watch now

Author Topic: How to prevent Stretchmarks??  (Read 198929 times)

coifishh

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #600 on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:45 pm »
Sis chichitaa, sobra nga kati eh! Minsan nagigising ako ng madaling araw tapos kamot na ko ng kamot. Pero ngayon, naglalagay na lang ako agad ng lotion, mas na-lessen pag kamot ko. Bakit pala natatakot ka mag lotion? Ako rin nung una hesitant ako mag-lotion, pero nung yung ob ko na nagsabi na mag-lotion ako, nawala na takot ko, di naman maapektuhan si baby  :)

bearhuggs

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #601 on: October 13, 2014, 05:27:20 pm »
Me, I used Mustela double Action Cream, religiously from the moment I knew Im pregnant till now, more than a month na ako nanganak.  It's hypoallergenic too.…. but then, stretch mark is stretch Mark.  I Guess you really can't avoid it. and walang cream/ lotion na 100% when you apply it e ligtas ka na .   I can't remember me scratching my tummy since never naman siya nangati. But come my 8th month -- bigla laki ng tummy and dun, nagsimula na mag appear young red marks.

ninsky01

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #602 on: October 15, 2014, 07:01:19 pm »
Wala akong stretchmarks until week 34 ko ata.. Napansin ng mister ko sa lower tummy ko na unti unti na dumadami. Some say it's in the genes. Ganon din pala yun mom and mga sisters ko kaya no doubt na magkakaroon din ako. I still bought Palmer's cocoa butter and apply it 3x a day. baka pwede pa.. at least sana mag-lighten. :)

GeminiTiger

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #603 on: October 15, 2014, 08:31:01 pm »
I was so happy na wala akong stretchmarks , pero nung nag 7 months na tummy ko i decided to use Celeteque Maternity cream based sa mga nabasa kong reviews to avoid stretchmarks na din.

Then nung nag late 8 months na, ang kati kati na din ng tummy ko , ayun bigla lumabas yung mga stretchmarks , lalo na sa ilalim banda . Sana lang mag fade siya in tme just like my mother. And I just think na Im a mommy tiger and im just earning my stripes.  ;D

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #604 on: October 20, 2014, 07:21:30 pm »
Already gave birth and no stretch marks! Not sure if i'm in the safe zone na kasi some get them after giving birth daw.

coifishh

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #605 on: October 27, 2014, 10:04:22 pm »
Good for you sis chubbycheeks at wala kang stretchmarks!  :)
Im using human nature's sunflower oil, hopefully mag-lighten stretchmarks ko.

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #606 on: October 29, 2014, 04:05:15 pm »
^ Pero may linea negra pa din haha. Matatanggal pa ba toh?

gharz412

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #607 on: October 30, 2014, 04:35:19 pm »
matatanggal pa yan sis in due time ;D

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #608 on: October 30, 2014, 08:19:03 pm »
^ antayin ko na lang, di naman ako magbi-bikini in the near future hehe.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #609 on: April 18, 2015, 09:11:47 pm »
I swear by using virgin coconut oil after taking a shower, then putting a thick layer of The Body Shop's Shea Butter (which has both cocoa butter, and shea butter). I gained 50 lbs when I was pregnant a long time ago but never got stretch marks on my tummy, even if genetically I am predisposed to stretch marks because super dami stetchmarks of my mom, but me wala talaga.

 I put Shea Butter more than once a day. Every time I remember I put some on. I used to have a container beside my bed, in the bathroom, and even in the living room beside the TV. I use up 1 container of Body Shop Shea Butter every 2 weeks.

I tried Palmers, and also this stretch mark cream from Beauty Bar. But I liked the one of Body Shop best because it is super thick. The point is to use the thickest cream you can find and keep putting it on 3-4x a day.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:17:57 pm by Chili1113 »

arragalang

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #610 on: April 18, 2015, 09:18:17 pm »
Argan Oil or Marula Oil is the bestest and most premium product. :) it doesnt only prevent stretchmark. All around sya. Google nyo benefits. Hindi rin totoo na na genetics ang stretchmarks, my lola and my mom had it pero ako never. Its all about taling care of your skin talaga. The mkre organic the better. I use 100% pure Argan Oil from Morocco. We import it. Family business :)

Thanks sa mga moms na nag order before out of stock na kami hehe. Waiting dor the next shipment to arrive an may port congestion pa. Sorry ang bilis naubos :p

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #611 on: April 18, 2015, 09:31:03 pm »
^I agree that Argan oil is good. But when I was preggers 10 years ago it wasnt readily available so I used Virgin Coconut Oil.

