Author Topic: What brand is your recommendation for luggage?  (Read 113927 times)

teeyah

• Heroine of My Life
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Chronicles of Vanity
What brand is your recommendation for luggage?
« on: April 26, 2010, 11:55:16 am »
I badly need to replace my luggage for my upcoming trip and Samsonite and Rimowa are both too high end for me. Any recommendations from you girls? Thanks everyone!  :)
Makeup, Skincare Reviews and Inspiration: http://www.chroniclesofvanity.com/

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: What brand is your recommendation for luggage?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 04:25:50 pm »
Though I've no personal experience I've heard American Tourister is good (Samsonite makes them).

I've always used Samsonite but I treated myself recently to a set of Rimowas. And I'm super loving it!

:)

chardonnay

• Inspired
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • There is nothing else!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:26:14 pm »
My concorde is also good. If u'r not getting the not so high end brand, consider getting the one with zipper kasi yung parang di lock lang haist delikado. Nasiraan na ako nun, buti i always have belt. I also now prefer yung tela kesa sa plastic kasi I have also experienced na mabasag talaga sya though pinalitan naman naman ng airline. Sana lang nadeclare ko nang mas medyo mahal pa kasi yung mahal dito cheap type lang katapat sa kanila :D)
LiFe Is Not AboUt FiNdiNg YouRseLf, It is AbOut CrEaTing YourSelF!

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:32:54 pm »
Though I've no personal experience I've heard American Tourister is good (Samsonite makes them).

I've always used Samsonite but I treated myself recently to a set of Rimowas. And I'm super loving it!

:)

Yup, got Rimowas too last April.  Great pieces.  The clothes stay in place, and easy to organize your stuff.  The price is worth the convenience.. and so easy to manage, better than the best 4wheel Samsonites.  And Rimowas do not "scream" like the LV pieces.  :) 

cher.liman

• verdadera muneca
  • Super GirlTalker
  • NATABUNAN NG PM!
    • Word for the World
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 08:30:08 pm »
Whats nice about Rimowa is when it gets scratched hindi halata. It blends in.

Whats not so nice is the added weight by the luggage on itself.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 08:45:21 pm »
Ah yang scratches na yan... we just got back from a trip.  Accdg to my cleaner, one Rimowa unit has 2 scratches.. white daw.  Eh sabi nila homogenous di ba.. if it gets scratched, it is still black.   So there, I will check it in a day or 2, and get back here on those scratches.

The thing I haven't debugged yet is how to remove the sticky residue of the labels slapped on at airports.  I am hesitatant about using  a chemical remover on it, may harm the gloss finish more.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS   which brand now sells a classy garment bag... the 1 for suits carried on the plane?  Black please.  Thanks in advance.

cher.liman

• verdadera muneca
  • Super GirlTalker
  • NATABUNAN NG PM!
    • Word for the World
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 09:15:16 pm »
^I use alcohol lang to get the sticky stuff out.

Yun ang sabi nila na it will blend daw when it gets scratched, I wonder if its true. Was supposed to buy one go na go na ako then I remembered Im notorious for over baggage and the add on is something Im concerned about.

I didn't get na the LV luggage, you're correct too attention calling, even the Epi is heavy for me added weight lang.

So I'm still searching for good luggage na pang check in.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:23:54 am »
@Aquacharly, use baby oil to remove both the glue residue and scratches. It worked for my Rimowas. I got the Salsa series by the way. It's the lightest among all Rimowas with the exception of the latest Salsa Air series. I'm loving them so much I got another piece. LOL! Hay! May hang-up talaga sa luggage!

My next project is the Rimowa Bolero business trolley for my hubby to be used as his flight bag.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 12:30:17 am »
Whats nice about Rimowa is when it gets scratched hindi halata. It blends in.

Whats not so nice is the added weight by the luggage on itself.

Cher, have you tried their Salsa series or their latest Salsa Air? They're the lightest luggage in the market right now. That was one of the reasons I got them since airline baggage weights have gone down I can maximise the contents without me worrying about the added weight of the bag itself.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 01:19:28 am »
MAMA SQUEAK, yes, got the Salsa de luxe too.  CHER.LIMAN, these are light, like Samsonites.   Actually lighter, if you compare the 4-wheeled styles.

The Salsa Air is even lighter.. BUT with kids and the big bags I need to survive ... the single handle is unwieldy.  The Salsa de luxe..  the handle has 2 errr whatever you call it.. so steadier to handle, specially if you put your heavy purse or carry-on on top pa.   :)

MAMA SQUEAK.. I am dying to get the cylindrical golf "bag"/case -- just waiting for it to come out in black.  hehe  Yes, I share your hang-up with the Rimowas.. I have 6 now, and angling for 4 more for the family.  What keeps me from getting greedy is my obsession for all-black luggage for the entire family.   (Gosh, the purple almost caused me sleepless nights.  hehe)

MAMA SQUEAK & CHER LIMAN -- THANKS for the tips on how to get the scratches off.  Will find time perhaps tomorrow to scrutinize the scratches.

