Author Topic: TAKING UP MASTER'S DEGREE  (Read 268881 times)

ladylucille

• boom boom pow!
  • GirlTalker
TAKING UP MASTER'S DEGREE
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:10:57 pm »
Hey Sisses,

I was searching thru forums here for a subject about further studies or Master's Degree and sadly I found none.  :(

Anyway, I'm planning to take up my masters at UP Diliman.  I would like to know if anyone here has taken their admission exam or entrance exam in UP Diliman?  How's the exam? Was it difficult?

Today more and more women found themselves stucked with jobs that they don't really like or because no other company hires them.  For some they're just simply "bored".  Especially when you reach age 30++ and the only qualification you have is your graduate degree. 

Taking up a Master's Degree can elevate your chances of getting the job you've always wanted.  It can also widen your network. For 30++ ladies and are still single.. You can meet MR RIGHT here. :)

For me, my reasons were:
1.  I'm bored with my current work.  No matter how hard I put heart into it I just can't, I stay here because the pay is good.  ;)
2.  I want to keep the engine running.  Reading books isn't enough for me.
3.  To meet new friends and widen my network.  I might just get a new job because my classmate is a scion of a multi national company!!  8)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:13:23 pm by ladylucille »
I can only give you love that lasts forever,
And a promise to be near each time you call.
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
That's all,
That's all...

mikaela_trisha

• I'm an engineer
Re: TAKING UP MASTER'S DEGREE
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 02:44:57 pm »
hi! admission in UP for graduate studie depends on what course you want to take. As far as I know, MBA in UP have comprehensive exam and it's tri-sem and Engineering graduate courses have no exam, they only have to evaluate your transcript of records. What course are you planning to take up?

ladylucille

• boom boom pow!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:51:40 pm »
hi! admission in UP for graduate studie depends on what course you want to take. As far as I know, MBA in UP have comprehensive exam and it's tri-sem and Engineering graduate courses have no exam, they only have to evaluate your transcript of records. What course are you planning to take up?

Hi Sis,

I'm thinking of Master of Public Management specializing in Public Policy and Program Administration (PPPA).  Do they have weekend classes lang? or evening classes?
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
That's all,
That's all...

mikaela_trisha

• I'm an engineer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 03:20:47 pm »
hmm.. di ko alam kung paano admission sa field na gusto mo.. better yet inquire mo na lang.  ;)
yes they have classes on weekends and most classes on weekdays starts at 4 pm and last class ends at 8 pm

ladylucille

• boom boom pow!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:56:39 pm »
Thanks sis!!

You know any international school for masters? 

I'm working in a non-government organization with focus on refugees and illegally displaced people.  So I'm actually more interested sa degree that has something to do with these subjects.
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
That's all,
That's all...

denxa_1

• Living the Beautiful Life
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 07:01:23 pm »
Hi sis! So glad someone actually made a forum re: further studies.

re: UP Postgraduate Program, yup, like what our fellow gtalkers said, depende sa college. so better call/ visit the admissions office and yung college mismo. sa NCPAG ba yung college ng PPPA?

good luck to us!  :)

Chinito

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Forever is a lie..everything is a transitory
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 04:16:53 pm »
Hi everyone,

glad to hear most women nowadays are thinkin of a different agenda to work on other than being vain with their skins.  ;D @ Ladylucille- with regards to your choice of path; "Public management" is somewhat part of our curriculums in Ateneo, you can check it in our website. and check the elective subjects, better yet . do some research on the mid managers program that ateneo offers.

have fun... ;D
there's no such thing as destiny and fate.. it is a big lie...

ladylucille

• boom boom pow!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 05:12:29 pm »
@Chinito,

Can you send me the link to Ateneo's site? Confused ako kung saan ko makikita mga offers ng Ateneo sa internet eh.

TIA!
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
That's all,
That's all...

jeia

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »
for those who want to take masters degree abroad with scholarship, try searching erasmus mundus, daad, full bright and vlir-uos.

pomegranate

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 08:52:57 pm »
^ thanks for the helpful info.

I'm actually eyeing a university in Singapore kaso it is P400k per sem. Needless to say di ko kakayanin.

What do you mean ba with non-degree doctoral enrichment or doctoral dissertation research?

summerster

• summer summer time...
  • GirlTalker
  • walking on sunshine
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 09:36:55 pm »
thanks mga sis sa infos namomotivate na ako lalo na magtake ng masteral. super desire ko talaga as in matagal na financial problem lang kaya di matuloy tuloy and not earning enough din to finance my own masteral degree.. kaya go go go! madami pa iba way.

marie05

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 03:29:52 pm »

is this true sis? engineering graduates will no longer take the exam? so sayang talaga i should've apply this coming school year. anyway, if i want to take MPA or MPM, same din sa MBA na walang exam?

