Author Topic: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?  (Read 31412 times)

fredprinz

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2014, 03:23:49 pm »
Aside from drinking a lot, getting wasted and crying all the time? You find a new hobby and discover new stuff. :)

iamlili

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2014, 04:03:56 pm »
ALWAYS keep yourself busy! Ako I always read then sometimes play games. Of course meeting new people helps too.

fredprinz

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2014, 06:26:19 am »
What books do you read, Lili?

Yeah, meeting other people helps, indeed. I started traveling after several years of trying to move on, best decision I made in my life. =D

tisaygirl123

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2014, 09:05:51 am »
Go out, and go out and go out.  :)

iamlili

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2014, 04:05:53 pm »
fredprinz Iba iba bro hehe. Hobby ko na talaga mag read kaya lang ever since I got busy halos no time for it na. I read articles here sa net, reviews, about certain topics lol.

Traveling solo is good. Though haven't tried it yet. Pero ang tagal ko nang plan yan gawin.

Jingaling

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2015, 08:18:10 pm »
first few days, iyak lang. iiyak mo lang lahat.. hanggang sa mamaga mata mo, ok lang yun. ikwento mo rin ng ikwento para kapag paulit ulit na.. magsasawa at mapapagod na lang din.

kapag ok ok ka na... lahat ng pinuntahan nyo together, or lahat ng ginagawa nyo together.. try to do it alone. para yung last memory mo sa place or sa something na yun.. is yung mag isa ka or say with friends at hindi yung last memory with him. marerealize mo rin, kaya mo pala gawin ng mag isa yun. at higit sa lahat..kapag babalik ka na sa lugar na yun or gagawin mo yung routine na yun, d mo na masyadong maalala na sya yung kasama mo and ul have happy memories on it.  :)

djctapalla23

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2015, 09:26:03 am »
In my younger years, I cry for weeks, nagLast pa ng months then minsan akala ko ok na ako pero maTrigger lang ng sad movies (like One More Chance) e iiyak na naman ako. Then I watch funny movies & naging fave ko ang Scott Pilgrim vs. The World starring Michael Cera so after a breakup, kaysa sirain ko atay ko sa alak (my OTC meds can do that for me LOL) e ito na ang pinapanuod ko. It takes away the pain & there are moments in the movie where you'll be taught that self-respect is more important than love. Basta siguro watch the movie na lang then you'll all get it.
Nung medyo nagkaedad na ako, I just cry again, briefly this time then PRAY. Ito yung hindi ko ginagawa before e. NagNovena ako kay St. Jude tapos isinasama ko sa prayers ko na i-guide ako ni Lord to making the right choices in life and to the right man for me. Hindi naman Niya ako binigo. After that breakup, I stayed positive as I regained control of my life. I got a part-time job (which I no longer report to as of today) then a full-time job. I also met my man, my fiance & we'll be tying the knot next year. Sorry for the lengthy post.

pumpkin13

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2015, 12:53:04 am »
I kept myself busy with work and other people outside of our relationship. I did a lot of catching-up, especially with friends and family. While doing this, I realized I had forgotten that I was in the moving-on phase. It felt like I did those things because I enjoyed them, because I missed out on a lot of things during my almost 3-year relationship. The pain caused by the breakup just suddenly subsided until I could no longer feel it. What was supposed to be a conscious effort to adjust and let go and move on turned out to be something I loved to do.

Sometimes I see my ex's pictures on FB when tagged by our common friends. And I'd just think, "Okay, eto na pala buhay nya ngayon. Okay, pumunta sila dun, pumunta sila dito, they did this and that." And it doesn't matter. It has no effect on me anymore. I just think that, he's still with the same people, which isn't really bad, but I'm glad the breakup did me something good, even something better, because I get to have the chance to be with people who treat me better, who make me happy.

So while moving on, just keep yourself occupied with good things in life. Be with the people who appreciate you and can make you happy. And most of all, find the happiness within you. :)

Miss Taken

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2015, 04:12:06 am »
I've always been strong when it comes to relationships. Maybe because I already felt how painful it was when we discovered my dad's infidelity so it's easy for me to let go of someone when I realized that it's just not meant to be.

My ex and I have been together for 7 years since I was 14 y/o and all of my relatives and friends described him as the "ideal man." But I fell out of love. It was totally unexpected and although I tried my best to saved what was left of my feelings for him, I just couldn't continue anymore. A month after I ended our relationship, my current bf and I have been officially together and we'll be celebrating our second anniversary soon.

I'm the type of girl who moves on by being in another relationship. It might not work for others but that's the way it is for me.

teambdc

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2015, 06:56:18 pm »
i'll dye my hair tomorrow! for a change!  :) :)

akosimaiatot

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2015, 04:53:01 am »
Some thoughts to ponder :

Have you been dumped, betrayed or left so heartbroken that you didn't ever want to love again? Are you still stuck on an ex and don't know how to move on? And how do you know when it's time to let go and look for love somewhere else?

If you're "the other woman" who's waiting for a man to leave his lover, don't waste your time. "If he'll do it with you, he'll do it to you," Dr. Phil says. The man you want lacks integrity and can't make a commitment.

