IMO, a woman can have it ALL.
She just has to plan for it, work on it everyday, and PRAY.
AND mind her time management.
A career is important because having one's own economic power/means/assets is the best insurance one can get for one's self. Self-empowerment is the key to maximizing one's potential.
Of course, family is important. But if a wife/mother does not "grow" -- her family will leave her behind. The importance of her contribution to the family declines; and she eventually finds herself diminished. Sad story, avoid it.
Plus, a wife who contributes to family finances helps her husband in the sense that he has a partner in advancing family interests. That is 1 good way to love a person: to share the burden or challenge with him.
Now, there are many ways to skin a cat it is said. So, the route to self-empowerment may lie in employment, business or even just helping out in a husband's career or business.
I have chosen to do it the business route, as a working partner of my husband in the businesses we own.
Am I happy?
Reasonably, or most of the time. But I am confident that in my old age/when I have 1 foot in the Departure Area of Life -- I will not regret that I neglected or did not take care to the best of my abilities my children, husband and/or myself.
It is not a choice of either be a SAHM or a career or business woman. Worst case, it is a matter of timing.. 1 now, the other later, or whatever.
Plan for it, work on it... and you can have it all.
It won't be perfect, but you will have less regrets, you will have more options whatever life slaps you with. And the best: you will value yourself more.
Life is meant to be a joyful journey, more often than not.
So why limit your enjoyment by thinking you have only 2 choices: SAHM or career?
It is all out there for you to get for yourself... kapalan lang yan ng mukha, tibayan lang yan ng sikmura, consistency lang yan each f*cking day -- even on those days you cannot even pick yourself up or when your heart is broken...
(teka hindi ko sinabing kapalan or tiyagaan lang yan nang pag nakaw ng asawa ng iba ha. hehe form of pangugurakot na yan)
So there, I am sick and tired of hearing women say: a SAHM mom is better than a career woman and vice-versa. So I will stop here before I go on and mabato bato ako. Peace! ah basta, lahat may solution, lahat may paraan, basta gusto di ba?
Nothing risked, nothing worked on, nothing gained.