Author Topic: All about Plus-sizes  (Read 72431 times)

cute_kyoko

• Probationary
Good Shops or boutiques for Plus size women
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 01:49:15 am »
Hi mga sis!  Just wondering if you know of any places that sell clothes for plus size women?  I know SM and Landmark Dept stores have areas for plus sizes, but their choices are very limited.  I've also been to Tubby and TBS but I would like more variety.  Thanks!   :D
When you love someone all your saved-up wishes start coming out.  -- Elizabeth Bowen

magnics

• Mom to Bei
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Good Shops or boutiques for Plus size women
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 10:02:23 am »
Marks & Spencer and Debenhams, quite pricey nga lang pero pag sale season ok na ok prices nila :)
"WORK like you dont need money, LOVE like you've never been hurt And DANCE like no ones watching."

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 06:45:12 pm »
Maldita has a plus size line also

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 06:51:03 pm »
there is an existing thread on plus-size fashion.

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,208990.0.html

kusinera311

• born to be a cook!!!born to love my hubby and i am a
  • GirlTalker
    • www.cherman@weddingannouncer.com
Help
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 05:17:27 pm »
Hi mga sis..Just want to ask some help kasi im not really good sa pagpili ng mga damit or id rather say im baduy..being a chef minsan [textspeak!] ako makalabas usually routine ko eh bahay at kusina lang..i do wear shorts and t shirt to work before but now i can wear my uniform from my room to work..(20 steps away n [textspeak!] workplace ko) but it seems i lost already the trend.everytime n lumalabas kami ng mga friends ko  usually wear shorts rubber shoes and t shirt parang nkaka alangan kc they do dress their self nice..plus mataba pa ko so khit anong gusto ko pumorma lagi na lang walang kasya..can somobody help me to improve my fashion.. :'(
there is no more sincere love than the love of food!...

beach

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 09:07:32 am »
there's lots of sellers on ebay who sell plus-size clothing...

you can also use spanx underneath to fit into the "medyo masikip" clothes that we often end up with when we gain weight... :)

cookiecravings

• contemplating a major life renovation and still a
  • Probationary
Re: Help
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 02:49:05 am »
Sis! I'm a size 14! Yeah, it can be a tad hard looking for sizes that fit us pero madami na ngayon sa dept. store ng plus size aisles.  :)

So okay, just to give you a picture, I'm very curvy. Too curvy. Lol. Especially from the waist down. So here's how I maintain looking fashionable.

Wear A-line skirts, with lots of soft pleats. Make sure the hem hits like an inch below your knee and the waist band is NOT garterized.

Pair it with long tops. Sleeves or no sleeves -- up to you, whichever you're more comfortable with. Better paired with outer wear like an open vest. A long sleeveless cardigan. It lengthens the silhouette.

Don't be afraid of color. Go for solids or small floral prints. No no ang big prints unless it's a dress.

Consider wearing dark tights or opaque stockings with your skirt or dress. Timing, kasi rainy season na. It'll keep you warm.  ;)

Flats or heels, up to you ulit. Advise lang: go with nude toned or light colored shoes. It elongates your leg. Try to avoid straps that go around the ankle. This cuts you off especially if you wear dark shoes. If you're not a fan of cream colored shoes, go for color: aqua blue, coral, mustard. Or metallics: Silver, white gold. Looks classy. Avoid too much accessories with your shoes. Yung mga borloloy na nakasabit sa toe? Lalong pinalaki yung paa kasi. Go for simple cuts. Stream-lined.

Dresses with a cinched waist. Like halter sports dress with a big skirt. Or kung gusto mo shift dress in a dark color. It narrows your silhouette. Consider angled/diagonal necklines. Maybe even greek goddess necklines.

If not a fan of skirts and dresses, try dark wash denim jeans. Boot cut or straight cut. Kung gusto mo mag skinny jeans make sure to pair it with heels para humaba tingnan legs mo. Skinny jeans wrapped on big thighs need all the elongating help they can get e. Hehe.  ;D

Sis! Makeup. To complete the look! Also, accessorize with either big earrings, looong pendant necklace or bracelet. Not all at once ha? Pili ka lang ng isa o dalawa.

And of course, confidence! No matter how fashionable you may dress if wala naman confidence, FAIL pa rin yun.  :o

Try out different looks. See what feels best to you. Develop your own style. One your friends and people can identify you with. 

Try checking Forever 21's Faith Line:

http://www.forever21.com/category.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=faith_main&Page=1

It's their catalog for plus size outfits. You may get ideas here for yourself. ^_^
Save. Save. Save. ^_^

kusinera311

• born to be a cook!!!born to love my hubby and i am a
  • GirlTalker
    • www.cherman@weddingannouncer.com
Re: Help
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 03:45:11 pm »
wow sis you make my day! ;) thanks a lot! ;D
there is no more sincere love than the love of food!...

