watch now

Author Topic: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)  (Read 77526 times)

kittenchi17

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2012, 10:16:56 am »
Hi mga sis, sino po may mga pictures o kaya blog nung mga nakarating na sa magalawa under mang mulo. Gusto ko muna kasi makita yung place banda kina Mang Mulo e, sa Armada kasi mukhang ok naman kaya nga lang daming bad feedback. Sana may makatulong sa akin tentative date namin May 26.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:20:20 am by kittenchi17 »

rocky

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2012, 10:26:39 am »
^share ko maya sis yong pics ko sa FB, di ko pa kasi ma-access ngayon kasi block sa office ;)

kittenchi17

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #242 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:00 am »
sige sis rocky wait ko im so excited hehe, anyway nagtext ako kay Mang Mulo mabilis mag reply tapos nagtext ako kay Ms. Grace Armada wala pang reply...

rocky

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #243 on: May 21, 2012, 04:50:27 pm »

kittenchi17

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2012, 11:32:44 am »
wow sis ang ganda ng pics hehe na excite tuloy ako.. nga pala sis nung kay mang mulo kayo yung sinakyan yung boat si mang mulo din ba ang nagprovide? Thanks ulit sa mga pictures

rocky

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2012, 11:50:40 am »
^yes sis, sa kanya din yong boat. pag sa veritas kayo dadaan 100 roundtrip then pag masinloc 200 kasi mas malayo yon. text mo lang sya kung kelan kayo punta, kung gusto nyong makatipid magtent na lang kayo & yong malaki dalhin nyo, kasi 200/tent. masarap magluto wife nya & mura lang charge. promise! ;)

kittenchi17

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2012, 01:19:08 pm »
sis wala kaming tent kaya kubo na lang tapos nag offer si mang mulo ng package 1.5k each overnight yun kasama na entrance, boat, kubo saka yung food 4 meals. Dalawa lang namin kami mamasyal so ok na din sa amin yun haha nagpa reserve kami this saturday yehey! Pahingi naman ng list ng mga must have pag andun sa isla hehe

rocky

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2012, 04:27:56 pm »
^good deal na yan sis kasi yong kubo pa lang 1k na. di nga lang kagandahan kaya medyo mahal sya dahil papag lang naman & electric fan. pero since dalawa lang kayo mura na yang 1,500 per head. nasa previous page yong IT ko & expense. :)

must-bring:
1. leggings & off lotion - sakaling malamok & sabi nila daming niknik don pero nong nandon kami wala naman.
2. sunblock
3. mineral water
4. flashlight
5. sarong -pangtakip sa kubo kasi mainit pag umaga

musta na lang kay mang mulo, sabi ni raquel ;)

kittenchi17

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #248 on: May 28, 2012, 11:18:22 am »
Travel date in Magalawa May 26-27, 2012 (Saturday-Sunday)

I would like to thanks our sis here in gt Magalawa thread for all the inputs, special mention to sis Rocky, and also to those blog I read.


Magalawa Island c/o Mang Mulo

We got the package of Mang Mulo 1,500.00 per person including kubo, entrance, boat ride (Magalawa Island to Mainland vis a vis), and 4 meals (morning, lunch, dinner and lunch). I decided to get the package since I only have my boyfriend to travel with me to the Island. We took the victory liner bus in Caloocan Sta. Cruz trip around 11:55 pm. I read a tip that in buying a ticket you must tell the teller that you will get off at Brgy. Pangolingan, Palauig we are charged for only 369.00 each. We arrived at Brgy. Pangolingan cor Radio Veritas Road past 4am. As per sis Rocky there are already tricycles waiting for tourist at this hour. The driver will asked you if it’s Armada or Ruiz, I told them Ruiz and we were brought to Veritas Beach, we were charged 150.00 I thought it was only 100.00 but I just shrugged it off. The boat of Mang Mulo is already at shore when we arrived at the beach, approximately before 5am we were there at the Island. I cannot remember who welcomed us since I was really sleepy, I just tell them my name and they informed me of my kubo, then went to sleep again. The kubo is very simple so don’t expect too much they will provide you pillows, bed sheet and electric fan. I think the good thing if you will get a kubo is you can charge your electronic gadgets at night when they turn on the electricity.

I woke up around 8:00 am, change clothes then swim. The place was really nice if you are a person who do not frequently go to a beach you will call this a paradise. The water is clean but there are a lot of sea plants/ sea grass? I really don’t know what is it called but the water is really clear it is not that cold or hot. The sun is not too much but of course you must invest in a good sun block. I really enjoyed going back to the water but I don’t keep close to those sea plants/grass.


