watch now

Author Topic: starting a new career at 30  (Read 49873 times)

PinKisH_23

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 08:38:10 pm »
I hope it's not too late din for me. Been in the call center industry for 6 years then 3 years online, now gusto ko bumalik sa corporate world pero abroad. Sana may mahanap ako before I turn 32 next year.

a_y_e_n

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 10:58:22 pm »
^pareho tayo sis. 6 years na din ako sa call center. tapos parang gusto ko din bumalik sa field ko (HR). nagmasteral pa ko nun pero fi ko na tinapos, sayang nga at 3 subjecs nalang for thesis nako. nagdadalawang isip lang ako bumalik sa HR fiels since 1) mas mababa sweldo sa HR unlike yung call center agent ka and 2) malamang entry level ako makuha (clerk or assistant)

twix

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 11:33:14 pm »
oh!  it topic i can relate too pwede pa ba ako dito at age of 30's hehe...i hope its not too late din for me i worked for 7 years in construction firm and almost a year SAHM, minsan nga naisip ko nalang I put up my own business kaya lang wala naman capital. hay! i hope its not to late kung ano man ang mga plans ko this year. :)

Ms.Cacao70%

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 02:36:45 am »
our age should never define who we are and what we are capable of  ;) nakakainis lang talaga sa pinas dahil merong age requirement. ewan ko ba! dito naman, wala namang ganyan. kahit nga picture mo hindi nila hinihingi. basta resume, resume lang ng work history.

and if you plan to change career or study again, why not? if philippines cannot offer you that, then go abroad! sinong tinakot nila  >:( but if you want to start a business, then this is the best time to do it. yung hindi ka pa masyadong ma-edad at hindi ka naman sobrang bata. ito ang tamang edad dahil may experience ka na, mature ka na kaya kung ano mang obstacles ang dumating, ready ka na.

Dido

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 10:39:49 am »
Ako, turning 32 also this year and been part of the bpo industry for 5 years. Though I'm in a supervisory role but the job was very taxing sa health at super stressful. I decided to resign last December then I tried to apply in a normal day job, thankfully I got accepted in a very stable company. I got the same basic rate I had previously though no allowances like in the bpo setting. I'm enjoying normal work hours and my god, this is less stressful talaga. I'm glad I was able to move out of the bpo industry and my age was not at all a hindrance. We can still shift careers regardless of the age, go sissies!

ellesur

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 09:52:31 am »
I took another course and I'm in my late twenties. I'd probably get my diploma and take the board at the age of 32..  :)

A/K/A

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 11:01:59 am »
I find this thread interesting. I'm in my late 30s and for months, I've been thinking of switching careers. I've been in the creative industry for the longest time and stress has already taken its toll. My current job is even more stressful than my previous one. I took it because the pay's way better. But now I'm regretting it.

My sisters are encouraging me to try working in an IT company, where they both have jobs. I just don't know if I'm really up to it. It's going to be one big career change and I may have to start from the ground up with zero skills to begin with.

Can anyone share their past jobs and their current ones? How long did you have to adjust?

Thanks. :)

pressany

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 11:01:34 am »
I devoted almost 10 years of my youth to public service.  I can't say na I did not benefit from it.  I did. I was able to go around the country (for free), sent abroad to study and met a lot of high profile personalities.  But when I hit 30, I started to question where I'm actually heading.  SAbi ko sa sarili ko, "hanggang dito na lang ba ko?" Then again, masarap ang trabaho ko noon, maraming travel and recognitions (though, mababa ang salary) so I let another 4 years past.  When I was nearly 35, I decided to take a chance and change career.  I left public service and moved to the private sector.  What made me decide to go?  Natakot ako sa marketrability ko.  I know for a fact na pag 35 ka na mahirap ng lumipat and dapat management position na ang hawak mo.  So pikit mata I left my comfort zone and jump to a new career.  Happily, I found a better paying job, less stress with younger team mates.  Namimiss ko pa rin ang travel at ang matawag na your honor or honorable but then again hindi mo naman mapangbabayad sa grocery ang recognitions eh.




phelps

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 03:17:27 pm »
naku 30 years old. hehe wala naman sa age yan.

gwensab

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 10:27:13 am »
Haaaayyy..... sisses totally nakakarelate ako sa topic na to, i also just turned 30. Ok naman sana job ko kc very stable ang telecomm company where i've worked for almost 6 years, yun lang talagang kinda stressful environment madalas lalo na sa schedule, di ka makakatakas sa night shift. I've been planning to resign next year and wanted to establish khit small business lang but isn't it too late or am I not too old to make a career move? i already have a family kc. :(

ybev

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 10:29:53 pm »

oh! i can totally relate with this topic... i'm turning 30 this year..and wala pa talaga akong formal work experience..voluntary lahat ng pyments ko..like sa phil health and sss...i'm planning to apply kaso nasa entry level pa lang ako, ndi kaya ako mahirapan maghanap ng work? ndi ko kasi napansin i was getting old na pala. i really feel bad sinayang ko yung panahon ko..i finished my degree when i was 19. 



lady gwenhwyfar

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 12:21:01 pm »
i can totally relate. i'm also 30 years old. i don't hate my work, i just don't love it. there are days when i can't bring myself to go to work just like today. i wanted to resign but i don't know where to go.
people who do what they love and get paid for it are so blessed. i pray that we'll also be like that mga sis!!! Someday... let's keep the faith.

