watch now

Author Topic: starting a new career at 30  (Read 49857 times)

Angelite

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2014, 12:47:15 am »
I think it is easier for IT related jobs na magchange ng career even at 30 yrs old. Hindi gaanong namimili ng edad ang IT jobs.

Better change career now since kaya pa kesa naman you stick with your current career kahit hindi ka masaya. 30 years pa bubunuin mo bago ka magretire. You don't want to spend 30years of your career in misery.

JillB.

  • Guest
Re: At 37 is it late too change companies?
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2014, 09:02:25 pm »
Yes I would say it's a bit late to change companies- that is if you're thinking of WORKING for someone else or some other firm.  But you don't have to work for other people.  You can be your own boss.  You said you are going to have a retirement money?  Then use it wisely to build your own career, your own enterprise.  All it takes is a sheer amount of determination, self-assessment and research on your planned business.  Just my two cents...

mrsonthego

  • Guest
Changing Jobs In Your 30's
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2014, 01:04:23 pm »
Hello guys! Meron ba sa inyong naka experience na lumipat ng ibang company in you 30's after working more than five years in your company?

That's my situation now. 34 nako, seven years na sa company. Akala ko dito nako mag reretire. Napaka unfair, lalo na sa salary, hindi pwedeng hindi ko malaman, dahil sa accounting ako, nakikita ko range ng salaries ng ibang staff. Nag stay lang ako matagal dahil parang family ko na rin mga friends ko dito, iisa kami ng hinaing. Marami pa kong ayaw dito, at isa rin sa mga reasons why I'm still here ay dahil isang tumbling lang from house. Hay, ano gagawin ko.....

+arte20+

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2015, 02:14:58 pm »
I've been with the company for 7 years & 2 months pero I still chose to resigned at the age of 30 and try my luck in a BPO company. Simply because they offered much better compensation and benefits. Although my current company offered me a salary increase, I still declined kasi alam ko matagal na naman bago tumaas ulit sweldo ko (last increase was 3-4 years ago). So suntok talaga sa buwan kasi from Accountant eh I'll be a Data Management Analyst na wala pa akong idea masyado. Siguro I'll just have some experience with their system tapos papalipat ako sa Payroll para somehow related pa din sa course ko.

Wish me luck mga sis sana it's not too late for...  :'(

rlyn27

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2015, 02:12:13 pm »
9 yrs ako sa company pinag trabahuan ko ...at 34 yrs old na ako...
 today ibibigay ko naang resignation letter ko sobra hindi na talaga ako healthy dito overload ang task ko tapos ang sahod ko grabe hindi makatao...

at habang naka terminal leave ako maghanap ako ng bago wrk..
wish ko lang makahanap agad ako ....

+arte20+

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2015, 03:28:46 pm »
^ano work mo sis? you may want to work in a BPO company as well?

missreese

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2015, 11:02:44 pm »
i'm already 31, working on BPO for more than 6 years na. Nararamdaman  ko na yung pumapasok na lang ako for the sake of sahod kasi [breadwinner]. Ayoko na mag work sa BPO.. di naman na ako agent pero parang mas di ko gusto yung ginagawa ko ngayon.. Di tulad na agent ako performance ko lang problema ko.. ngayon sa support.. puro adhoc task.. nakakapagod.

17glut

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2015, 01:17:04 am »
i'm already 31, working on BPO for more than 6 years na. Nararamdaman  ko na yung pumapasok na lang ako for the sake of sahod kasi [breadwinner]. Ayoko na mag work sa BPO.. di naman na ako agent pero parang mas di ko gusto yung ginagawa ko ngayon.. Di tulad na agent ako performance ko lang problema ko.. ngayon sa support.. puro adhoc task.. nakakapagod.

Since breadwinner ka kamo tuloy mo lang ginagawa mo, tyagain mo na lang until something better comes along. Wala ka rin choice, it's either that or nothing.

I used to be an ex- CC yuppie myself and after more than 7 years in the CC LOB I decided to call it quits and stay away from the cc life for good.

Best decision I've ever made... atleast now, no more wrinkly eyes to worry about ;D

missreese

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2015, 05:30:27 am »
ganun na nga.. pero try ko na din mag apply.. yung cousin ko galing din CC pero mas pinili nyang mag work sa pldt kahit under agency lang.. gusto nya kasi ng normal na buhay lalo may anak na sya.

