It’s been months before I got the time to recap my amazing birth story and I really don’t know what words I could use to describe how painful it was.
Eto na ang kwento ko.
EDD : May 01, 2015 – literally Labor day talaga!
April 27, 2015 – I started my maternity leave. During that time the house was empty except me and the baby malikot in my womb. I let my husband go out to for work as well as my sister, while my parent and brother visited my sister-in-law who’s also gave birth last April 25, 2015. I cleaned the house plus the ceiling, washed our clothes, fetched water from the deep-well and jogged/run around the house. After lunch, I found out that movie “Fault in our Stars” was showing in Star Movies Channel, since I have not yet seen this movie, while watching I spread my legs wide open for about 2 hours so the cervix will dilate or efface, achuchu according to the internet. The rest is history.
April 28, 2015 – 12AM. My water bag broke after I peed and I felt a gush of warm water running down my leg but no contractions yet. I didn’t panic actually I just told my husband about my “water breaking” and put my napkin on. We had a little conversation and started to imagine ourselves that finally we can hold our baby. I saw the excitement in both of our face. I didn’t inform my OB because I’ve been thinking that she cannot go with us either in the middle of the night. So we slept.
3AM – I peed again, but this time I felt the continuous flowing of water. But still there’s no pain. Sorry to say, we slept again so I could get enough energy I need to deliver our little bundle of joy.
5AM – 7:30 AM– We woke up and texted my OB. But I still have time to cook for our breakfast since Nanay and Tatay ay nasa Laguna pa. I took a bath, grabbed our already packed bag and went to the hospital.
7:30 AM- I arrived at the hospital with a huge smile in my face then I was admitted in the Emergency Room and had an IE (result is 2cm) by the resident gwapong gwapong doctor, hehe. Then I transferred to my room since I felt no contractions yet. I undergo also in skintest. It was the longest day of my life, promise! Eto yung mga salitang paulit-ulit kong naririnig, nagcocontract na po ba? Kukuhanan po namin kayo ng BP at heart beat si baby? So, iyon! May mga gamot na silang nilagay sa dextrose at hindi ko na alam yung mga yun. Masaya pa ako ng mga oras na ito.
11:00 AM – 5:00 PM– They offered to induce me prior to cervix dilation and wtf! It also started the extreme pain, the pain I never felt in my entire life. The contractions are now 10, 8, 5, 4, 3 minutes apart that my body telling me to rest even just for a seconds. I don’t know where the pain was coming from, the head? At the back? My butt? Naah! Hindi na ako makangiti! Nagdidikit-dikit na ang mata, ilong at bibig ko sa sobrang sakit, hehe.
I told my husband na hindi ko na kaya talaga, sabihin nya sa OB na i-CS na ako. I heard my Nanay’s voice, I told her the same. They did not agree to my requests, I was already 8cm so sabi ni Nanay kayanin ko daw, sayang ang pera pang-CS. Honga naman!
5:00 PM – I was really exhausted. They transferred me to labor room and put sleeping medicine on my dextrose for the preparation of my delivery. They told me to inform them once I felt the urge of pooping. Hokey fine!
7:00 PM – I woke up and OMG! I want to poop. The nurses, doctors and my OB were rushing and broke my water bag. I transferred to delivery room, and yes, I pooped (kahiya-hiya man).
7:16 PM – After maybe 8 pushes, our little bundle of joy come out. I’m the happiest little girl on earth! After that, I slept and woke up by 9 PM, I saw my family inside the room together with the new member. Ang haba-haba ng araw na ito, sa sobrang haba when I texted my friends sabi ko nanganak na ako last night., same day lang pala. Haggardo Versoza man ako, masaya kasi kasama na namin ang Baby at yes normal delivery pa.