Are your standards too low? Dr. Phil asks a guest who's waiting around for a man that's let her down time and again: "What is it about you that causes you to settle for somebody that you know will cheat on you, know will lie to you, know will make a commitment and then break it? What is it about you that you believe about yourself that you're willing to settle for that?" Recognize that you're settling and that you deserve more. Set a higher standard for yourself.

Does he really even make you happy? Be honest with yourself about the extent to which he's really meeting your needs. Chances are you're longing for the relationship that you wish it could be, and that you want to be in love with the person you wish he was. Dr. Phil reminds a guest: "There are times when you break up with somebody and you start missing them and you start thinking about all the good things. And then you're back with them for about 10 minutes and you go 'Oh yeah! Now I remember why I hate you!'" Don't kid yourself about what it was really like or glorify the past.

Don't wait around because you think he's going to change. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, so the chance that he's going to ride in on his white horse and do the right thing is pretty slim. Dr. Phil explains, "To the extent that there's some history, you don't have to speculate, you just have to measure."

Don't put your life on hold. Every minute you spend focusing on your ex is a minute that's holding you back from a better future. Dr. Phil tells his guest, "As long you are obsessed on this guy, you will never put your heart, soul and mind into getting your life in order and starting another relationship if you want one." Set some goals and start putting your life back together.

Ask yourself: Are you hiding in the relationship so you don't have to face the reality of being on your own? Don't stay with someone because it's comfortable and safe. It may seem more secure, but it's not healthy for you and it certainly won't help you get to a better place. Why would you want to settle and waste your life away just to avoid getting back in the game?

Be clear with him. "You've got to say not just 'no,' but 'hell no,'" Dr. Phil tells his guest. "'Get out of my life. Stay away from me. Don't call me.'" If you live together, it's time to move out, or you may need to change your phone number. Dr. Phil reiterates: "Do what you have to do." If the circumstances are more complicated or severe, you may need to get a lawyer in order to get child support or to hold him accountable for any other outstanding issues.

Don't hold all men responsible for the mistake your ex made. Why should he pay for the sins of someone else who may have wronged you?

Learn to trust again — by trusting yourself. Dr. Phil tells a man who's having a hard time letting women back into his life: "Trust is not about how much you trust one person or another to do right or wrong. How much you trust another person is a function of how much you trust yourself to be strong enough to deal with their imperfections." Have enough faith in yourself to be able to put yourself on the line with someone, without any guarantee of what will happen next. If you're playing the game with sweaty palms, it's because you're afraid of what you can or can't do, or dealing with your own imperfections — it's not about the other person.

Know that you will get hurt if you're in a relationship. There is no perfect person without flaws. Even a well-intended guy is going to hurt his partner. He's going to hurt your feelings. He's going to say things that you don't want him to say. He's going to do things you wish he wouldn't do and not do things you wish he would do. A relationship is an imperfect union between two willing spirits who say, ''I'd rather be in a relationship and share my life, share my joys, share my fun, share my activities, share my life than do it alone." If you want to be in a relationship, know that getting hurt comes with the territory. You just have to decide that you are durable enough, that you have enough confidence in yourself that you can handle it.

Don't invest more than you can afford to lose. While it's important to move forward, you need to take things one step at a time. Don't put so much out there that you'll be emotionally bankrupt if things go south.

Don't beat yourself up. You got through your last experience, you've learned from it, and now it's time to move forward. Dr. Phil tells his guest, "You'll move on and be a champion in your next endeavor as you did in your past ... Life is not a success-only journey. You are going to get beat up along the way."

Focus on yourself. All of us come into relationships with baggage, but you need to have closure on past experiences before you can start a new relationship with the odds in your favor. Dr. Phil tells a guest who's had trouble with her father, her brother and two previous husbands: "Unless and until you've figured out everything you've got to figure out about that and you get closure, you will never come into a relationship with a fresh and clean heart and mind and expectancy and attitude." You're probably not ready to get into another relationship until you heal the wounds of your past.

Listen to what he's saying. If he's telling you that you want different things out of life and there's no way you can work as a couple, don't turn his words around into what you want to hear. He's being quite clear.

Know the statistics. Dr. Phil tells a guest who's waiting for her ex to come around: "There's a 50/50 chance a marriage is going to work if both people are head over heels in love, passionate and willing to climb the mountain, swim the river and slay the dragon to get to each other. That's with everybody crazy in love and running toward each other in that field that we see in the commercials. The problem you've got here is he's running the other way in the field! So if it's 50/50 when you're running toward each other, what do you think it is when the other person is running out of the field and hiding in the woods?"

mysterioza_me

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2015, 11:03:43 am »
>i go out with my friends
>out of town trips (i love beaches)
>kumain
>I tend to sleep a lot than the normal maybe because of stress

TomHansen

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2015, 12:29:24 pm »
Watch 500 Days of Summer...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:46:30 pm by TomHansen »

ravena

  • Guest
Re: What do you do, while moving on with your breakup?
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2015, 10:44:56 pm »
no contact rule ako..

focus lang sa family and work.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close