watch now

Author Topic: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)  (Read 61665 times)

thesoloist

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2011, 04:17:39 am »
is it possible na hanapan ako ng employer ng papa ko na nasa virginia once i pass the nclex exam?

morbiedoll

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2011, 04:57:04 am »
^ may hiring freeze kasi ngayon specially sa foreign nurses, so even if mahanapan ka ng employer after you pass the exam, the processing will take a bit of a wait.  :(

----
On another news.

may bagong bill na sinusuggest, yung congress: emergency bill H.R. 1933 - to bring in foreign nurses to relieve the nursing shortage. Although nung May-June pa ata siya inopen, wala parin decision hanggang ngayon kasi maraming local nurses ang nag ooppose. Kasi pati New Grads dito nahihirapan maghanap ng trabaho... because of again, the hiring freeze.

pretty_in_victorian

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2011, 11:36:33 pm »
^ ok lang sila eh andami kayang walang work na RN na..

soulace

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2011, 11:47:35 pm »
I am a nurse since 2006.. now jobless... I am looking for a nursing job and yet I don't have luck... kahit volunteer hirap maghanap.. please enlighten me mga sis..

princessee

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2011, 11:53:48 pm »
I wasnt able to read back but I heard from a friend that there will be more job opportunities in the US come 2015. I dont know where she got it but she said that the healthcare sector is actually waiting for the "age of baby-boomers". By 2015 daw, those who were born to increase the US population a few decades back will reach the age of 60 or above, hence needing more healthcare workers to look after them. Yay Geria! :P

maika14

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2011, 12:08:49 am »
^ yep, yay geria! :) talaga daw? pero madami ng kumukuha ng nursing course sa US. By that time, graduate na sila. ano na bang priority date sa ngayon for those affected by retrogression?

pretty_in_victorian

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2011, 12:20:09 am »
^ ayoko ng geriatrics mas gusto ko ng pediatrics.. dream ko ma assign sa NICU..

neonprincess

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2011, 12:29:54 am »
i know someone na RN [textspeak!] sa States since 2006 pa, right now, she's jobless. when recession happened, na-cut [textspeak!] hours nya sa hospital, until nawalan na sya ng job. kahit local nurses ngayon nahi2rapan na maghanap ng job, and i think priority na ngayon ang mga local graduates.

princessee

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2011, 12:09:36 pm »
Actually medyo nagkakagulo din ang ilang healthcare institutions sa US. Some hospitals are even planning to hold a strike. Hirap din talaga ang US ngayon . Maybe we should find other countries to penetrate or other fields to specialize on while waiting..

Btw, I'm sharing passed on info lang. Student-nurse pa lang po ako eh. Hehe.

thesoloist

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2011, 07:14:36 pm »
^ganun ba sis. balak ko pa naman kumuha ng nclex next year.

neonprincess

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2011, 01:29:33 am »
recession kasi ngayon dito that's why pati health care field affected na din. my cousin is here in the US and she took her nclex already and passed it. But then, no luck in finding work, she will go back there in PI next week and try to go to my aunt in Australia, magbabaka-sakali sya na makahanap ng work dun. Dito kasi sa States, priority nila ngayon ang local graduates since it's recession and  hospitals will save more money, nagda-down sized din kasi sila. 

baby_maryen

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2011, 08:25:34 pm »
I think 22DEC05 na yung latest PD for Nov 2011 under Employment category (3rd class), which is us, skilled workers.. I just took the nclex exam last friday and still hoping and praying that I'll pass said exam. I did the Pearsonvue trick and got a good pop-up. Has anyone tried it and indeed pass? I just read it on allnurses forum. So out of curiosity, I have tried it.. Keeping my fingers crossed and sana pumasa nga. I dunno if its a waste of money to pursue US pa. Kasi yung tita ko na nurse in LA is the one who financed my exam, I dunno is its right to get ielts and proceed to visa screen then maghanap ng magsponsor (kung meron man) to file ng petition kasi retrogression nga and from the looks of it, I will be waiting for 7-8 more years... haaayyyy... sooo sad! kelan ba magiging current yang visa na yan! On the lighter note, I just started my volunteer training in one of Manila's tertiary hospital. Grabe! after  2 years of waiting, sa wakas, tinawagan din ako.. all along I thought end na ang nursing career ko. I have worked in a law firm for almost 3 years, kakahintay sa mga tawag ng hospital, I even had the thought na mag law school na lang at mag change ng career.. but I think nursing is for me.. Napahaba na yung post ko, sana ma lift na yung retro!! back on my q's, would you think its practical pa to get ielts and visa screen sa lagay ng US ngayon?