CHER LIMAN... the Rimowas cost about 3-7thou less in Vegas, depending on the size.
At the Rimowas here... the come-on is... they give you a 15% rebate for your next purchase at Adora or Rimowa outlet.. but you have to spend it in 60days.   
IF you get 4 units of any size in 1 single purchase... they give you 20% rebate.   
Now,  the trick is ... get 1 suitcase, then use the rebate for the next unit you purchase.  Even if the time difference between purchases is just 5minutes.   ;)
That way, you max use of the rebate coupon... hindi iyong you go off to buy something just for the sake of using it.

CHER LIMAN, you will survive with the Rimowas.. coz it really packs in your stuff efficiently... you will be forced to organize your packed stuff better.
Or, get the medium suitcase and the carry-on.  They piggy-back together.. easy to pull sabay... rolls along so easy, you can even put your big purse on top and manage it all with a wrist.  :)

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 10:07:26 am »
@Aquacharly & Cher, it's cheaper to buy Rimowas in HKG compared to MNL. Better yet if you have any CX crew friends make pabili because they get additional 20% OFF.

Of course nothing compares to buying it in Germany where it is the cheapest, you get tax rebates pa. Hindi lang ako makaantay  ;D

purpleish

• Super GirlTalker
  • Princess Di
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 07:20:42 am »
kame naman Concorde yung mga luggages namen and ok na ok pa den kahit ilan taon na ;)
Instagram: purpleish_diane

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 08:36:19 am »
@Aquacharly & Cher, it's cheaper to buy Rimowas in HKG compared to MNL. Better yet if you have any CX crew friends make pabili because they get additional 20% OFF.

Of course nothing compares to buying it in Germany where it is the cheapest, you get tax rebates pa. Hindi lang ako makaantay  ;D

Ako din hindi maka pag antay.  hehe  ;D
Eh hindi ba pag nagpa tax rebate ka kelangan unused pag pinakita mo sa airport?

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 11:48:18 am »
^In my experience they're not that strict naman. Baka siguro kasi sinabayan ko ng charming ek-ek  ;D

I'll be in Munich this Sept and I'll be visiting their flagship store. Naku! Gasgas na naman kaibigan kong plastic!   ;D

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 03:04:37 am »
MAMA SQUEAK, please inform us of the price differentials. 

Have bad news... our Rimowas that pass through Macau airport, arrive here with whtie marks (paint).  I am not sure whether the paint gets on the suitcases (due to hard contact) at Macau or upon arrival here.
Bad news... hindi matanggal.  Kelangan ko siguro dalhin pa sa GB5 to see if they have a solution.  The Rockwell store says nothing can be done about it.  Kagigil.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 06:07:11 am »
@aquacharly - I wasn't able to go tho Rimowa's flagship store in Munich. Was too busy gulping down beer during the Oktoberfest!  ;D
But I saw a lot of Rimowa's at other stores selling 10-15K less than HKG's prices. As in super cheap! Our friend who was with us just had to buy a pilot bag for himself. Super tempting their prices talaga! I wanted to buy another luggage set but I had to stop myself because I was saving for a BV bag. Next time na lang. I compared prices between France and Germany and same lang their prices though Germany had more sales going.

Re the tax rebates, day before our departure from Paris I had all my purchases detaxed. Ewan lang kung tinatamad yung customs officer but all she asked from me was my passport and tax papers.  Walang tanong-tanong. She didn't even inspect my loot! Now I'm just waiting for the rebate to be credited to my cc.

wowry

• PRU LIFE UK Financial Advisor
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Former Flight Attendant Now Financial Advisor
    • Quit Poverty Now
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 02:55:39 am »
ERGO-been using it for 5 years and being a crew with unlimited baggage allowance;), i can attest to this brand.hindi ko lang alam if available sa Pinas:)

senorita_wia

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 05:03:19 am »
saan kaya may sale ng mga ganito ngayon?

tia.
People will stare. Make it worth their while. :-)

Babykiss

• Pacifist
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Shopaholic Mumpreneur
    • The Best Matrix in the World!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 09:39:54 am »
Samsonite is very tough.

jaded1025

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 10:32:55 am »
May samsonite ako na kasing edad ng sister ko, 16 years old. Haha!

Nakakahiyang gamiting dahil may part na napunit na yun tela but super okay padin. Carry pa din ang 30 kilos na books ko na pinadala ko samin.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close