Honestly I did not asked if breakfast is included in the package so I just brought a loaf of bread to the Island, when we are already hungry; we went to what I think as their kitchen to buy hot water. In a blog I read before they say it will cost you 150.00 per thermos so I just asked directly if I can buy a thermos of hot water, but the girl gave it to us for free! Yehey! she just made a comment like this “kay Mulo naman ata kayo e” We bought our coffee and bring our two cups of free hot water in our kubo. Then another girl named ate Bing came to our kubo she said she was waiting for us because they will serve our breakfast. Haha I was really happy but happier because we were served a very big daing na bangus, 3 pcs of hotdog, a lot of luncheon meat and a big bowl of rice. I already felt I cannot eat all of it. The food taste is ok, just like how those from the province cook their food. Personally I will rate the food as ok but give additional points for the very nice treatment they gave to their guest I was really glad I choose Mang Mulo over Armada. If we are very full in our breakfast, around 12 noon lunch was served composed of big bowl of rice, sweet and sour fish, 3 crabs, chopsuey, coke and a very delicious dessert I forgot the name but it has corn with macapuno and sweet in taste. Food will be served directly to your kubo this is not only for us but for all those who availed of their food. There is a big group where their food was brought directly to them. For our dinner it was inihaw na tilapia, inihaw na liempo, salted egg, big bowl of rice, coke and leche flan yum yum yum. We really cannot finish our food; we are bloated from the previous food we ate. We did not eat our chips that’s how full we are, Mang Mulo provided us 6liters mineral water it may be included in the package. Next morning (Sunday) we had two sunny side up, 3 pcs hotdog, tocino, coffee, and big bowl of rice. This was our last meal from the package I am happy from the service I get from Mang Mulo. I read a lot of not so good experiences with those who get the package from Armada. The locals are very helpful and they will give anything you need like letting you borrow their utensils for free and ask if you need anything.

In the evening, the water was so low most groups made their bonfire. You will not be restricted on your bonfire they would even help you get some wood or branches of tree. Me and my boyfriend watch the stars, he is actually so lucky he saw 2 shooting stars! The night is cold and quiet perfect for a romantic night.

It is so sad we are unable to do snorkeling, but we were able to go to white house. We just go there for a quick swim and a quick photo shoot. I heard from one of the tourist that if you go there in the morning you will see a sandbar, but we were there late in the afternoon. Boat ride is 100.00 as per Mang Mulo contradicting the bangkero who said 200.00 but I pay to Mang Mulo so it is only 100.00. Mostly they will tell you to just pay to the management who happens to be  Mang Mulo.

Going home we decided to go to Masinloc, since it is near the market to buy mangoes, but we were charged 300.00 for the gas. Yes, I was convinced Masinloc is really far from Magalawa Island. If you want to go home just inform Mang Mulo and you just need to wait for the boat to give you a ride. If you will asked me if I will come back to the Island? Yes I will and I will bring my family too.

Negative note: Local dogs are everywhere some tourist give left over food to the dogs but at night, there is someone in charge of shooing the dogs away from the tourist. The man will actually hit the dog, it is so sad this is animal cruelty. I asked the barangay official whom I called peacekeeping officer why they do that to the dogs, he said dogs steal food from the tourist and if the tourist will give food to them, the dogs will leave trash in the Island.


rocky

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »
^buti pa kayo sis nakatikim ng crab. hehe! nakalimutan ko kasing tanong si mang mulo kung san pwedeng bumili non, isda lang nabili namin saka pusit. 75/head talaga bayad sa trike sis hanggang veritas beach. mabait din yong mga staff don kasi sinamahan kaming bumili ng isda, pinapahiram kami ng mga utensils tapos sila na nag-insist na maghugas after naming gamitin. yong boatman namin nong nag-snorkeling kami, si kuya chris binibigyan ko ng tip ayaw tanggapin. :)

ok na rin na hindi kayo nag-attempt pumunta ng armada, ako kasi sinita ng staff don & bawal daw magpicture. hindi lang ako, halos lahat ng guest ng ruiz yon ang reklamo sa armada :-\

kittenchi17

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2012, 09:57:30 am »
oo nga sis rocky hindi na ako nag attempt hanggang dun lang sa may bandang tangos. Yung mga locals nga yun ang sabi samin na nagagalit daw yung matanda sa Armada pati yung anak nya masungit daw. Tinuruan pa nga kami sabi kung gusto daw namin na ikutin yung isla sa kabila daw kami dumaan kaso parang ang layo na e

wowry

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #251 on: July 20, 2012, 03:53:59 pm »
mga sis kids friendly ba sa magalawa island?meron kami kasamang kids na 2-6 years old.calm ba boat ride to the island or hindi kakayanin ng bata? TIA!

rocky

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #252 on: July 20, 2012, 04:03:51 pm »
^don't worry sobrang calm sis. from veritas beach 10 minutes lang boat ride hanggang magalawa. ;)

wowry

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #253 on: July 20, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »
thank you so much sis! :) tatawagan ko na si mang mulo for reservation :)

rocky

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2012, 04:15:37 pm »
^welcome sis. but don't expect too much ha kasi sobrang basic lang don ng nipa hut. pero the best yong service nila & sarap nilang magluto nong adobong pusit & fish na binili namin ;)

wowry

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2012, 06:12:47 pm »
awww ayaw pumayag ng pamangkin kong maarte hahaha so baka kami na lang ng mga friends ko pumunta diyan ayain ko sila kasi ang ganda ng beach na-eexcite ako :) mas okay pumunta kapag walang kasamang bata para walang maarte haha

danda

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2012, 11:24:53 am »
May restroom ba rito? :D

rocky

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2012, 01:13:34 pm »
^yes ;)

danda

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2012, 02:13:44 pm »
thank you sis. balak namin magpunta sa long weekend sa august. hehe!

rocky

  • Guest
Re: Magalawa Island (Palauig, Zambales)
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2012, 03:40:14 pm »
^text mo na lang si kuya mulo, 0929-4670505 ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close