Author Topic: YOUR Life Lesson/s  (Read 104292 times)

sxymnky

• Junior GirlTalker
  • If I could, I would. Trust me.
Re: YOUR Life Lesson/s
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 08:44:08 am »
Except I see signs and wonders, I will not believe  ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:00:53 am by sxymnky »
The monkey never complains that he has no comb :P

“Somebody must take a chance. The monkeys who became men, and the monkeys  who didn't are still jumping around in trees making faces at the monkeys  who did.” :D

chakchuk

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 08:54:13 am »
to the moderator: i hope i did'nt do anything wrong if i post this..... Just want to share this nice article about motherhood...... i read this at inquirer... i was also 24 years old when i got pregnant....

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/world/view/20100818-287377/I-was-just-24--and-had-a-million-and-one-things-planned

I was just 24, and had a million and one things planned

By Audrey Tan-Zubiri
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 22:05:00 08/18/2010

Filed Under:

It never crossed my mind that I could be actually pregnant
MAMA! Mama! Mama!” Sometimes I have to remind myself that the toddler is my daughter and the mother she’s calling out is me. After all, it was not too long ago that I was the one constantly calling out “Maaaaa!”? But oh my!

Time really does go by fast and now I find myself in the hot seat of motherhood, not quite sure if I am ready for it but nonetheless enjoying every moment of it.

Looking back, I never doubted I would enjoy it. But truth be told, I did have my fears.

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. The signs were all there: I was constantly tired and sleepy; my clothes had suddenly become a tad bit snug, and the obvious giveaway—my heightened sensitivity to smells.

But it never crossed my mind that I could actually be pregnant! I was just 24 and had a million and one things planned!

So I continued on my merry little ways until the day my husband Miguel told me I was probably pregnant. I was complaining that he smelled like durian and insisting he take a bath or brush his teeth (again)—except that he hadn’t eaten durian.

The next morning, he had me take two pregnancy tests. Hello, avalanche of emotions!

I don’t know if it was just me or if every mother-to-be goes through that phase where yes, you know you’re deliriously happy at the prospect of having a baby, but you can’t quite feel it just yet because you’re also terrified by the prospects.

Anxieties

I felt I had just been thrown into a world where I didn’t know anything. And so, in the next eight months, I devoured every pregnancy and child-development book I could get my hands on.

But still, I would have dreams where I was carrying a baby who wouldn’t stop crying. (In another version of the dream, the baby would suddenly poop!)

I wondered how I would be able to wake up in the middle of the night, whether or not I was capable of being responsible for another person, and how this little being would change my life. And yes, I wondered whether or not I would ever be able to wear a bikini again.

Over the years, I had acquired some notions about motherhood, some good, others bad.

Fortunately, all the questions and doubts magically disappeared that first moment I held my daughter in my arms.

Actually, that’s a lie. They did disappear for about five minutes before they were replaced by a slew of other new questions and thoughts.

If we lived in a fairy tale, the anxieties probably would have all been forgotten, with those sleepless nights and baby blues.

Fact is—we don’t.

We live in an imperfect and oh-so-real world where every day brings new moments, both fun and challenging, all of them composing the kaleidoscope of experiences that is motherhood.

So fast forward to two years later. My daughter is now Ate Adriana to her three-month-old baby brother, Juanmi.

I can no longer remember what kind of plans I had to shelve the first time I got pregnant, and frankly, those I do remember, suddenly seem insignificant.

As for the others, well, additional degrees I want to earn and schools offering them will still be around 25 years from now, and businesses and work can be done on the side (though this is not meant to discourage anyone from pursuing career and education concurrently while raising kids or before starting a family), projects can be delegated, but I feel that being a mother—well that’s a job that cannot wait and that only I can do.

Textbook vs reality

I have to be honest though: There are moments I wonder what in the world I am supposed to do because sometimes, the books just don’t come close to the real situations that I, and my fellow new mommies, face.

