watch now

Author Topic: Solo Travels (Thread 2)  (Read 125792 times)

riandrew

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2010, 12:55:51 am »
Kaka-inspire ang mga blogs nina sis Nina and sis Chyng.  I'd love to try traveling outside the country by myself, perhaps next birthday :)
madami pa kong kakaining bigas bago ko abutan yung level ni Nina. mentor ko din yan. (naks!)

thanks for the mention. kayang kaya mo mag-international trip. being alone in a strange country where no one knows you and everyone barely understands you is totally a different thing. ang sarap ng feeling to overcome this all by yourself.. nakaka-kaba lang sa una pero madali lang pala. go! :)

neeners

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2010, 05:39:58 am »
Tama si Chyng. Nakakatakot lang talaga yung sa part na pag plan mo, but when you're there na, iisipin mo "ah, eto lang pala yun. Sisiw!"

Of course, it's hard specially when there's a language barrier, but believe me, most of the time, it's not as hard as you expect it to be.

As Ian Wright said, "The first step is in your head. So don't think about it, buy a flight ticket tomorrow and then worry about it on the plane. This is the hardest step."

italiandoll

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2010, 08:14:00 am »
^^Thanks sisses Chyng and Nina. :)

I'm thinking Vietnam and Cambodia because I haven't been there yet and I heard from my friends that Angkor is amazing, I've a year pa naman to research and decide on where to go and save up for it if I'm gonna do it for my birthday next year.  I'm stoked na ngayon pa lang. :)

riandrew

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2010, 06:32:50 am »
^ exactly the 2 countries where I traveled solo.
Cambodia is special, lalo na it's not very easy to reach. Walang direct flight. Do SGN-SR-BKK route. di masaya yung SGN-SR-SGN.. ang layo.

neeners

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2010, 06:39:09 am »
italiandoll: abang ka ng sale ng Air Asia, may hub sila sa Bangkok.

Okay rin mag stay sa Vietnam, work your way from the south (HCMC) to the central region (Hoi An, Hue) onwards to the north (Hanoi).

khryz_07

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2010, 06:00:37 pm »
sana makapagsolo travel din me or not.. makasama sa mga group travel ^_^

arielle

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2010, 02:03:11 pm »
meron na ba dito nakapagtravel alone sa jakarta? safe kaya magtravel magisa dun kung babae ka

Liam R

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2010, 04:56:34 pm »
Thanks, sis Neeners :)

Actually decided naman ako, di ko lang talaga alam kung saan ako pupunta.

And kailangan kasi sakin planned lahat. Tipong full-blown research para walang sayang sa trip.

I'm thinking nga kung willing din naman ako to splurge, I might consider na rin Asia.

Suggestions? :)

neeners

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2010, 10:58:25 pm »
Liam R: If within Southeast Asia, my favorites are Thailand (Bangkok, Ko Phi Phi if you're into beaches), Malaysia (Penang, Melaka, Cameron Highlands), Vietnam (Saigon, Hanoi, Hue, Hanoi) and Cambodia (Siem Reap). I haven't ventured much outside of Southeast Asia, but I liked Macau and would love to visit Japan. Sri Lanka and India.


arielle: I've traveled solo in Jakarta. The people are pretty nice and it was safe to go around on your own.

italiandoll

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #269 on: November 02, 2010, 09:07:53 am »
Thanks Chyng and Nina for your tips.   ;)

I'm thinking SGN-SR-BKK na route nga.  Sabi naman ng friend ko, may tour package daw sha alam (backpacking style) na 480USD for SGN-SR-BKK, i'll be on my own but with a tour group.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2010, 01:20:13 pm »
went to Cairo Egypt alone, even my Egyptian friend thinks Im crazy. Ang mahirap lang is the language barrier since its not an English speaking nation as in pati yun "Egyptian Museum" hindi nila alam in English. lol

and I went to Delhi and Agra to see the Taj Mahal alone. hahahahhaa adventurous ako eh. Thank you Wikitravel for all the help.

barefoot_taka

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #271 on: November 09, 2010, 03:33:13 am »
would love to travel alone. although i can dine alone. and i even watched a movie alone. one time lang and i don't ever want to do it again. i got harassed by a manyakis. i moved to another seat, another lane. and he moved too. he kept on following me nagtago na nga ako. scary! to think na the movie was cinderella story starring hillary duff. akala ko safe ako since medyo pambata naman yung movie.
anyways, back to travelling alone...dream ko na yan before pa. parang a measure of my maturity. pero hubby is adamant for me to not try it. masyadong praning. kesyo di daw safe,etc.etc.at bakit ko pa daw gugustuhing mag-isa when he can come with me naman.
so sana soon magawa ko din ito.

pinkcheeks

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2010, 08:52:24 am »
I've been reading this thread a lot and it inspired me to travel on my own.

I wanted to do it as a reward for myself, I've been too restless with my past relationships and I might consider traveling as a break..

Any suggestions for first timers like me?

btw i love reading your blog, neeners :)

gleek

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2010, 10:16:15 am »
same here..actually GT made me realize there's life outside my life. (house,office,bf's house,mall etc)

i'm also inspired to travel at least ma experience ko lang,on my own..  kahit sa bangkok lang (since I love shopping and beach)

hope to do this as bday gift for myself next year

safe din ba magtravel s BKK alone?

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2010, 10:39:23 am »
yup, safe sa bkk. cheap pa. you can also go to sgn, it is also safe to travel there alone though more expensive.

italiandoll

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #275 on: November 13, 2010, 10:00:56 am »
@gleek: for me yes, safe naman sa BKK and the Thais are friendly, willing to help for directions, plus they look like us Filipinos.  I love their food and Thai iced tea and Buddhist temples, obsessed kasi ako sa Buddhism.  Also the shopping is great.   ;)

letters_to_cleo

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #276 on: December 03, 2010, 10:09:37 am »
I want to do this too! I hope in 2011 I can have my first long haul (5 days) Solo travel.

sexy_maldita0089

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #277 on: December 03, 2010, 03:02:21 pm »
calbayog and iloilo sis :)


Sis, taga-Calbayog ka? sorry.. hehe

javazcript

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #278 on: December 04, 2010, 08:19:57 pm »
hi mga sis,

I will do travelling alone in Bicol. Actually hindi naman dapat ako solo kaso sa dami ng mga kasama ko dapat eh nagback out sila, whew! kaya eto solo ako going to Bicol, CWC muna tas going to Legazpi City. Ang kinakatakot ko lang is yung flight ko MNL-NAGA, kasi i'll be coming all the way from Laguna pa tas yung flight ko eh around 620am, so dapat mga 3am asa byahe na ako, dun ako natatakot sa papunta airport eh, no choice kelangan ko mag taxi going to NAIA TERMINAL 3.

showermist

  • Guest
Re: Solo Travels (Thread 2)
« Reply #279 on: December 08, 2010, 03:53:13 pm »
^naku sis, mag hotel ka na lang near the airport.  mas safe. 

-----------
i love solo travelling.  mas naienjoy ko at namamaximize ko yung time ko.  cons:  walang kukuha ng pics ko :( 
puro lahat pakiusap hehe

i am suppose to travel travel back to hawaii and colorado this coming january 2011--kahapon ko lang nalaman na expired na ang US visa ko :(  :(  :( 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close