watch now

Author Topic: China Travel Guide 3  (Read 125400 times)

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #480 on: March 25, 2013, 01:58:47 pm »

ang taxi nga parang manila din -- nangongontrata during important times of the day.


mas grabe pa kamo kung managa.


speaking of CR, well ----- "horror theme"


hahahaha

sinabi mo.  hanggang ngayon din ba?  hindi na sila natututo pa? the trick is really not to drink too much water. sa gabi ka nalang uminom nang uminom sa hotel.



a lot of the stuff there can be found in Manila. as for prices, yan ang malaking myth that i keep on telling people: porket china, mura. Buzzzz! wrong answer! mahal pa nga!


Pag kasi alam nilang foreigner ka, talagang nat-transform ang mga mata nila na magkaron ng tumataginting $ na sign. habit nila to jack up everything.  Kaya kelangan maghaggle, lalo na mga fake goods, they will give you as much as 4x the price na talaga. Happy kasi ako sa silk street kasi na master ko na ang art of haggling with them.

As for the orig brands, nevermind, hwag sa Beijing kasi mahal talaga sa kanila because imported goods there are heavily taxed.

 


akthung

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #481 on: March 27, 2013, 07:48:14 am »
mas grabe pa kamo kung managa.


hahahaha

sinabi mo.  hanggang ngayon din ba?  hindi na sila natututo pa? the trick is really not to drink too much water. sa gabi ka nalang uminom nang uminom sa hotel.


Pag kasi alam nilang foreigner ka, talagang nat-transform ang mga mata nila na magkaron ng tumataginting $ na sign. habit nila to jack up everything.  Kaya kelangan maghaggle, lalo na mga fake goods, they will give you as much as 4x the price na talaga. Happy kasi ako sa silk street kasi na master ko na ang art of haggling with them.

As for the orig brands, nevermind, hwag sa Beijing kasi mahal talaga sa kanila because imported goods there are heavily taxed.


teka sis. na misinterpret mo ako.

1) i'm not in Beijing as a tourist. i have been in Beijing as an Aussie trained accountant for months working for a British accounting company.

2) and because i had lived in Singapore and was brought up in a Chinese school in Manila, i can speak Mandarin. And they always see me as Malaysian/Singaporean Chinese. and often times, napagkakamalan nilang akong local. Trust me, i'm able to get things for more than 70% off.

 the trick of not drinking too much? that's bad advice health wise. it is something you shouldn't do long term.

Happy ka na sa Silk Market sis? Hahaha. Then it means you haven't been around.

and im surprised na naghahaggle ka pa.

sis, if you speak chinese, at maganda ang accent mo, you don't have to haggle at the Silk Market.

Mahal pa nga ang Silk Markets sis. kaya the locals do not go there. so if you shop at the Silk Markets, for sure turista ka.

Tsaka why go to the Silk Markets when you can ALSO take the train go to the provinces where PEOPLE TELL YOU THE REAL PRICE......at mas mura pa. (aside from the other places in Beijing)

when i said mas mahal pa sa manila,

i was referring to (1)  Branded Goods made in China. (2) local goods for some mysterious reason na mas mahal talaga.

kung magaling ka talaga maki PR, they even will tell you the source.

as for imported goods, Sis, karamihan dun na sa china ginagawa eh, hindi na iniimport yun unless specialty food. maybe sa pag transport locally, yun pwede mag mahal but not too much.

coke in can nga you should get for WAY less than 2 RMB if you now where to go.

But the S**t you see in the Markets? Sis, there's a reason why they're called "markets".

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:07:21 am by akthung »

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #482 on: April 02, 2013, 02:38:47 pm »
Was able to catch the last bits of snow at Mutianyu during our trip. Still great for photos. :)

DAY 1 - Temple of Heaven
            Forbidden City
            Peking Duck dinner at the hotel (Novotel Xinqiao)...was gonna venture out to try Dadong or Quanjude kaso too tired na

DAY 2 - Great Wall Mutianyu
            Olympic Park
            boring New World and Glory Mall

DAY 3 - back to MNL

Rented a car for the 2nd day for 8 hours through the hotel tour desk. We still had 2 hours left after visiting the Olympic Park. Our driver suggested we visit Summer Palace or any tea houses but we politely declined and asked to be taken back to the hotel.

Wifi at the hotel was icky in the room. Great signal at the Premier Lounge at the hotel. Did breakfast at Citrus the 2nd day, and at the lounge the 3rd morning. Good selections.