+arte20+

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2015, 08:38:01 am »
^sis anong position mo sa BPO? kinabahan naman ako dun baka magsisi din ako bakit nagresign pa ako sa work ko dito.  :-\

maryjoy2014

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2015, 03:10:33 pm »
I'm 34 now. I started to change my career into social media marketing (from accountant) last year. I am now a freelancer/virtual assistant

17glut

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2015, 06:49:52 am »
Call center: Abandon hope, all ye who enter here

It isn't really for everyone. Sa ganung line of work, everyone - and i mean, EVERYONE is disposable.

To put it plainly - call center will be your hell on earth so think long and hard before you apply for one.



zelda

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2015, 08:43:32 am »
Smae boat with other pips here. I'm turning 31 this year, and now lang siguro ako nagkalakas ng loob na magdecide to call it quits sa trabaho ko.  ;) The pay is good. It allowed me to enjoy yun typical na ginagawa ng mga tao in their 20s. But last March, I decided to get another copy of my TOR, and one of the staff asked me, "Nagtuturo ka na ba? Or, plan mo mag-Masters na?" It hit me. It was my dream to teach, ewan ko anong nangyari. It must be the pay.

Now I've got the same fear na baka it might be too late. But yun I'm planning to take professional teaching units para makakuha ng license (if God wills). Siguro maswerte lang ako na di ako breadwinner and my siblings have "high-paying" jobs. But still I have that fear na baka ma-reject kahit super willing ako na magstart sa baba to gain teaching experience. Iniisip ko na lang, walang mali sa pagtatama ng buhay mo. Hays.

lovely_carrot

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2015, 01:34:24 pm »
I'm turning 34 this year, 3 years na ko sa company ko this coming June but I'm leaving na din by next month. I was recently hired in Sharjah, UAE. Sugal talaga itong gagawin ko, first time akong magaabroad, first time ko sa isang internatonal chain hotel pero okay lang. Lakasan lang ng loob, besides, never pa naman ako nagsisi sa pagsunod sa gut feeling ko esp pagdating sa career. Lahat kasi ng decisions ko sa career, base lang sa pakiramdam and faith kay Lord.

carlavinoya

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2015, 07:38:55 pm »
That's in my bucket list na when I get 30 eh mag start na ako ng new career. I'm an agent sa IBEX Global, and happy naman ako for now, pero syempre gusto ko din minsan ng change yung pang permanent na. Kaya mag sesave muna ako tapos baka mag business ako :)

missreese

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2015, 01:09:42 am »
hi sis arte --  back office ako dati, pero ngayon as reporting analyst na... i must say di ito yung gusto ko hehe. wala akong tyaga mag aral ng excel or magcode ng vba etc.

kung single ka naman sis, wala naman problem kung mag call center ka pero if may anak ka na think twice kasi sa CC di pwede basta mag absent ng ganun ganun na lang lalo na sa calls.

yinandyang

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2015, 10:53:07 pm »
Im 32 and jobless right now. I worked in marketing and I'm honestly not motivated kaya I'm not doign well. At first I thought it was the company, but eventually it is starting to become a pattern na ayoko na after a few months. pumpasok lang ako for the money.

I was enjoying it in the first few years of my life kaya akala ko ito na career ko. pero parang hindi na kasi it's not working for me.

i hope the online jobs will keep me afloat muna while i reassess where to bring my a** next


king patrick

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2015, 02:03:50 pm »
Hello and great day to all.

I've interviewed and hired people from different ages.  I can say that some of the people I've hired turned out to be very successful.  I think attitude plays a big role in the transition.  By the way, I work as the Sales and Ops Manager of a leading investment and insurance company.

Some individuals we've hired are manager's already after only two years and they are soo happy.  Really, the key is have the best attitude towards work, be mindful of the thoughts one puts in their head and having the right goal.  Skills can be learned. Challenges come and go.  Achieving/exceeding targets or NOT, are normal.  Putting events in the right perspective is key.

Shylambert

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2015, 06:54:27 pm »
I believe it's never too late to do something that you really want basta may eagerness ka lang na gawin iyon. My best friend started working abroad when she turned 30. My co-worker started working in formal school when she turned 30. In my case, I will try my luck next year. Kaya ngayon, training2 muna para mas may laban. :)

airwaterfire

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2015, 12:34:41 pm »
11 years in private. Soon lilipat na sa Govenment.

New life
New environment
New challenges

33 years old here.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close