But no oil is enough to completely moisturize the skin. The moisture level has to be locked in by placing a very thick cream on top of the oil layer. No single oil is adequate, and no single cream of lotion is enough too. Just like fighting wrinkles, you cannot rely on just 1 product to fight stretchmarks. It has to be a combination of things.

I dont think WHAT you put is as important as when you start and how you apply your skin care. You have to start as skin care as soon as you get preggers, and not wait till your tummy starts getting big. Plus it has to be done often. 2x a day isn't enough especially since it gets rubbed off on our clothes. But honestly there are a lot of cheap alternatives. VCO and getting the thickest cream or body butter you can find. It doesnt have to be branded. My Italian friend told me in Italy some women use Olive Oil etc etc.

Also stretchmarks is scientifically proven to be genetic, but if you take extra care you can avoid or minimize stretch marks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:32:51 pm by Chili1113 »

jelly_ace

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #612 on: April 27, 2015, 01:36:50 pm »
Before I got pregnant I'm already searching for products to prevent scretch marks kasi ayoko talaga magkaroon.

Then I finally got pregnant and guess what? I suddenly hated all hygiene products. Swear ako na yata pinaka dugyot na preggers. Mapa shampoo, soap, toothpaste etc. I hated the smell. I kept reminding myself about the stretch marks but keber. Sabi ko ah bahala na eh di magka-stretch marks! Basta I'm not putting anything on my tummy.

Every month check ako ng check sa tiyan ko kung may mga stretch marks na lumalabas. At tuwing nakikita ko mga lotions ko sa dresser naiinis lang ako kasi ayoko talaga ng lotion. What I did, I gave all of my lotions away para wala ako nakikita hehe!

Awa ng Diyos I gave birth and surprise surprise not a single mark! Even mga nurses sa hospital na amaze. I have to thank my mom's genes for that. My mom gave birth twice and wala din siya stretch marks.

Based on my personal experience ha meron talaga kinalaman ang genes.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #613 on: April 27, 2015, 01:54:19 pm »
Yes sis sobrang genetic ang stretchmarks!! Kaya when I was pregnant I was so afraid bec my mom has a lot!! However I am so lucky I didnt get stretchmarks on my tummy  even if I gained 50 lbs while preggy.  So I guess the skin care did help a bit, or maybe I just got lucky. =)

ilykeee

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #614 on: April 27, 2015, 07:31:55 pm »
Before ako maligo nagpapahid muna ako ng rosehip oil sa tummy wala lang feeling ko lang baka malamigan si baby hehe. Pero after maligo nagpapahid naman ako ng Palmer's cocoa butter. 24 weeks na ako now, wala pa rin akong stretchmarks at sana wala nang magappear.

fionnah325

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #615 on: May 08, 2015, 01:03:03 pm »
mga sis may e share ako..nanganak ako nong march 2014 last year pero alam niyo bang nakakpagtaka wala man lang akong stretch mark...may mga kakilala ba kayong the same sa akin?mabuti at wala akong stretch mark

itsnikimendoza

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #616 on: May 14, 2015, 05:17:49 pm »
hello sisses, just want to share, I've been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter to prevent stretch marks. So far so good!:) I'm getting it from a friend, baka lang may interested to get din, cheaper than stores. :) using it personally so I can say na super effective sya. :)

+arte20+

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #617 on: May 14, 2015, 08:14:23 pm »
^Mukhang effective nga sya sis! Yan din gamit ko nung preggy pa ako. No strechmarks ako kahit super laki ng tummy ko. Worth it kahit pricey :)

jessevaldez

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #618 on: May 22, 2015, 11:58:40 pm »
stretch marks is the same as kamot ba? Meron ako kaso sa may butt area. Pangit tuloy kapag naka 2 pc. Paano ba mawala yun if hindi na na prevent? =/

clariego

  • Guest
Re: How to prevent Stretchmarks??
« Reply #619 on: May 23, 2015, 03:59:46 am »
sis @itsnikkimendoza yung friend mo sis yung nagbebenta hoe much?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close