron factory outlet like lacoste.  at ang pinakagusto ko sa lahat un sampaloc nila na maanghang!!!

SG since dito ako based ibang lugar naman.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 12:14:47 am »
IMO, HKG. Last trip there was Dec 2010. My 7th time this coming June! Love the weather (wag lang August LOL). Lots of places to explore.

SIN-been here 2x. Last was Nov 2010. Clean, very friendly people. More on shopping, IMO. Although both HKG n SIN have very efficient and convenient public transport.

BKK-want to try it once but hubby had an awful time during the Songkran festival...

GOAL: to visit all ASEAN capitals at least once! ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:16:47 am by theflygirl »

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 07:45:27 am »
Been to all three and I'm torn between SG and HK.

I enjoyed Hong Kong for its cold weather, delicious cuisine, thriving nightlife, bargain market, and of course, its proximity to Macau. It's such a charming city with so much character. This is probably its biggest advantage over Singapore. Hong Kong feels very comfortable, unpretentious, homey.

Singapore, on the other hand, is an urban wonderland. It's as clean and as safe as they say. I like its wide roads, luxe shopping malls, and cheap hawker stalls. Interesting contrasts really. Best of all, Singaporeans are awesome! I love them to bits. They sure know PR and they're fluent in english, which makes life easier for us tourists.

Bottom line, one should visit both cities. :)

Wait, Bangkok is really nice, too. The Grand Palace is stunning! Thai people are generous with smiles and they go out of their way to help. Plus, I'm addicted to Thai food! However, I did not enjoy my trip as much as I could have because of the heat. 32 degrees was a bit much for me.

ShoesAndTravel

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 11:14:39 am »
I really want to go to BKK for my birthday. (July) But I'm waiting for cheap flights pa. Sana magkaron! If meron mga sis please let me know. :( Okay sa First House. Affordable but okay naman ang rooms. And malapit sa mall nila na mga clothes... I wanna go shopping kasi pagdating ko dun.

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 07:48:14 pm »
Haven't been to Bangkok, nasayang yung ticket ko last year dahil sa gulo dun but between SG and HK I'll choose HK. Why? Coz I can wander around HK alone, ganon ako ka comfortable dun unlike sa SG and feeling ko mas cheap ang items sa HK yun nga lang mejo mahirap makipagcommunicate sa mga locals coz hindi lahat marunong mag english.

But I love both due to their very efficient transpo unlike sa Manila. :)

marsh_candy

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 08:45:11 am »
I love SG kasi dito ako based  ;D super safe kahit kaw lang mag-isa kahit madaling araw na yan! safe and very convenient.

pero i have never tried HK yet so like ko mapuntahan. BKK din, I want to try. Maybe we have to plan this out soon!  ;D

matchykoi

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »
Ako naman. I was in HK last week. It was such a fun city to visit. The weather is so cold and the food are awesome. I love how chica the people are and the MTR is easy to remember. I was the tour guide of my aunt and mom kahit di pa rin ako nakakapunta dun. I want to travel alone this May but I don't know where to go- either HK or Bangkok. Help me rin to decide.

SG naman, may Universal Studios na and I came there in 2009. Gusto ko bumalik sana but it's expensive.

I like to try shopping, eating and just do what locals do. :) Just chill out and be in a new city.
Saan nga ba?

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 08:15:44 am »
^ For solo trip, I'd prolly go with HK (or SG, if that's an option). I didn't feel so safe in BKK. A couple of cab drivers tried to scam us while we were there. And I've also read about valuables being stolen at the Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I think BKK is fun when shared with family and friends. :)

xoxohersheys

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 10:48:47 am »
4-Days/3-Nights in Hong Kong and Shenzhen with Airfare, City Tour and Disneyland All Day Pass for P11750 instead of P23,500

Hi guys, ask ko [textspeak!] if this is a good deal? Please share ur insights. Thanks!

I saw this promo in www.metrodeal. tnx!

lizziegirl

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 12:10:53 pm »
i like bangkok because of shopping! as in walang sinabi ang divisoria and greenhills especially if you know where to buy clothes. maiinit doon, yes, but it's not humid like dito sa pilipinas. ang init doon ay medjo dry na init kaya hindi kami masyadong pinagpapawisan kahit maiinit. dito kasi ang sticky ng feeling diba? the food is uber good, very fresh ang flavors nila :)

i like hongkong because of Disneyland, the food, and everything is very orderly talaga. yung transportation system nila ang pinakanamimiss ko dito kasi sobrang ayos talaga. i dont really shop here kasi after bangkok, sobrang namamahalan na ako sa hongkong hehe :) the best time to go for me is november to february. we went in May last time, and medjo malamig parin

i havent been to sg, but my sister said its a lot like hongkong na mas mahal pa ng konti :)

hope that helps :)

bluez

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 04:10:43 pm »
 :) for me no. 1 ang hongkong been there 2008 dami pasyalan, the best
ang disneyland and dami din places for shopping
sosyal ang aiport nila... Like ko mga street foods grabe
ang sasarap promise

 No. 2 singapore  2010 kami nagtour sobrang disciplined mga tao dito
dali lang makapunta sa mga attractions, mababait mga
cab drivers and di mahirap makipag communicate

 No. 3 thailand  2011 trip namin sa bkk ok sya parang nasa pinas ka din
kahawig natin mga thai, spoiled mga pinoy sa mga thai
mga pinoy kc umuubos ng mga paninda nila hehe
type ko din airport nila para kang nasa mall
love ko tiangge and food lalu na fruits

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 05:07:23 pm »
#1 Hongkong - May 3 kids ako all under 7yrs old kaya I'm sure mag eenjoy sila sa Disneyland!
#2 Singapore - May Universal Studio naman sila so pwede rin pang kids pero parang pang older kids ito.
#3 Bangkok - Shopping!!!

purpleish

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 05:25:47 pm »
HongKong - visited: 3 times ..there so many things to do :D
Singapore - visited: 2 times ...more classy 8) i love marina bay sands
Thailand - visited: 1 time ...1997 pa last punta ko dito, will re-visit this soon ;)

winner pa den ang HK :-*

_pink12_

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 11:22:17 am »
Same rankings with purpleish...

Hong Kong is my no. 1. Been there 3 times and we'll be going back on November. Para kasing every visit, HK has something new.

SG, been there twice pa lang. Mahal nga lang ang hotels.

Thailand, been here 9 or 10 years ago? Ayoko na bumalik kasi parang Pinas lang din naman. And if I want to shop for their trendy clothes, punta na lang ako ng 168. :D

esor

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 11:35:38 am »
been to HK, SG & BKK - I enjoyed my tour sa lahat ^_^

Singapore - like other sisses says, super safe here , been here for 9 days solo trip! Enjoyed USS so much, ang daming pwedeng puntahan sa SG na super ma eenjoy ng kids and adults like Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, Jurong Bird Park syempre USS ^_^

HK - syempre Disneyland and I enjoyed riding crystal cable car! conquer my fear!!!  ;D

BKK - ayun super sarap mag shopping dito! Nag enjoy talaga ko mag shopping dito as in  ;D

I'll be back in Singapore this September! Excited for Transformers The Ride :)

alexandrea

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE, BANGKOK, HONGKONG?
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 04:13:13 pm »
Been to all three. My choices are:

Bangkok
Hong Kong
Singapore

Bangkok -- I love this place for the street food and cheap prices.
Hong Kong -- Okay din ang food dito, and the places. Pero I prefer shopping in Bangkok kaya #2 lang HK for me.
Singapore -- Once is enough for me. Hindi ko na siya feel balikan. Mahal pa mga bilihin.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close