watch now

Author Topic: Solo Travels (Thread 2)  (Read 125724 times)

Frothe

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2011, 03:24:26 pm »
great, i thought i'm the only one who does solo travels. i started with just dining out alone, having coffee alone, malling alone, clubbing alone, going somewhere far north then far south and so the story continued. until i reached visayan and ilocos region alone. haha adventure talaga. my friends find it weird but my stand is i need time off alone and if it happens, i don't worry wherever my feet bring me.

I'm planning to have a solo travel too before April 2011 ends. Kahit sana 2-day adventure/trip lang. I'm into photography and swimming.  Where do you suggest is the best place to do it for 2 days? My idea is somewhere near the airport (no long land travels) going to spots/beaches. Thanks in advance.

Frothe

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #321 on: February 26, 2011, 03:31:18 pm »
I just have my fist solo travel last weekend at Cebu.  It a nice experience wondering alone and explore the place plus, you don't have to worry with anybody but yourself.  For me, mas lalo kung na appreciate yung place  and being independent.  Downside nga lang yung no one will take your picture.  I have to ask somebody pa...

Thanks sis for this post.. made me wanna travel alone in Cebu too.

Frothe

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2011, 03:57:43 pm »
ako lagi din solo traveller... pero tamad naman akong mag blog... been to baguio for the nth time na solo and super na eenjoy ko naman sya... been to dumaguete twice na solo traveller also... sanayan lang siguro...

next stop ko ng pagiging solo traveller ko iloilo and laoag next yr...

Hi Sis.. where do you usually go to in Dumaguete? Twin lakes ba 'yan? Beaches? Or city tour? I'm planning to have solo travel there too.  :)

sheluvsmemon

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2011, 05:07:48 pm »
hi pa-join...
been travelling solo since 2008...my solo adventures are in Gold Coast, Sydney and melbourne. Singapore, bangkok, hongkong nd around nz...
i always choose to stay in hotels (4-5 star) cause of security reasons but this year i tried hostels too just be more careful.

i laso love long drives, my 4x4, luggage and gps, lakwatsa na...

angelice_08

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2011, 02:30:04 pm »
anyone na nakapagtry magsolo travel to biri island? :) thanks

thesoloist

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #325 on: March 04, 2011, 10:54:03 pm »
gusto ko din mag-travel alone..i don't know where to start.
i'm planning sana this july or august. sa asia muna. pero dream ko talaga ang holyland :) any tips sisters? travel agencies? the cost?

nainaj

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #326 on: March 07, 2011, 05:34:26 pm »
planning to solo travel ulit this year..naghahanap pa ako ng magandang destination local lang.

t0shee

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2011, 07:48:10 am »
Hay,, thank God I was able to search this thread.  gustong gusto ko din magtravel magisa, paano ba naman, like this year, out of 6 bookings ko, 3 na dun ang hindi natuloy because my bestfriend cannot come, parang nawalan na din ako ng gana pumunta magisa.

im hooked in photography din san kaya maganda pumunta na local lang. hayy

ayin2272

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #328 on: March 08, 2011, 12:20:40 pm »
suggest ko sa gusto mag solo mag isa ...singapore. went there mag isa at gumala ako mag isa (first time ko mag travel abroad). never ako nagkaroon ng kasama. may mga kilala ako dun pero puro busy sila at pwede naman sila after work kaso d ko na contact kasi iisipin ko pa sila. kasi at least ako kahit san ko gusto pumunta kahit maglakad ako ng maglakad ok lang d ko iisipin kung baka pagod na sya or baka gutom na. safe dun kahit 1am nasa clarke quay ako weekdays pa ok safe. never ko na feel ang takot dun

mavhy

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #329 on: March 08, 2011, 12:50:30 pm »
Hay,, thank God I was able to search this thread.  gustong gusto ko din magtravel magisa, paano ba naman, like this year, out of 6 bookings ko, 3 na dun ang hindi natuloy because my bestfriend cannot come, parang nawalan na din ako ng gana pumunta magisa.

im hooked in photography din san kaya maganda pumunta na local lang. hayy

Naghahanap din ako ng magandang site for photography hehe beginner pala ako eh ;)

helga21

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2011, 12:53:39 pm »
@ frothe, actually super madami ka pwede puntahan esp if you're alone since wala ka iisipin na preferences/inhibitions ng kasama mo. cebu is a good place to start. davao is also good. somewhere north naman ilocos. hth


ficklemind

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2011, 01:48:34 pm »
Hi. Newbie here. Saan kaya maganda pumunta for 1st time solo traveler…yung hindi sana beach. :) Target ko is Sep-Oct this year. :)

