Author Topic: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?  (Read 117787 times)

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2010, 08:27:55 am »
On a scale, 10 being the highest, the proposal is probably a 6 for me. I think it's important that the guy asks but doesn't really matter how he does it. Just as long as sa kanya talaga nanggaling. Ayoko na ako ang maguudyok. And a little wish- I just want to be caught off guard. Whether I will get excited or teary-eyed, basta wala ako idea, ok yun.

As for the ring, I'm incredibly anal so I want to be the one to shop for it. Pero siya magbayad. Bigay niya lang sa akin ang budget, ako bahala mamili. Ayoko din ng heirloom because I believe that their jewelry should stay within their family.  I want a ring pa din because I wear my mom's engagement ring and when I do, I get the irrational but very comforting feeling that I'm carrying a symbol of my parents' love for each other. And I want to pass on that feeling to my future kids, if we have any. Doesn't make sense, I know hehe ;D

hearts_and_arrows

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2010, 01:21:45 pm »
it's really not that important for me kung magpropose sya sakin at lalo na magbigay pa sya ng engagement ring. hindi kasi kasi kami natural na romantic ni h2b. besides, nasa right age na kami to settle down.

but then, he proposed and gave me e-ring. iba pala talaga ang feeling if the guy formally propose. it's something that doesn't happen to often sa isang babae. kasi ibang level ang effort na binigay nya. he shown how important i am to him. and since sa church sya nagpropose, it shows that he wanted God to be the center of our life.

for the e-ring. again, it's not really important for me. but everytime i look at it, may certain kilig... naaalala ko lagi how he propose... and it's easier to tell my friends and family that "I'm engaged!".

melai1010

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2010, 01:59:47 pm »
Before hindi sakin importante ang bagay na yan,in fact hindi ko inexpect na ma eengage pa ako  ;D

when i was 22 i met a guy na akala ko prince charming na ek ek relationship was normal and he even asked me if i want to marry him (without the ring ) syempre oo naman ako but then andami na nangyari- nagka anak kami and all wala pa rin kasalang naganap,that time hindi ako makauwi saamin for an obvious reason until i decided to go back home with my son at sabit pa sya,inspite of that nakuha pa nyang mag cheat and thank God dumating ang time natauhan ako- kahit ayaw ng dad ko sa desisyon kong humiwalay sa dad ng anak ko for a lame reason na ayaw daw nya matulad ang anak ko samin na product ng broken family,one day,pinagsarhan ko na sya ng pinto and told my dad " its not forever that youre gonna be with us to support and guide us" Id rather stay a single mother than to be with someone na walang backbone and cheater pa

years passed ,normal life out of the blue i met someone from the internet na napagsasabihan ko ng mga problems ko (actually para lang syang "daily Journal" ko noon,and sya din,being an army medic na deployed sa iraq-we helped each other go on through our rough roads by just being there to listen to each other)this guy's 4 years younger- i never thought na ito na pala ang " hero" ng buhay ko- met in person after a year and went back to propose-- may ring na! ganun pala feeling parang nasa heaven and ring bearer pa ang aking lil prince.So ngayon ko lang talaga na realize na iba parin talaga ang may ganitong "moment"

fds4eva

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2010, 08:44:08 am »
it's his commitment and willingness to marry that matters. but it would be nice to see some rock with it  ;D

beautz

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2010, 05:39:27 pm »
i love the story of melai... parang at the end of the day all things turn into good talaga...

kasalguide

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2010, 11:15:37 am »
maganda rin kasi kung may maikkwento ka in the future kung pano nagpropose [textspeak!] husband mo diba?? somehow it shows na he's willing to do everything and put on a grand show para lang hingin ang kamay mo... awwww!

pero wag kayong malungkot sis, in a way kung wala mang proposal, eh dapat ilook forward nyo na lang ang pagiging together habang buhay  :-* pero like me na simpleng dinner sa resto, and a surprise ring and the question "will you marry me," everytime i remember it napapasmile talaga ako  :) but i feel content everytime I hear or read proposal stories na unique and super nakakakilig  ;D

chubs_0318

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2010, 03:47:51 pm »
sobrang sarap naman makabasa ng mga ganito.hope na maranasan ko na rin to soon.been with my bf for 5 years.We are planning to get married in 2012. I hope he will exert effort in his wedding proposal. Although I am not expecting for an expensive ring. I just want it to be romantic and memorable.Yung tipong cheesy at mapapaiyak ako tuwing maaalala ko yung araw na yun. :D

michimac03

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2010, 12:07:56 am »
super important talaga ang proposal, heheh..ive a long-time bf,now my h2b..alam ko [textspeak!] nagpapahiwatig siang magpapakasal kmi pero siemps kelangan ko masiguro, kaya iniimagine kong magpopropose n sia soon..sa lagi kong pagaasa, nag de-daydream sa 'romantic moment' hehe..tpos dumating na yun moment, nagpropose [textspeak!], in fairness, pero sobrang frustrated ko, dahil super simple [textspeak!], at malayo sa inimagine ko..ok [textspeak!] kmi, were preparing for the wedding, pero parang nagka-trauma ako at ayaw kong pag-usapan kpag ngpapakwento mga pips....

