watch now

Author Topic: China Travel Guide 3  (Read 125217 times)

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #580 on: October 09, 2014, 02:34:10 pm »
Hi everyone! I tried back reading on details, but didn't see anything about Airline options.
So far, I looked it up and here are those with direct non-stop flights from Manila to Beijing To-Date.
1) Philippine Airlines
2) Cebu Pacific Air
3) Air China

Everything else seems to require a 1 stop someplace, so travel time is stretched to at least 6 hours or more in other instances. Did I miss any other Airline with the Non-Stop option from MNL to PEK? Thanks!!!

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #581 on: October 09, 2014, 03:23:00 pm »
^I'm afraid that's about it! I'll be taking CX to Beijing using my rewards points. I don't mind stopping in HKG since I like browsing the shops at the airport. Then CebPac on the way back since I'll be flying with my husband.

When are you leaving? If you don't mind budget carriers, CebPac has a promo to Beijing right now. Just check their website.

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #582 on: October 09, 2014, 03:59:10 pm »
^ Thanks a lot, mama squeak! I know! But not panicking yet since we're not going until May 2015 or April 2015 at the earliest. Just looking at booking the flight ahead since we're going to visit some schools for work, so preparation is key. Anyhow, we'll see if we can afford to spare the extra 2 hours and go use CX going to Beijing. We're kind of tamad to even go 1-stop since we still have to fly in from CEB to MNL then go MNL to PEK. Worst case, we may just opt to go CEB to HK, then HK to PEK. Thanks a lot. Will continue to subscribe to this thread to see updates about Beijing. If Beijing doesn't work for us, we can always switch countries.. After all, it's still about 7 months away.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #583 on: October 09, 2014, 05:43:50 pm »
^Oh oo nga pala you'll be coming from Cebu. I guess better get CX from Cebu so you'll only have one-stop in HKG. Or even if you go via Manila, one-stop pa rin if you opt for PAL or CebPac. I guess your consideration na lang in this case are the flight timings.

May/April is spring time in Beijing and one of my favorite times to go there since the weather is nice and cool.

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #584 on: October 09, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »
^ That's the very reason why we're going around about that time. We were supposed to go Vietnam, but since it gets warm na by that time.. we opted that Beijing is a better choice. If we do out CEB nga, we will head to HK and just take whatever is there to go to PEK. Thanks again for the suggestions.

melodymedley

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2014, 03:31:40 pm »
Last September 2013, my friend and I booked tickets via 5J: MNL-Shanghai, Beijing-MNL. The trip will last 18 days. We submitted our flight bookings, hotel bookings and itinerary to the travel agency, adn requested for 18 days sa application . We granted 14 days only na Tourist/L-Visa. According to the travel agency, ganun daw talaga kapag first time applicants. So they suggested that we get a visa extension when we get in China. But they couldn't give concrete advise how to go about this. Anyone who tried this? We will be in Beijing when the visa expires.

I've researched. My takeaway is, it is possible, but hassle, and hindi sure if ma-ga-grant. I think we have to present bank certificate from a bank in China (which of course we don't). Then bayad ng visa fee. Our route is supposed to be Shanghai-Datong-Pingyao-Beijing. We will have to drop Datong and a day in Beijing.

Anyone who tried extending their tourist visa for a couple of days? Is this worth pursuing? I am thinking if it is worth the hassle (and costs) to apply for an extension for 4 days vs. just buying a pricey return ticket. Ayoko naman ng overstaying sa travel record ko. Single entry lang din binigay samin so we cannot enter-exit to another country.


OT:
I haven't dropped by the Out&About forum in GT for quite a while. Nakaka-miss din pala.  ;D

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #586 on: October 11, 2014, 09:39:31 am »
OMG ang smog! When I arrived last night akala ko sobrang ginaw at nag-fog yun pala smog. It wasn't a good sign din when I saw mga flight crew putting on face masks before leaving the terminal. Ngek! Buti na lang it's not my first time here (but first time to experience the smog) kaya naikot ko na yung mga top must-sees. I'm just wanting to see a couple sights I missed during my previous visits. I'm hoping it will clear up soon and sana it's not like this in Xian when I go later this week.

@melodymedley, sis long time no see. Good you're back! Sorry can't help with your Qs. I've always assumed that the visitors visa is good for 30 days upon entry. I looked at all my visas even the 1st one lahat naka-30 days naman. Sa travel agency din ako nagpa pa-process ng Chinese visa since mura lang and less hassle on my part. If you want I can PM you a travel agency here in Beijing who might be able to help you with your Qs. Let me know lang.

melodymedley

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #587 on: October 12, 2014, 02:44:38 pm »
Thanks for the offer mama squeak. We just decided to go to Singapore dun sa 4 days na hindi na-grant. The cost of the plane ticket going home is just a bit lower than going to Singapore, then fly home to Manila. Vacation pa rin pero somewhere else. Also, there's the stress of applying for a visa extension pa (what if hindi granted, we will not be presenting any new supporting docs).

Ang weird nga eh. I researched and read and wala naman akong nakitang minimum 14 days lang granted for first-timers. Our forms, itinerary, hotels and flights all reflect 18 days, and we both have enough funds to last us for supposedly 18 days, pero hindi na grant.