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
Re: HELP
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:23 am »
high heels always help... but watch how these look vs your proportion.
Also,  it would not look okay if you appear as if you are tottering.. regardless of your weight.  Even anorexics who wear the new super heels and look pained in them... should cease and desist  (fashion victims)

Ihadelaluna

• Wiccan High Priestess
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Wiccan/Tarot Counselor/on line Occult Shop Owner
    • Lady Luna Dana's Lair
Re: HELP
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 10:46:46 pm »
Hi

Girltakers I badly need your help, anyway I'm a big lady, I am planning to change the way I dress, a more sophisticated one. And i also want to look a bit tall, do you thing wearing heels will help?

hi, Im a big girl too but that never stopped me from being who I want to be, I even put up a group in fb its called PHAT CHANCE - Pretty Hot And Thick Chance....if you got problems in wardrobe you can always check out hyttp://kaiplus.multiply.com. lingeries there is always http://www.hipsandcurves.com, for shoes I suggest wear more wedges it helps you get taller and wont get you in trouble, personally I cant wear stilletto heels,  as for pants leggings and skirts are better be right above the knee that will help you get longer legs illusion, all I can say is that I love my Big sistahs, because they are as beautiful as they wanted to be
follow everywhere:
FBgroup:
 @dreaminterpretationsbyladydana
fb: @theladydana
twitter: @LadyDana_T
youtube: @ladydana888
IG: @the.ladydana
blog: https://ladydsquill.blogspot.com/

docbubwit

fashion for heavy girls
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 03:04:31 am »
hi!

i'm one of the many who is unfortunate to be heavy. i'm 36 years old, 5'1" and 168 lbs. :o :'( :-[ (i know it's disgusting!) but i am back to the gym and shifting to a healthier lifestyle to lose the weight. :) wish me luck on this...

i'm seeking for fashion advice as how to look human ;D (translation:good) inspite of the weight. i'm apple-shaped but i have a good chest size and backside. i guess the look that i am looking for is casual but well-put together. my budget is enough to get me a new wardrobe but not enough to hire me a stylist and get a new wardrobe.

help please...any suggestions?

annehall

• GirlTalker
  • The world is not perfect,that's why it's beautiful
Re: fashion for heavy girls
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 01:54:11 pm »
are you a Cable subscriber? If yes, nood ka ng "Making Over America with Trinny and Susannah" sa Lifetyle network

ang galing dun kasi yung mga nag make over medyo on the heavy side din so they really understand the feelings ng mga medyo sa heavy side. yun yung tingin ko hehe and ang galing nila talaga mag make over :)

ok yung mga fashion advice nila dun :)
environmental advocacy matters... a lot!

docbubwit

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 12:05:00 am »
yup. sige, i'll watch the show.

thanks...

torque15

• trying to find my place under the sun
    • torque hunts
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 12:25:23 am »
i've watched that show a couple of times lang.
i agree mahirap mag dress up kapag medyo heavy. yo-yo kasi weight ko :)

pomegranate

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2010, 12:21:59 am »
Blazers often do the trick, then a lacey camisole that nicely frame your decolletage will highlight your asset. Apple-shaped? So it means that at least you have nice legs, wear shorts then cover the rest. A-line skirts is flattering for any body shape, but for petites like us, it is advisable that the length is 2 inches above the knee. What I usually do whenever I feel bloated is to highlight my assets and downplay the rest, and I'd still get compliments that I look sexy. Also, it helps to know the colors that suit you. Neutrals are safe but you'll look better if you match it with your skin undertone. Ako, cool undertone so stark white looks better on me compared to creams. Invest in a wardrobe that has a good quality, iba rin kasi ang bagsak ng tela pag ganun, mas flattering. But of course, since you've been hitting the gym, better limit muna your purchase and just mix and match them because baka within 3 mos. time you'll be a size or 2 smaller  8) Good luck :)

maitienza

• Mary Kay Senior Independent Beauty Consultant
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 12:33:32 am »
Hi docbubwit!

You know where I love to shop? Preggy mommy shops like Having a Baby and Gingersnaps!

I know it's weird but I'm a heavy girl too and when I go to plus sized shops I get depressed because the clothes are so not stylish at all! Buti pa the preggy clothes... if you choose well, they are really pretty looking!

I am pear shaped and I really don't know how to choose from the hanger if an article of clothing looks good on me. So I just get everything and I just try it on! If I like it, I buy it... if there are several colors of something that is particularly flattering, I buy those colors too. That way, we don't run out of things to wear!

I hope this helps. There's a lot of nice clothes to be had by big girls like us!

maitienza

• Mary Kay Senior Independent Beauty Consultant
Re: All about Plus-sizes
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2010, 12:43:31 am »
Hi girls! I posted na rin sa ibang thread about this... pero ang saya lang kasi i-share!

If you're not shy about shopping in a preggy shop, do it! The clothes are stylish and they fit... Just this evening I picked up a blouse at mommy shop kasi maganda.

Ayoko kasi sa plus-sized shop, hindi maganda and they just highlight our fatness instead of flattering the body.

myerah

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 10:38:13 am »
ako kasi mataba ako i always wear black, hay ang hirap talaga ng mataba hirap mkahanap ng maganda damit :-[

kyoote

• GirlTalker
  • live life to the fullest.
    • bee's kyoote blog :)
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 01:37:03 am »
If you're going for a look without heels, go for big skater shoes.. It makes my lil' sister's small feet look proportionate to her whole body.

beach

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 10:30:43 pm »
wear shapewear underneath to smoothen the flabs. There are great brands out there like Spanx, Bali and Heavenly Shapewear that are very comfortable yet still do their job. Ang laki ng difference. :)

I am a size 16 so I am pretty big. But I feel confident when I wear shapeear underneath my regular clothes.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close