sydxoxo

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2010, 12:16:51 am »
pano nga ba natin sasabihin sa mga BFs if ano gusto nating proposal? with the help of a friend? pagusapan ba? parang nawala na ata excitement nun if syo pa manggaling d ba? for me, gusto ko din ng memorable na proposal, the wedding itself, simple lang gusto ko but the proposal dapat bonggang-bongga! a proposal is unexpected, exciting, yung wedding, scripted na halos lahat. sympre may program and rehearsed na so alam mo na mangyayari. 

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2010, 01:01:34 pm »
^i don't think you have to do that hahaha! dapat bahala na si bf mamrublema kung pano mag propose hahaha!

sydxoxo

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2010, 08:55:23 pm »
^gusto ko lang naman sabihin na gusto ko bongga yung proposal, not naman suggest things kung ano pwde niya gawin. pwde naman yun d ba?  ayaw ko madisappoint in the future. pero hindi ko muna pro-problemahin yun, maghahanap muna ako ng BF  ;D

melai1010

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2010, 10:19:47 am »
kasama sa magic ng proposal ang surprise.. my fiance proposed to me a night when we just got back from our 4 day bohol scuba diving getaway-- nice white sand beach,romantic setting pero mas ginusto pa nya na sa balcony ng aking yumaong lola mag propose na pareho pa kami pagod sa halos 12 hours na byahe.. :D

boo.dha

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2010, 12:17:56 pm »
I am such a romantic so I would really hope to get off guard.  Problem sakin is I tend to talk about it with my past 2 relationships so when they proposed to me, I expected them to na.

I will try to be quiet about it this time and hope na if ever man talaga magkaproposal, I would be caught off guard.  If meron the works, I would love it more pero wala nalang expectations.

Sundari

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2010, 12:10:43 pm »
I'm not really a fan of bongga proposals but I value the e-ring.
The e-ring validates the fact that your man wants to marry you. I also believe that it is the sign that says "This is it, time to start the wedding plans."

spartan

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2010, 08:46:17 am »
proposals and engagement rings only became popular because of media.

Blame movies, drama series and Walt disney for his Prince - princess cartoons.

majorpain

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2011, 05:08:31 am »
Mag one year na kami when he just started getting a paper and list the guests that will be invited sa wedding namin in the future. natatawa lang ako and didnt pay much attention. next thing i knew, nag hanap na sha wedding fairs and nagpupunta na kami. Then, nagbook na ng major suppliers. Weird kasi nauna ang prepartions before the FORMAL proposal. haha! sa december na ang e-ring. alam ko na kasi ako pumili ng design dahil baka daw madisappoint ako sa taste nya. kakainis sana nisurprise na lang ako. hehe! but im super happy... i think ang pinaka impt eh sure na sure na talaga kayo sa isat isa :)

celica

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2011, 02:03:19 pm »
Before I thought I will not experience the marriage proposal thing. Akala ko kasi sa tv lang 'yon.  ;D
But of course, now that I'm already engaged, I really value my engagement ring, not because of the value but because of the symbol  :)
Though the proposal was not like those in the movies, I really appreciate his confidence in proposing sa SM parking lot  ;D

Dolphining

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2011, 01:52:28 am »
I place proposal at the top of my important list. The more creative and romantic the better. The engagement ring for is just a token/symbol. Doesn't need to be expensive.

muahmuahmuah

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2011, 10:02:53 am »
recently two married gf's shared with me the importance of having an engagement ring. ako all i had in mind was yeah i want a ring to make me believe na 'uy totoo na he wants to marry me' and yung sweet na proposal kahit simple lang is fine with me.  the gf's naman said na sa engagement ring mo malalaman kung kaya ka pakainin ng mapapangasawa mo and if  let's ay wala naman sa budget or alam mo he worked hard to give you a pricey ring it means maabilidad sya in finding ways to support and  take care of you. of course kanya kanyang rationalizations when it comes to this but it was a good insight for me na dun pala lumalabas ang value and halaga niya sa iyo. mapapaisip ka rin na kaya pala may dowry ang ibang cultures, parang advance payment na rin pala yun if ever in the middle of it all eh he brings you grief  and if incase he goes incognito all of a sudden may masasangla ka hehe.

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2011, 11:32:50 am »
^LOVE IT! LOL!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close