Author Topic: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?  (Read 118038 times)

flyknits

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #320 on: September 02, 2014, 07:30:17 pm »
Very important for me hehe :) I really like my 1 carat vvs1 heart engagement ring. So unique and sparkly kaya everytime I wear it I always get a lot of compliment :) Nanliit nga lang nung tinapat sa e.ring ni heart . The manner it was given to me though, was not melodramatic. Kaya gusto ko sana ng 2nd proposal hahahaha !

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #321 on: September 02, 2014, 10:32:19 pm »
  sis fionapple, kaka kilig yung proposal sayo!! hehe kaka aliw marining mga proposal stories!!! and your rings sound lovely as well.

kami naman, the night he proposed, nasiraan pa kami ng car!! kinda unromantic. Hahaha pero natatawa lang ako. All is well and still wouldnt change a thing.

tinapay

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #322 on: September 03, 2014, 12:16:14 pm »
Out of respect, i guess yes. But in our case, paguwi namin galing Boracay (where he proposed), saka kami nagsabi sa daddy ko.  On his side naman, matagal na syang nagsabi sa mom nya since kasama din nya mom nya nung bumili ng engagement ring for me :)

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #323 on: September 03, 2014, 01:09:57 pm »
  sis fionapple, kaka kilig yung proposal sayo!! hehe kaka aliw marining mga proposal stories!!! and your rings sound lovely as well.

kami naman, the night he proposed, nasiraan pa kami ng car!! kinda unromantic. Hahaha pero natatawa lang ako. All is well and still wouldnt change a thing.

^thanks sis.:)

z0z

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #324 on: September 03, 2014, 02:48:18 pm »
My story is funny. I kind of saw it coming but still got surprised.


He is not pinoy kasi, so he asked me what's the Filipino tradition. All I know was the old school way of pamamanhikan; where the guy talks to the parents to ask for the hand. Recently ko lang nakikita yung proposal and engagement ring. So when we were in Manila last May, he asked my dad. My mom being so madaldal, told me she saw the ring and it was pretty. We went to El Nido and Boracay.....waley proposal. Hahahaha


Last July we went to Paris, we had dinner on this fancy restaurant on a fancy hotel suited up and all. He was so uneasy during the dinner. Then bill out time. Waley nanaman proposal!

The next day, we were sitting on a bench in a quiet part sa tabi ng Eiffel, he was in shorts and I'm in my slippers. Then he got down on one knee and read a letter. We are engaged, in our most relaxed moment, not so much of a spectacle, except for the grandmas relaxing beside us who clapped when I said yes :)

But yeah, it's kilig, my rings are not so fancy, not something I would buy for myself hehe) but the thought that we will be planning the day that we will spend the rest of our lives forever is what's important.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:03:36 pm by z0z »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #325 on: September 03, 2014, 03:34:24 pm »
Sis zOz I can relate to your story!! Hehe Last year we had a big fight and while patching things up, he said he really is serious with me and had already secretly bought a loose diamond in our last hk trip because he wants to marry me. Some months after we had a Europe trip... and no proposal. Birthdays, Vday passed ....and still no proposal. We had a  trip to Phuket with friends... still no proposal.I was getting bored and having doubts in the meantime and thought we were going nowhere.

  then a few months ago we were drinking at a bar, just talking, and he proposes!! In the most unromantic place and manner. HAHA then we left the bar, nasiraan pa kami ng car. Hehe and I dont remember half of what he said bec I was buzzed.  Hehe .
   
 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:12:47 am by Chili1113 »

DominiqueL

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #326 on: September 03, 2014, 09:13:57 pm »
Always ko na to dream!:) of course it's very romantic lalo na when the love of my life proposed..:) best night of my life!

juwie

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #327 on: September 03, 2014, 09:43:59 pm »
Sis Chilli1113 pareho tayo, buzzed din ako when my fiance proposed.  ;D

bubblywobbly

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #328 on: August 08, 2015, 06:11:37 am »
I think it is important because it will formalize yung moment na he is asking you to be with him for the rest of his life.

In my case, hubby proposed 2 days before my birthday. We were just lying in his bedroom kwentuhan. Labas pasok sya ng room at halatang hindi mapakali. So I asked him why. Then may inabot siya. Pagtingin ko yung e-ring na nga! Then he opened it and sinuot niya sa akin while saying "Will you marry me?" Kinilig ako talaga! and said "Yes!". hehe Best birthday gift.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:15:24 am by bubblywobbly »

Reynamargallo

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #329 on: August 08, 2015, 08:52:02 am »
For me, hindi importante. But my fiance gave me a super nice ring. More than what I expected. Sobrang ganda ng binigay niya :) inisip ko nga, "do i really deserve this? Am i that special para ibili ng ganitong kamahal na ring." 


monopoly19

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #330 on: October 25, 2015, 08:37:52 am »
Important to me. But we have already started planning the wedding and getting suppliers. We are way over budget and I know he can't afford to buy me an e-ring. Ang sad ko pero mas ok na walang e-ring kesa tipirin ang wedding. I'll just try to get over this feeling.

