watch now

Author Topic: I will never read...  (Read 55494 times)

tree_blind_love

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2013, 06:36:33 pm »
^Sabi nga nila nakakakilabot si Stephen King so pinatulan ko yung Full Dark, No Stars niya kasi according dun sa Powerbooks SA na nakausap ko eh kinilabutan siya esp. dun sa 1st story na pinatay yung wife. So ako naman na-intriga. Susmio, di naman ako natakot. Medyo na-engotan pa ko dun sa husband na pumatay eh kasi di man lang pinlano haha

Ah, yun ba yung The Shining?

angelzero

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2013, 04:44:37 pm »
i will never read the Twilight series, romance novels (tagalog or english), horror (cuz i'm a scaredy cat).

Kim

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2013, 09:12:18 pm »
Fifty Shades of Grey series -- I will read just about anything, from Ayn Rand, Umberto Eco to Lualhati Bautista, Edgardo M. Reyes. I give everything a chance before I make a judgment if it's any good or not. But this 50 Shades series... my gulay, hindi ko kinaya. The writing is just so bad -- paulit-ulit na expressions, daming grammatical errors, poor character development. I tried to finish the first book, but I kept wondering kung dumaan ba muna sa editor 'yun bago na-publish.  ??? I gave up. I will never waste my time again trying to read any book from the series.

littlemisskikay

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2013, 10:13:04 pm »
^ I bought the Fifty Shades set and nanghihinayang ako :( First chapter palang ayaw ko na sya. I tried reading again on a different day pero ayaw ko pa din. Siguro I have to dispose it na kesa pinipilit ko lang.

angelzero

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2013, 10:37:34 pm »
^after hearing about 50 shades of gray from my friend who was reading it, the idea of the story didn't appeal to me, so i will never read it too. but how come everyone else is so crazy about it? is it just because it's erotic? i'm just wondering... :o

stylishmomy

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2013, 07:41:34 am »
Fifty Shades of Grey series -- I will read just about anything, from Ayn Rand, Umberto Eco to Lualhati Bautista, Edgardo M. Reyes. I give everything a chance before I make a judgment if it's any good or not. But this 50 Shades series... my gulay, hindi ko kinaya. The writing is just so bad -- paulit-ulit na expressions, daming grammatical errors, poor character development. I tried to finish the first book, but I kept wondering kung dumaan ba muna sa editor 'yun bago na-publish.  ??? I gave up. I will never waste my time again trying to read any book from the series.
a highschooler can write a better book sis lol, it was plain garbage in my opinion. I dont know bakit sobrang hyped.

pinkk

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2013, 08:01:08 am »
50shades. Overhyped copycat of mills and boon kind.

tree_blind_love

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2013, 09:12:46 pm »
Fifty Shades of Grey series -- I will read just about anything, from Ayn Rand, Umberto Eco to Lualhati Bautista, Edgardo M. Reyes. I give everything a chance before I make a judgment if it's any good or not. But this 50 Shades series... my gulay, hindi ko kinaya. The writing is just so bad -- paulit-ulit na expressions, daming grammatical errors, poor character development. I tried to finish the first book, but I kept wondering kung dumaan ba muna sa editor 'yun bago na-publish.  ??? I gave up. I will never waste my time again trying to read any book from the series.

Wow, Ayn Rand? Umberto Eco? Lualhati Bautista? And Edgardo M. Reyes? Nabasa mo na sila?  :)

katrinac

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2013, 01:01:53 am »
50 Shades.
Technically, nabasa ko sya hanggang kalahati. but i stopped. naumay ako.  ;D  No plans of finishing the book so with the sequels.

pumpkin13

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2013, 02:06:22 am »
Yey! May kakampi pala ako sa hindi pagbabasa ng Harry Potter and LOTR. It's just that some people who know that I don't read those treat me like I'm a criminal and it's against the law not to read them. Dati nga, someone asked me if I have read LOTR na daw. I said no. And she was like "Bakeeeetttt???" Eh hindi ko talaga bet ang sci-fi and fantasy.

I'm into fiction na makakarelate ako sa totoong buhay. Wag lang yung masyadong soppy and cheesy. Hehe!

I don't read inspirational/religious books din. Sana naman hindi ako barilin. Hehe!

Tagalog romance, I tried them when I was in highschool. Nun pa lang nakornihan na ko, how much more ngayon. Predictable kasi ang story.

maiandra

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2013, 06:00:15 am »
Fifity Shades. Super commercialized sya and I don't think it's one those books that will leave a legacy or will be remembered by future generations.