Chinito

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 02:56:50 pm »
@ladylucille- check it at: http://www.gsb.ateneo.edu/index.php

according to my friend who recently pass UPMAT , medyo masa limuot daw ang math area ng exam.
add to that is the reasoning exam which you need to read a long essay then choose the better answer. time is medyo acceptable naman according to him.. and you'll be interviewed once you got an average grade sa exams.
while sa ateneo the exam is more on english comprehension and a little of statistics questions lang.but theyre very strict sa time. as far as i could remember, 240 question lahat. 2 part. given a 160 mins. it means you need 0.66 secs to answer 1 question...  ;D

diwata

• Never spend money that you don't have yet. - Thomas Jefferson
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I love me!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 04:34:59 am »
Ako din, lagi napupurnada plan ko mag-MA. My goal was before I reach the age of 30 dapat taposna ako mag-MA. I'm turning 28 this year, mukhang hindi ko na maa-achieve iyon unless I go full time which I cannot afford.

On top of that parang ayaw ko na magturo... Hay. Habang tumatagal lalo ako nagiging confused. But my original plan is to take MA SPED at UP Diliman.
"Love requires one to be strong." - Leo Buscaglia (Love)

geotolentino

• Probationary
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 08:37:14 am »
@ladylucille- check it at: http://www.gsb.ateneo.edu/index.php

according to my friend who recently pass UPMAT , medyo masa limuot daw ang math area ng exam.
add to that is the reasoning exam which you need to read a long essay then choose the better answer. time is medyo acceptable naman according to him.. and you'll be interviewed once you got an average grade sa exams.
while sa ateneo the exam is more on english comprehension and a little of statistics questions lang.but theyre very strict sa time. as far as i could remember, 240 question lahat. 2 part. given a 160 mins. it means you need 0.66 secs to answer 1 question...  ;D

Have you passed?
How expensive?

Chinito

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 02:00:37 pm »
yes i made it..  ;D

rhumbafrapp

• Super GirlTalker
  • Vaaaaiiiin!
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 03:29:56 pm »
Right now i am taking up my master's degree at UP-Manila. Just finished my 1st year, 10 units lang. Slow yun track ko, kasi, i am really undecided pa,i have several options kasi din. Anyway, to those wanting to take up master's but hesitant kasi sa "age", don't be! may mga classmates ako 50+ years old pa nga e. Meron pa yata 60. It's never too late to learn =)

noemi86

• I'm a Christ Follower, Lovely Daughter, Sweet Friend ♪ I LOVE BESTFRIEND JC! =D
  • GirlTalker
  • ♥ I thank God for everything! ♥
    • Multiply Account
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 08:29:21 am »
anong courses ang gusto nyo itake for masteral degree? and what school?
Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

halloweencake

• Probationary
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 03:51:06 pm »
yes dipende sa course. Like sa case ko, I'm taking up MA Urban and Regional Planning. May entrance examination na related sa Urban planning, then i-assess nila kung qulaified ka, syempre kailangan din pasado ka sa exam. May cases din na may interview pa. Try to see kung ano ang curriculum ng papasukan mo na school, kasi kung may ladderized program sila pwede ka muna kumuha nung core subjects and you get a diploma which is a plus point din sa credentials mo, then if you have decided to take master's degree na,  take a few more units then you're done with MA. It's your choice kung itutuloy mo sa MA. Syempre gusto natin na hindi tayo sasablay sa academics at lalong di tayo sasablay sa work. Usually kasi yung mga nag m-MA na kakilala ko, di nila natutuloy dahil sa work kaya sayang yung mga natake nilang units. Good thing sa school namin pag natapos na yung diploma pwede na, then ipagpatuloy nalang sa MA kung may time and money na. Ladderized system is good for graduate studies para sa mga may work and would like to study pa. Good luck!  :)

a_y_e_n

• I'm on PMS (Purchasing More Shoes) mode. i love being a newbie mommy and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • a girl can never have too many shoes!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 03:43:00 pm »
i had mine naman sa DLSU-manila. ms pyschology major in i/o psych. at first sobrang sipag ko, nung nagtagal na, tinamad na ako at ayaw ko na ata tapusin yun. 4 subjects nalang thesis na ako. pero ayaw ko na ata talaga.
there once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her HEART
http://kerenkeng.blogspot.com/
http://mylomolove.blogspot.com/

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close