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #331 on: October 25, 2015, 12:00:10 pm »
Yes for me. When I started having knowledge about jewelries, I vowed never to buy rings for the sole purpose that I want my fingers to only be filled with my engagement ring and our wedding ring. I kept that until i was 30 years old.

I didnt get the proposal I dreamt of though since he proposed in a cold place, it was almost winter so mejo impossible for him to kneel. Mas lalo akong nanlamig when he asked then got giddy after  ;D

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #332 on: October 25, 2015, 04:20:18 pm »
For formality's sake it is, especially when your family has a traditional mindset. I think having an e-ring is part of every girl's wish list espc if you know stuffs about diamonds. Although I didn't get a flashy, attention-grabbing, overly-decorated, super hyped proposal.. which my fiance was so capable of doing, ours was something so private and simple since he did it at our flat in front of my parents on an ordinary Sunday night. Feeling Toni Gonzaga lang  ;D

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #333 on: October 26, 2015, 05:55:17 am »
I never wanted a catchy you tube worthy proposal because I'm a kinda mahiyain, I hate the limelight but my fiance still did what he wanted which is a proposal in public. Napag usapan na namin na ikakasal na kami, naka set na yung date and we we're planning to prepare na when he proposed. I guess kahit i never wanted a proposal ok na din cause that's our partner's way of telling us how much they love us and what are they willing to do to make us feel special pero if they didn't do it, that doesn't mean they are not sincere, baka very private lang din sila. That's not going to define your relationship so just be thankful. I don't like expensive rings too kasi magaling ako ako magwala ng mga bagay bagay. I remember he gave me a pair of earrings before tapos after 2hours lang nawala ko na. hehe anyway, just sharing  :)

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #334 on: October 26, 2015, 11:35:49 am »
Both are important to me and both the proposal and engagement ring I got from my fiancé are pretty awesome. Although I don't remember all the things my fiancé said during his proposal, I still get kilig everytime I think about that day. He proposed in a public place but the way he did it, it was actually private.

We were in Puerto Rico for vacation (and waiting to embark on a cruise). It was a little over a week after our 7th year anniversary. I had a feeling that he will be proposing during this vacation and thought he would do it during our cruise. So while in Puerto Rico, I was so relaxed and carefree. Before we left our hotel to go sight-seeing in San Juan, my then bf actually said "Ang ganda ganda ng Puerto Rico tapos yan lang isusuot mo??" pertaining to my get-up lol. I was actually just wearing a regular shirt, shorts, and sneakers kasi kaya when he said that, I changed into something else na lang haha ::)

So as were sight-seeing, we went to one of the forts in San Juan and coincidentally there was a couple who were having their post-nup pictorial there. Nagparinig pa ako na how lovely it was to have some kind of pictorial there nga. LOL. After we left he asked me if I wanted to check out another, much bigger fort even if it was closed. Medyo nagtaka ako why he wanted to go kung sarado na nga but I just went along with him anyway. He kept looking around and pointing to spots on the field he wanted to check out. So fine, I go along with him and even posed stupid poses as I asked him to take my pictures. I was holding my purse and a bag of souvenirs at the time so he told me to give my stuff to him so he can put them on the grass away from the background. Nung binaba nya yung gamit ko, pati yung camera binaba din nya and that's when I knew he was going to propose and I started crying. As he stood up he took a box out of his pocket (can't believe I didn't notice the box in his pocket, it was super obvious in the pictures from our camera!), hugged me and told me he had already asked my parents for permission. He knelt down on one knee and asked me to marry him. To top it off, when he opened the engagement ring box, napa-wow ako. He got me the the ring I had told him I wanted and when I complimented it, he said that I deserve it. He also hired a photographer to document his proposal. I didn't expect this kind of proposal from him but I'm so happy he found a way to surprise me. Sharing the pictures from our surprise engagement taken last year =)

http://gallery.aliceacaldas.photography/richardlourdes-surpriseengagement/?pid=49088286&id=9&h=MzYwNjY0MDkxNA

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2015, 12:18:02 pm »
^I love the proposal location!! Omg!! Makes me wanna go there hehe. And, your gorgeous ring!!! <3 Cheers to a fellow halo ring bride!

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2015, 12:44:20 pm »
wow that is so sweet sis lourd3ss! ♥♥♥

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2015, 11:12:58 pm »
Thanks ladies! The fiancé met and went beyond all of my expectations of him. He's not one to be all romantic and mushy kasi so I was really overwhelmed and overjoyed with how he proposed.

^sparklingjewel Puerto Rico is amazing. I highly recommend going there. It's one of the few places my fiancé and I would love to visit again in the future.

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2015, 12:58:36 am »
the place is sooo romantic sis lourd3ss, i love your proposal pics!  :)

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #339 on: October 27, 2015, 11:09:58 am »
^tiffany24 thank you!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close