IMO, Capital's departure level layout at T2 is kinda confusing. There are signs where the counters are, but you'd need to go through a looong line for xray before getting to them. Plus, since most of them don't speak English well, it was difficult to communicate where the crew should line up to enter (they didn't allow ours to go through the staff xray). PR's crew ended up falling in line behind me. Nyek. And they were the only crew in that line. Good thing after passport check, their ground staff found them (but still kept them in line). After that, everything was a breeze. I was given a lounge card by the staff but I wasn't able to check it out anymore as I preferred to visit the limited number of shops.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #483 on: April 02, 2013, 04:11:47 pm »
^Kakalito nga set-up ng check-in counters nila. But there is a separate aircrew/staff entrance at T2. Kaya kami ni hubby every time I fly with him we see each other at the check-in counter since I have to go through the passenger security entrance. This last trip nauna pa nga ako sa kanya kasi chi-neck pa daw gendec nila.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #484 on: April 04, 2013, 12:37:11 am »
^For sure merong crew entrance as with other airports of the world, but when they were going to enter the staff lane, pinalipat sila, weird! And double weird when their ground agent found them AND KEPT THEM IN LINE with me at the regular passengers' queue! Haha...great for me para hubby can carry my suitcase onto the x-ray machine belt. After I checked in, though, the usual layout na, easy breezy. I continued my departure process alone as hubby and his first officer were finally whisked off to the gate by the guide. I find T2 wanting in terms of number of shops. Boring, if I may say so. I wonder if the newer "dragon-scaled" terminal 3 has more shopping and dining choices.

This reminds me of the Olympic Park. Such a vast space with nothing much to do now, aside from the photo op. I am not too fond of people bugging me to buy their wares, or to have my photo taken using their services, etc.

We also found the shuttle driver rude, throwing around their (and my) suitcases, talking like he's complaining to our arrival guide. Halfway through our ride to the hotel, bad trip na both hubby and his FO with his driving. Unfortunately, he was also our driver on our way back to the airport a few days later. We weren't surprised by his attitude, given some horror stories I've read before about some people from the mainland. I arrived with an open-mind, though, as I didn't want to generalize them and luckily, he was the only really bad thing about our trip. But I think Beijing is a city I wouldn't really prioritize returning to. On to the next trip... :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #485 on: April 04, 2013, 10:27:59 am »
^Ay how sad naman! Hindi mo talaga maalis na merong mga tao na iba ang ugali sa nakasanayan natin. We get that in all our travels but it doesn't stop us from having a great experience. I love Beijing! And I would love to go back again in hubby's future flights. There is still so much to see and do.

 :)

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #486 on: April 04, 2013, 11:45:00 am »
But I think Beijing is a city I wouldn't really prioritize returning to. On to the next trip... :)

Same sentiments here. I enjoyed other cities in China though like Dalian since it's cleaner. Lol
I'd rather visit a different city in China than its capital.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:46:36 am by vain_kixie »

xxxloixxx

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #487 on: April 05, 2013, 11:25:17 am »
What's the weather like in Beijing now so i'll know what clothes to bring?  I'll be there on April 7-10.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #488 on: April 05, 2013, 04:07:17 pm »
teka sis. na misinterpret mo ako.

1) i'm not in Beijing as a tourist. i have been in Beijing as an Aussie trained accountant for months working for a British accounting company.


Ya, was referring to tourists...  :D 
Parang di ko ata kakayanin to stay there in the long term. Siguro pag bata bata pako.  :D

2) and because i had lived in Singapore and was brought up in a Chinese school in Manila, i can speak Mandarin. And they always see me as Malaysian/Singaporean Chinese. and often times, napagkakamalan nilang akong local. Trust me, i'm able to get things for more than 70% off.


70% off is because they jack up the price 3x than the usual selling price. :)  pero I 'think' I have bargained na sagad na kasi pare pareho nalang ang last price ng kada stall. and yes, hanggang silk street lang ako kasi never stayed in Beijing for a long time, hanggang tourist lang.  :)

 
the trick of not drinking too much? that's bad advice health wise. it is something you shouldn't do long term.

you're right!  short term lang na gawain ko ito pag dating sa China. Di ko kakayanin araw araw at magkakasakit talaga.


Happy ka na sa Silk Market sis? Hahaha. Then it means you haven't been around.

and im surprised na naghahaggle ka pa.


Yes happy nako sa silk market. and Yes, tourist talaga ako everytime I go there, never have worked/stayed there for more than 10 days.

And yup, naghahaggle ako kasi grabe sila managa. Sa Silk sT they would quote me say 300 Rmb, eh sellable naman pala at 100 rmb lang. Mga ganun.


theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #489 on: April 05, 2013, 06:36:45 pm »
^Ay how sad naman! Hindi mo talaga maalis na merong mga tao na iba ang ugali sa nakasanayan natin. We get that in all our travels but it doesn't stop us from having a great experience. I love Beijing! And I would love to go back again in hubby's future flights. There is still so much to see and do.