Sometimes I wonder why nobody ever tells you about the challenges that lie ahead, from breastfeeding to balancing family and personal life, leaving one to think that you’re all alone, until you realize that everyone else has gone through it, they just never talked about it.

So that’s where all of these lead to—a little corner for all of us new young ones or once-young moms to share experiences and maybe, just maybe, shed a little light on what others are going through. Or at the very least, keep you company in the adventures of motherhood.

I’m no child expert. My college degree was all about communications and business management and with only two years of motherhood, I’m certainly in no position to claim complete knowledge of it.

I don’t think anyone will ever be a complete expert on the subject, though I do regard my own mom, Dette, as my personal golden standard when it comes to being a mother.

But one thing I know is this; Mama. Mom. Mommy. There are many ways to call a mother but there is only one woman who can respond to if for every child.

And what a privilege it is to be that one woman who rocks her child’s world in so many ways. So join me as we take time out to discover, nurture and appreciate the mommy in you and me.

babylove08

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 02:18:57 pm »
LIFE Lesson?

una at pinakamihirap na natutunan ko is wag wong sisisihin ang iba sa kagagawan mo kasi in the first place ginawa mo un at ginusto mo. second in relationship pag once na niloko mo na hiwalayan mo na kasi uulit ulit lang un. sinasaktan mo lang sarili mo. at makakasakit kalang lalo. pinakamasakit skin [textspeak!] kupitan [textspeak!] parents ko nung college tas nalaman ko nalang after college nung nagwowork na ko hindi pa sila bayad sa pagkakautang nila. hirap non. lalo na ikaw ubos biyaya ka dati.  :'(

genericme

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 11:27:47 am »
My life lesson: LIVE SIMPLY. I believe this is one factor to living a peaceful and happy life.

YaZiLove

• a sooper mom and proud to be a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • a MOM of 3, overwhelming but truly awesome!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 03:07:03 pm »
lahat naman sa buhay, challenge. its how you take it, kung pano ka tatayo, pano ka lalaban... tibayan ang loob kundi ikaw ang talo.

He gave it to me kasi KAYA ko! kakayanin ko!
YOU'RE my EveryThing!!!

ibong nepomuceno ora

• Alll Life is Yoga
  • GirlTalker
  • All life is Yoga
    • Symmetry Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 01:18:06 am »
Being a practitioner of yoga, i have learned so much and that if given the talent, i would have written a book to talk about everything i have learned that has helped me become be a better individual. 

anyway, my favorite and i feel is the simplest and universal is this... DO NO HARM. what does it mean?  it means doing no harm to oneself, to others including nature.  doing no harm to ourselves means, eating properly, sleeping right, studying to become knowledgeable, excersise, etc.  doing no harm to others... i think is pretty obvious.  even the way we think towards others... always for the best.  Stop the negitivity in the world... Make peace not war. 

Om Shanthi...

sweetubeng

• love to travel , shop, eat, read and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 06:17:07 pm »
life lessons is inevitable so we must learn to accept things, Life can also teach us lessons in brutal or weird way. but God does not throws things on us that he knows we can’t surpass. So whenever were on a plight, I believe we are still blessed. We should keep thinking positive because for sure, he is preparing us for something better and greater out there.

Life had been to harsh sometimes but I did not let things pushed me down. I took every struggles as a challenge and as a preparation for the years to come.

Jeremiah 29:11 says, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "

LIVE A LIFE that pleases GOD... not People.

green-aholic

• Enjoying everyday of my LIFE.
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I only got ME. ME. ME. && I Luhhhveet!! ♡♡♡
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 12:28:33 pm »
I learned in life that I should not give my trust to anyone but to myself. Kahit kadugo mo di mo mapagkakatiwalaan. Minsan pa, sila pa hihila sayo pababa.
Fly with Me to that Happy Ever After ...
♡♡♡♡
♡♡♡
♡♡

bunchcup

• From Noob To
  • NEVER complicate simple things.
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 11:02:33 am »
Be not afraid of taking risks. Step out of your comfortable zone.. because the riskiest thing is not doing anything at all.
The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.