morbiedoll

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2011, 12:54:09 pm »
^ I did the PearsonVue Trick got the good pop up and passed.  ;) also, if you're planning to endorse to California, be warned that they have recent changes in their evaluating scheme, maraming pilipino na new nclex takers have been told na they lack certaing psych nursing hours.

I can say that it's not THAT bad (although it definitely CAN be better), at least where I live (SoCal) There's still jobs in nursing facilities, dialysis centers, cancer clinics, derm clinics and hospice care, even home health ngayon booming specially for differently-abled children and psych nursing laging may opening. The thing is though, yung mga tao dito gusto hospital agad, gusto level 1 Trauma center agad, that's where the problem rises, dun nag gigitgitan yung mga tao, that's where the competition is and more importantly ----> andun ang hiring freeze. I am a Pedia nurse in LA County and I still do part time home health. Hey whatever pays the bills and then some diba? haha. I noticed na yun nga, hmmmmmm local graduates here do NOT want those areas. Kaya most of the time CNA's and LVN's are employed there, syempre happy employers kasi they pay them less. haha

the 2015 prediction, I doubt it, schools here are churning out 150+++ new grads per semester season, fall and spring and with the advent of totally eradicating LVNs and bridging LVN's to RN's lalaki nanaman ang total population ng RNs. And people are smarter today, instead of hiring nurses, they hire illegals as caregivers and pay them $100/day (no tax na). hehe.

craziestqueenever

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2011, 02:14:15 am »
Hi fellow Nurses! I'm a RN December 2010 board  passer. kawawa naman talaga tayong mga nurses. Planning to study again but not related sa nursing. Sad reality andami na nating mga nurses

kuliglig^^

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2011, 03:45:03 pm »
Hi sisses! :) RN here. Nov 2008 passer. :) Pero I have been working in review centers and language institutes for almost three years now.

Hirap kasi maghanap ng nursing-related work eh.

morbiedoll

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2011, 01:33:39 pm »
^ at least you have a job,  ;D my other batch mates are still bumming. yung iba nag med school na.. yung iba, nasa pyramid networking gigs..

i must say, that there are jobs here. it's getting here (legally) that's a challenge.

kuliglig^^

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2011, 06:11:14 pm »
^ Yeah sis, yung iba nasa med school na.. Sometimes I feel envious, kasi they can afford that (financially and time wise). Feeling ko parang sana di na lang ako nagNursing. :(

ettevyvi

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2011, 02:00:02 am »
Ako naman working for a year pero ayaw na ata magwork sa ospital? Hehe. I know I'm lucky but I think  nursing is not really my forte.

morbiedoll

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2011, 11:41:34 am »
^ sabi ng preceptor ko if I have to drag myself to work or I dread working on my shift, just drop it before I make myself miserable haha.

It's true kasi nursing takes a lot of emotional control haha especially sa mga demanding patients na kala mo anlake ng pinapasweldo. It took me a while before I found my footing sa nursing, I worked in med-surg and dreeeeaaadeeeeed to go work for 12hrs 3x/week. I went to telemetry and cannot handle the mortality on the floor. Then I found nicu and everything just clicked and meshed well together but even after working more than a year I am still learning a lot.

princessee

  • Guest
Re: GirlTalkers na RNs and Student Nurses (Part 2)
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2011, 03:38:14 pm »
Hi sissies, I was asked to organize a seminar for my batchmates but I really don't have any idea on what topic I should prepare for. Please help sisters. At this point in time, do you have anything in mind related to the nursing field which you find interesting? Or  is there any recent seminar that amused you? Thank you very much po! :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close