Naghahanap din ako ng magandang site for photography hehe beginner pala ako eh ;)

SAGADA  ;)

suggest ko sa gusto mag solo mag isa ...singapore. went there mag isa at gumala ako mag isa (first time ko mag travel abroad). never ako nagkaroon ng kasama. may mga kilala ako dun pero puro busy sila at pwede naman sila after work kaso d ko na contact kasi iisipin ko pa sila. kasi at least ako kahit san ko gusto pumunta kahit maglakad ako ng maglakad ok lang d ko iisipin kung baka pagod na sya or baka gutom na. safe dun kahit 1am nasa clarke quay ako weekdays pa ok safe. never ko na feel ang takot dun
thanks for sharing sis! I will be in Singapore next week.
for 2 weeks solo lang ako. my officemate will be coming by the end of the month pa. I will go to KL and Melaka din alone. might as well go to Batam too.
nakakakaba kasi magisa lang ako pero this is it! bawal na magbackout  ;)

mavhy

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2011, 01:53:13 pm »
SAGADA  ;)

Kaso takot ako pumunta dun magisa haha :)

helga21

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2011, 06:03:22 pm »
^ quite dangerous nga if sagada solo-trip. but if you really are adventurous pwede din, enjoy!

mavhy

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2011, 06:16:34 pm »
^Hehe correct sis. Wala pa ko sa level na yun :).

riandrew

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2011, 05:09:26 am »
i did Sagada alone, awa ng Diyos buhay naman ako. ;D

that's my 1st ever solo travel. wala ng pacute and easy destination. hard core agad. ganun din naman yun. solo traveler ka pa din =)

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2011, 05:31:39 am »
For someone who reached the age of 30 without any solo traveling, I knew that I had to get used to the fact of being alone in an unfamiliar place.  So I started small - and by that, I mean I practiced walking around and shooting pictures in the relatively close but unfamiliar places of Intramuros and Quezon Memorial Circle, and the the Loyola Memorial Park in Marikina.

Then when I was comfortable enough, I figured I want to shock my senses (for some insane reason) and go to Batanes alone.  Best decision in my life - even with the P13,650 round trip air fare).

After that, I gained a little more confidence in my traveling skills but it coincided with my discovery of a travel group - so I gladly traded independence with convenience, and I had a number of trips with them.

Last December, I again wanted to test myself so I went to Dumaguete-Siquijor alone.  It was a bit more difficult than Batanes in the sense that I had no prior arrangements with any guide, so up to the time I checked in my hotel, I was still doing online research (mostly in GT) on how to get in touch with some.  I'd say I earned more experience in being street smart with my Dumaguete experience.

Overall, I'd say I still prefer traveling with people - even with people I don't know.  It's easier on the budget and it's more fun.  But I do have a special liking for solo traveling.  I plan on doing two or three this year - including a Vietnam/Cambodia trip in November.  ;-)

nainaj

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2011, 08:45:49 am »
i did Sagada alone, awa ng Diyos buhay naman ako. ;D

that's my 1st ever solo travel. wala ng pacute and easy destination. hard core agad. ganun din naman yun. solo traveler ka pa din =)


dream ko to!magtravel sa sagada alone!kumukuha pa ako ng guts para gawin to.  :)

riandrew

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2011, 01:01:34 pm »
^ yes mahvy? hehe


dream ko to!magtravel sa sagada alone!kumukuha pa ako ng guts para gawin to.  :)
nainaj, trust me. it's not as hard as you think. lampa akong babae. taon taon akong naoospital, pero kinaya ko activities sa Sagada. lakas lang ng trip! gow gow! kayang kaya mo yan!  ;)

mavhy

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #339 on: March 09, 2011, 01:21:52 pm »
i did Sagada alone, awa ng Diyos buhay naman ako. ;D

that's my 1st ever solo travel. wala ng pacute and easy destination. hard core agad. ganun din naman yun. solo traveler ka pa din =)

Konting dasal pa at ipon ;)! Kinakabahan ako magisa eh haha :)
Haha di pala lumabas :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close