Oh boy. I hope the smog clears up soon! We will be in Beijing towards the last week of October and both firstimers here.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #588 on: October 14, 2014, 07:51:02 am »
^thankfully the smog cleared up the next day. It's nice and sunny but very cold these past few days. Masarap mamasyal sakit sa paa lang. Walang masyadong crowd sa mga tourist sights since tapos na holidays nila. Very convenient talaga their subway system, it's so easy to get around. Plus mura pa at RMB2.00 only.

I'll be going to Xian at the end of the week. Balikan lang. I'll be taking the overnight trains to/from and then one whole day Xian tour to see the Terracotta Warriors and  the other  must-see sights. Solo trip ang peg since my hubby's still training in Beijing. I hope the weather is also sunny and cool para nice my pictures and hindi nakakapagod maglakad.

bk

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #589 on: October 18, 2014, 10:49:13 pm »
hi! paano po requirements pag housewife? pupunta kasi ako sa beijing with my mom. employee ako so ok na reqts ko (COE, ITR, etc). ang concern ko na lang is my mom's. nagtanong ako sa mga travel agency may nagsabi na need ng same reqts ko ang dad ko since sya yung magsusupport sa mom ko plus marriage contract and affidavit of support. pero yung isang travel agency naman walang binanggit na affidavit of support pa. is it really mandatory or enough na yung marriage cert as evidence na since kasal sila at dad ko ang may work, dependent nya na mom ko? TIA!

lawlib24

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #590 on: October 22, 2014, 11:23:41 am »
Hi, first time going to Beijing on Oct. 30 to Nov 2. Sobrang lamig daw and smog pagdating namin. Advice naman mga sisses what to bring.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #591 on: October 22, 2014, 05:23:02 pm »
^Magdala ka lang ng face mask. Hindi pa gaano kalamig yung travel dates mo so you can just do layering. Usually malamig sa umaga and gabi but during the middle of the day para ka lang naka-aircon.

@bk, better to have an affidavit of support from your Dad. Hingin man or hindi ng embassy at least meron ka nang naka-prepare. 

bk

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #592 on: October 23, 2014, 02:15:43 am »
^^actually nagpunta na ko kanina sa embassy bago ko pa nabasa yung reply ni mama squeak!. ang dinala ko na lang is typewritten letter with signature ng dad ko as proof that he will be supporting my mom's travel. pero ibinalik lang din sa kin nung tao sa window along with my dad's itr, coe and marriage contract. hmmm...i wonder why...ang kinuha na lang is application form, passport, hotel booking, plane ticket & bank cert ng mom ko. i hope it's a good sign na pinaiwan na yung mga ibang reqts about my dad. kasi kung needed naman nila yun they will surely not give it back to me. samantalang yung itr at coe ko kinuha nila pero yung sa dad ko hindi naman.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #593 on: October 23, 2014, 08:20:34 am »
^Okay na yan pag ganyan sis. In my experience one of the easiest visas to get is yung sa China. Happy trip!

lawlib24

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #594 on: October 23, 2014, 10:09:28 am »
thanks mama squeak :)

bk

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #595 on: October 23, 2014, 04:49:11 pm »
^Okay na yan pag ganyan sis. In my experience one of the easiest visas to get is yung sa China. Happy trip!

sana nga ok na lahat at ma-aaprove (hoping ang praying). :)

anyway, just to share...nung nagpunta ako sa embassy kahapon super mabilis lang. as in less than 10 minutes, i'm done! ganun kabilis! hahahaha! pagpasok ko kumuha ako ng number tapos ako na agad dun sa counter kasi walang pila. around 1030-1045 yata nun dumating ako. pinag-isipan ko kung magtravel agency ako or ako na lang mismo magprocess. nag inquire ako sa several travel agencies...iba-iba quote na binigay sa kin sa pagprocess nila ng visa. lowest i got was 2200 pesos. meron ding 2500, 3500, 5000 at 10,000! grabe naman ang mahal nung 5000 to 10,000 pesos. para na kong kumuha ng US visa di ba? kinompute ko kung 2 kami ng mom ko tapos 2200 * 2 = 4400. whileas kung ako lang magprocess 1400 * 2 = 2800 plus transpo (let's say 200pesos). sayang din yung 1400 difference. saka sense of fulfillment na din na ako lang nagprocess mag-isa di ba? :) i'll go back on oct 28 to get our passports.

sistah!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #596 on: October 24, 2014, 10:47:18 am »
that's good! im here in shanghai for work so i didn't have to worry about my visa and all. sandali lang naman ako dito pero i want to have my husband and daughter see this place din. they can share my hotel room na lang. 1 week lang sila dito. hopefully, hindi sila mahirapan kumuha ng tourist visa. baka pwede din na si hubby na lang mag-ayos. sayang yung difference ng bayad diba.


mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #597 on: October 24, 2014, 11:00:55 am »
^^Grabe naman mahal ng quotation sa yo! I only paid Php1000 for the processing fee plus the visa fee of Php1400.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close