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 02:51:04 pm »
I also want to make a drastic career move. I'm praying to the Lord to guide me in making decisin and lead me to the proper direction.

shisha

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 08:40:29 am »
I can totally relate to this topic. I worked 6 years in the bpo/banking industry too but 2 years ago I decided to quit my job in the call center industry. I began to question myself where I am headed. Until now wala pa ko work. I stayed at home and started online selling pero hindi kaya talaga I need a job, a stable career. Now i'm back to applying jobs. Just like everyone here parang entry level ang balik and sad that in our country may age limit. Sana malapit lang at madaling pumunta ng Amerika. :D

cosm!c_ch!c

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 12:34:36 am »
ako malapit na mag 30. i already have a family coz i started young. palipat lipat ako sa mga call centers pero nung nagkaron na ko ng baby, i had to stop. my baby needed my time and care, of course. after a year i decided to have my own business. pero it's not stable. me and my hubby really experienced how hard it is to earn and provide. pero ganun talaga. sabi nga sa nescafe: "para kanino ka bumabangon" every morning. that's our purpose for being parents. nagsisi din ako kasi i didnt finish my college so i can apply for a better job. i still have my small business, my hubby is employed, and still it's not enough. then my friend got me into this insurance company, i trained as a financial advisor. I was really thankful. I learned and realized a lot of things here, and somehow i feel that i am helping a lot of people. and the good thing is, i can earn more now. and i can honestly say, na naging mas ok kami ngaun in financial matters. i know no one really dreamt of having a job like mine, kahit naman ako. but i was really surprised with the outcome(of my payouts). i love my job now kahit ano pa sabihin nila. it's a good job actually. i still have my business though.

simplepink

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 05:28:13 pm »
pa-join ako.. i'm 31 years old na... grabeeeeh! sobrang namomroblema ako. sa ngayon, may business ako pero di naman ok kaya mukhang hahanap ako ng work by next year.. papaabutin ko lang ng hanggang december ito para kahit papano makabawi naman ako.  bago ako nagnegosyo, nagwork ako sa isang medical clinic as a psychometrician/hr staff pero nagsawa ako saka ang baba ng sweldo ko nun kaya nag-try ako magwork sa BPO pero naiinis ako sa sched ko kaya nagresign ako..

minsan, parang nanliliit na ko sa sarili ko kasi feeling ko ang tanda ko na pero wala pa din ako naaachieved.  :'( naiinggit ako minsan sa iba na younger sa akin pero stable na sila....  :( kaya minsan pag may nagtatanong ng age ko parang nahihiya na ko sagutin baka kasi ganun din isipin nila eh....

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:30:43 pm by simplepink »

simplepink

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2011, 05:00:13 pm »
^eh kung balik ka sa abroad, may mga agency naman na salary deduction di ba? gusto ko din sana try na mag-abroad kaso natatakot din ako baka malasin na naman ako dun.. di naman sa nagiging masyado akong nega pero sa edad kong to dapat ok na ko...  :'(

akthung

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 04:40:21 pm »
who here started a new career (as in brand new, 180 degree turn, start from scratch newbie ) when they turned 30+ year old? how has it been?

starting a new career can be hard. specially to those who leave the country just to start anew in another land.

Job wise, some employers are looking for relative experience. some people like to think that old dog can't learn new tricks.

it's never too late i think to start something anew. KFC came about with Col Sanders was if i remember correctly in his 70s.

the secret to success my previous mentors had taught me is -Consistency of Aim and Effort.

stick to your goals. and do not allow your self to stray from your goals, specially if the temptation is well...lucrative.

just like what Robert Kiyosaki had shared in one of his books, he had to stick to his goals no matter how good the financial return of the projects his friends have been sharing to him.

the earliest time to start is to start now. do intelligent work. some people like to do it the hard way, kaya in the end, sila ang nahihirapan or natatagalan.

and most important of all, stay with positive people. stay away with friends who will pull you down. friends who will peg your character to how they know you in the past. the past is the past, and it will not grow. stick with friends who will properly push you and motivate you and even help you.

sometimes it doesnt take a friend to do the things above. it takes a good person.


lovingsue

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 01:48:54 pm »
I stop working 6 years ago when I got married. Hubby lang nagwwork then nung march 2011 nag eol yung account nila. We decided na kailangan ko na din mag work. Luckily, Yung first apply ko na hired ako then after a  week of training natangal ako. Buti na lang may isa pa akong back up na apply. Binalikan ko yun and luckily na hired din ako.

Sa ngayon, masaya and contented ako. :) It's never too late na mag apply at mag shift ng career as long as hindi ka takot sumugal. You never know unless you try di ba. :)

pinkyb

  • Guest
Re: starting a new career at 30
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 03:37:12 pm »
di pala ako nag-iisa. im 30 and just recently im thinking na mag-career shift. i really wanted to study pastry arts and eventually become a pastry chef. im also working for a BPO industry for more than 6 years and medyo nakakapagod na ang stress. my only dilemma is money kasi medyo pricey mag-aral. i dont think i can afford to stop working if ganun kalaki ang tuition. but im still researching on it kung pano ko ba sya ma-a-achieve. nagdadalawang isip din ako kasi i wanted to also invest sa real estate. kasi i talked to my friend and we discussed na we're not getting any younger tapos wala pa kami na-i-invest until now. so im not so sure on what to do. hopefully i can decide. :s

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close