 :)

^Don't get me wrong. The driver didn't ruin the experience and I find Beijing a nice city but, I don't know. I can't put my finger on it but I don't feel the need to go back there anymore. No urge. even shopping, di ako naaliw. Hehe. Unlike Hong Kong or Seoul, or Tokyo, kahit ilang balik, di nakakasawa. :) My opinion lang naman. Well, I'll try Shanghai maybe next time but actually the entire mainland China is not on my list in the near future.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #490 on: April 15, 2013, 05:48:28 pm »
^Oh I understand completely. Kanya-kanyang preference talaga yan. Me naman visiting Seoul twice was enough for me already. I've been to Tokyo thrice when I was still single and I would want to go back again with hubby in the future. Well, Hong Kong is like my second home since it was my former company's headquarters and we always go back during our anniversary month.

I'm looking forward to hubby's A330 upgrade sometime soon. The training will be in Beijing (was hoping for Toulouse again but cost-cutting!). It will be a much longer stay and I'm planning na places to visit solo since he'll be busy training.

 :)

pretinnes

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #491 on: April 17, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »
What's the weather like come december? Thank you!

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #492 on: April 18, 2013, 09:00:49 am »
^Cold. Backread ka lang sis nasagot na yang tanong mo.

 :)

BicuriousGm

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #493 on: April 27, 2013, 10:50:49 am »
Weather in Beijing by month of December is super cold. I'd been there month of Novemeber nasa 5deg sya...mas malamig daw ang dec and may snow. I suggest before going to Beijing start walking/running to build resistance. Kasi puro lakad gawin mo dun sa laki ng historic places nila like forbidden city and summer's palace isama mo pa pag aykyat sa Great wall.(hingal kabayo ka lang naman if di mo talaga pinag handaan to) good thing nag punta ako dyan nag hiking pa ako kaya di ako ganun pwersado physically unlike my friends nakita ko how they react sa pagod hahaha. Bring also ear mops and gwantes.

juicy

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #494 on: April 30, 2013, 04:30:51 pm »
 Hindi pala counted ang Time Deposit para sa Bank Certificate.  E naka TD at stocks and mutual fund ang pera namin mag-asawa. Sakin nasa 40k lang ADB sa account ko, my husband nasa 150k. Pwede na kaya yun? Madamay na kaya ako sa adb nya?  ;D

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #495 on: April 30, 2013, 10:55:27 pm »
^Savings accounts only of commercial banks are accommodated. May extra rules pa like need yung checkrite daw, etc. I also presented my foreign currency savings acct certificate from a separate commercial bank but it was returned to me. Only my peso savings acct cert n passbook photocopy ang kinuha. Di ko tuloy sure if kasi enough na yung na-submit ko or kasi di nga nila tinatanggap yung FOREX na nga tapos wala pang checkrite.

They've advised (not sure if I read it or heard it somewhere) at least 6mos worth 100k ADB PER PERSON. You can try submitting, anyway wala namang mawawala sa yo cos the visa fee is if approved and upon releasing na babayaran. Ako, I submitted more than what was on the list given to me by the airline liaison officer where hubby works. I am so glad I don't have to go through all the paperwork collecting next time. Good luck.

juicy

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #496 on: May 10, 2013, 04:22:25 pm »
wait... wala ba talagang access ng facebook dun? :D

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #497 on: May 10, 2013, 05:38:54 pm »
^ walang facebook and other social networking sites sa china kasi blocked. You need to use VPN.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #498 on: May 12, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »
^^Unfortunately, they also have the Great Firewall of China, LOL...no FB, well, my hubby was able to access pero naghihingalo sa iPhone nya...sa note2 ko as in ayaw...but I was able to access foursquare and instagram then linked my photos n check ins na lang...

juicy

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #499 on: May 21, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »
Yeheyyy! Visa approved kami ni husband ko  ;D
Got the visas today, nag apply kami nung Thursday.
3 months validity

Last Thursday, nasa pila na si husband ko ng past 7 am. Nasa ilalim daw ng sikat ng araw ang pila, kaya magdala kayo ng bag para bags ang ipipila tapos kayo nakasilong.  ;)
8am pinapasok na sila pero 9am ang start ng processing.
Mabilis lang sya, sya na nagsubmit for both of us.
Before 10am tapos na sya agad.

Ang kinuha sakin na docs are ITR, COE, photocopy ng SSS, printed e-ticket and yung passport pati yung cancelled na last passport ko.
Binalik yung 2 bank certificates ko and SOA, I don’t know kung dahil walang 100k ADB yun (bwahahah) or dahil nag-note ako sa application form na me & husband will finance trip.
Binalik din Mutual Fund SOA ko.  :)

Sa husband ko wala syang ITR, ang kinuha is COE, 2 commercial Bank Certificates and SOA, 2 Time Deposit Certificate (isang joint kami, isang individual nya, pinasama ko nalang kahit sabi hindi tinatanggap), Mutual Funds SOA, passport at yung last na cancelled passport nya, then hotel voucher.

Thank you thank you sa help ng mga sisses dito!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close