design21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 11:29:13 pm »
Always stay positive!
Pray, Hope and Dont Worry

Crissy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 10:00:40 pm »
My life lesson => Don't be afraid to stand up and fight for your right  if someone is putting you down... The Rule i follow in life  => Don't do something that you don't want others do unto you.

superboink

• proud to be
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 12:24:22 am »
- THINK before you ACT.
- Wag gaganti.
- Magka-pride kahit onti.
- Makinig sa magulang at nakakatanda.
- Pag niloko ka, hiwalayan na kagad.
- Time is really gold.. mahalaga.. gamitin ng tama kahit bata pa.
- Huwag magpakaloka sa pag-ibig.
- Huwag hahabol sa lalaki kahit si Derek or Piolo pa yan.
- Magtira at mahalin ang sarili. Huwag ipakitang sobrang mahal mo sila.
- Do not depend on other people coz they do change in a snap.
- Minsan kailangan maging selfish kesa lagi nalang yung iba dahil ikaw din ang kawawa.
- Lilipas ang ganda/gwapo pero ang ugali ang importante.
- Try to learn sa experiences ng ibang tao. Hindi mo na kailangan danasin para matutunan mo din.
- Nasa huli ang pagsisi.
- Trust God. Only God. Siya lang ang di iiwan sayo kahit kailan.

madami pa.. natutunan at nalaman ko lahat yan ngayon 2010.

chiqmom

• on work clothes on...
  • Super GirlTalker
  • CONSTANT VIGILANCE
    • The Web Assistant
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 01:05:12 am »
1. God never fails, ever.

2. Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle. :)

3. Live and love.

4. Forgive and forget.

5. That I need to stand up for what I think is right.

cherry*coke

• antukin na
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 04:02:53 am »
Never depend your happiness on anyone
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 04:13:05 am by cherry*coke »

prettybarbie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2010, 04:11:09 am »
a little act of kindness can make a big difference...

numonorean

• little miss
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • beautiful mess
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2010, 04:11:36 am »
People you care about may not be there when you need them.  This doesn't always mean that they love you less.  They just have their own lives to deal with.

If you believe in something, you have to be vigilant and fight for it.  If you stop, you allow the consequences to happen.
"I wanted to be the poet and the poem, and now am neither." - Ellen Ash

365 Project | Alice in Neverland

lilmissprettydiva

• GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2010, 12:55:30 pm »
as you become older, you become wiser

Don't stop dreaming and believing :)

Pipay06

• GirlTalker
  • Grateful Mom of Clyde,Jan,Pipay & Wacky
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 09:37:19 am »
Everything happens for a reason and that poblems/trials/pains/sufferings are actually a blessings in disguise.

yapeegurl

• Super GirlTalker
  • Eat Pray Love
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:26 am »
wag magpagamit sa credit card.. sila ang gamitin natin.. use it to accumulate points to redeem items/cash :)
making a living is not the same thing as making a life

icebucks_2007

• GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 06:42:10 pm »
2 mos ago, i arrived home from work. sobrang nagtataka ako bat wala pa ang mommy ko (she comes home at 6-7pm from work). I cant contact her, bec she recently lost her cp, kinontak ko sya thru ofcmates, ang sabi umuwi na daw. I started to worry ng sobra, umiiyak na ko.. at 9pm dumating sya, nagpamanicure at pedicure daw. i was so relieved!

Life Lesson : Life is too short para ubusin ang oras sa career. Mom ang I hardly talk ng matagal tagal since before mangyari yung incident na yun. I leave home early and arrive late bec of work, she does too. Sayang ang time kung isang aspect lang ng buhay mo ang uubos ng oras mo.

I filed my resignation after a month. Now i'm looking for job na M-F lang at minimal ang paper works na dadalhin sa house. I dont want career to be an excuse to have quality time w/ love ones.  :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close