Kim

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2013, 08:39:02 pm »
Wow, Ayn Rand? Umberto Eco? Lualhati Bautista? And Edgardo M. Reyes? Nabasa mo na sila?  :)

Yes, my mom used to have books from those authors in her old house. Nakikibasa rin ako. 'Yung mga sinulat ni Edgardo M. Reyes nabasa ko mostly sa Liwayway.   ;D  I'm not a snob when it comes to reading materials. Lahat binabasa ko, kahit 'yung mga Tagalog romance novels collection ng helper namin dati when I was in high school.  ;) Some are surprisingly well written, lalo 'yung mga sinulat ni Nerissa Cabral.

a highschooler can write a better book sis lol, it was plain garbage in my opinion. I dont know bakit sobrang hyped.

My thoughts exactly, sis!


tree_blind_love

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2013, 02:52:31 pm »
^ [textspeak!] - ano yung mga nabasa mo kay Edgardo M. Reyes?  :) Try mo rin basahin yung mga nobela ni Jun Cruz Reyes

Kim

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »
^ [textspeak!] - ano yung mga nabasa mo kay Edgardo M. Reyes?  :) Try mo rin basahin yung mga nobela ni Jun Cruz Reyes

Sis, off the top of my head, I can specifically remember Laro sa Baga! Naging serye 'yun sa Liwayway. Grabe, definitely not for kids (very explicit ang mga eksena), pero magaling ang pagkakasulat.

Will have to check out some other works of Jun Cruz Reyes when I get the chance to visit a bookstore. Thanks!

Irtwisted

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2013, 10:56:27 pm »
Motto ko sa pagbabasa ay Never Say Never. Bago magbigay ng kumentaryo dapat may experience muna sa work, hindi yung critique na agad hindi man lang nakapagbasa ng kahit isang work ng particular author. Example Paolo Coelho, 5 books ata nya binasa ko kahit na The Alchemist palang ayoko na sa kanya. After ng fifth, dun na ko nagdecide to stop giving him a chance.

Sa Fifty Shades naman binigyan ko ng at 1 and a half book to disappointment me before I gave up.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:58:07 pm by Irtwisted »

tree_blind_love

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2013, 04:10:17 pm »
Sis, off the top of my head, I can specifically remember Laro sa Baga! Naging serye 'yun sa Liwayway. Grabe, definitely not for kids (very explicit ang mga eksena), pero magaling ang pagkakasulat.

Will have to check out some other works of Jun Cruz Reyes when I get the chance to visit a bookstore. Thanks!

Hmmm... that is an interesting narrative. Mga Uod at Rosas kasi yung binabasa ko kay Edgardo M. Reyes  :) It is about an artist experiencing poverty. Yung kay Eco... ano na yung mga nabasa mo sa kanya?  :D

stylishmomy

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2013, 08:45:32 pm »
Motto ko sa pagbabasa ay Never Say Never. Bago magbigay ng kumentaryo dapat may experience muna sa work, hindi yung critique na agad hindi man lang nakapagbasa ng kahit isang work ng particular author. Example Paolo Coelho, 5 books ata nya binasa ko kahit na The Alchemist palang ayoko na sa kanya. After ng fifth, dun na ko nagdecide to stop giving him a chance.

Sa Fifty Shades naman binigyan ko ng at 1 and a half book to disappointment me before I gave up.
  what's your reason why ayaw mo kay Paolo C sis? I am not a fan either.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:01:59 pm by stylishmomy »

Kim

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »
Hmmm... that is an interesting narrative. Mga Uod at Rosas kasi yung binabasa ko kay Edgardo M. Reyes  :) It is about an artist experiencing poverty. Yung kay Eco... ano na yung mga nabasa mo sa kanya?  :D

Foucault's Pendulum and The Name of the Rose pa lang.

Sis, off topic na tayo. Baka mapagalitan tayo ng mods.   ;)

Irtwisted

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2013, 10:15:28 pm »
  what's your reason why ayaw mo kay Paolo C sis? I am not a fan either.

Hindi ko gusto yung "every man " characters nya na parang Mary Sue/ stand in for all and every type of readers and hollow characterization. I'm big on characters that drive the story, not characters that have something appen to them. Plus yung The Alchemist parang plagarized na The Little Prince. Nagtataka ako bat gusto ng mga tao yung The Alchemist.

stylishmomy

  • Guest
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2013, 03:51:53 am »
^I was gonna mention that before sis Little Prince nga! I read "The Alchemist" and I dont understand the hype! plus he tried to put all facets of religion in helping out the boy. Too idealistic style nya, it kept piling on the cliches and too Dr. Phil-ish lol

OT na yata tayo sis :D


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close