watch now

Author Topic: Full time working moms  (Read 32445 times)

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2016, 07:06:47 pm »
^meron na ako solo parent sis hehe inaavail ko yan tuwing may activity anak ko sa school or need to bring her to the doc

Ako naman dayshift sis.. Lahat ng pinasukan ko kelangan talaga dayshift because ayoko mawalan ng time sa daughter ko and wala rin tutulong sa assignments and reviewing niya. May super lapit na mga call centers samin pero puro night shift, whats the use diba? Malapit nga pero hindi naman din kayo magkikita ng anak mo plus hindi kakayanin ng katawan ko. Kaya kahit ang layo ng work ko, tiiis tiis nalang..

cheniwin

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2016, 06:04:50 pm »
full-time working mom to two young boys, one 4 y.o and one 9 mos. old...buti na lang may hubby na katuwang...

nagpapabreastfeed ako sa 9mos., night shift ako sa work at wala kami yaya or family member na pwede makatulong sa pag-aalaga, nagstart na din mag school un panganay ko...

so far namamanage naman namin, galing din ng asawa ko eh, luto-laba-alaga sa gabi sa mga bata, siya...ako tagalinis house at taga-hatid/sundo sa bata sa eskwela...

since night shift ako, sa morning bago ako umuwi, namamalengke na ko kung may kelangan bilhin...every Sunday namamalengke din ng majority kelangan namin si hubby...we live in Sta Maria and my office is in the Ortigas area...

pagod na ako hahaa, less sleep, kasi I get to sleep mga around 1PM pa to 6PM kasi I have to leave early mga two hours at least ang travel time...minsan naiisip ko din na bumalik na lang kaya dito sa Manila tumira pero sayang tong house na to...

Gosh sis hands down ako sayo as in
i am looking for tips with condition na gaya ko am si hubby ako naman night we only have my mother in law na kasama sa bahay we have a toddler 2 and half na and one coming out this july sana makaya ko sana mkaya namin magasawa kasi parang nastress na ako isipin pa lang lalo na si byanan pauwi uwi ng province ala ako magasa kundi magleave para makatulog naman ako after magaalaga sa bahay haaay
sana makaya ko d ko talaga alam pano ko mamamanage pag dalawa na sila

yn061515

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2016, 02:32:53 pm »
I have a 2 year old son and back to working full time.
If you are in the same boat, how do you handle it?

I live in overseas, so no yaya or house maid  :(
My son goes to daycare twice a week and 3 days with a baby sitter (she's my mom's friend and she's filipino)

Share your experience please :)

This post was 6 years ago, haha! Your baby is now 8yo, I guess?
I am in the same situation, almost. I have a 14month old and we are based in the Middle East. Both my husband and I are working fulltime and we have no control over our schedules. We leave Y in daycare 5x a week except Friday and Wednesday because we are on off on those days. We pay 1000QAR every month for this. Sometimes I'm thinking of sending her back to the Philippines with my parents but then I will start to cry and remember all those heartbreaking moments when she's still away. No amount of money can make me choose to be away from her again. I just hope and pray her residence visa will be approved soon.

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2016, 04:42:59 pm »
^sis helencons, fulltime working lawyer din. not yet a mom. but our baby will be born this April-May 2016. already looking for a yaya. hay naku. di ko pa alam pano gagawin. pareho kami nagwowork ng husband ko. since i am an only child, we decided to get ask my mom to live with us. pero bata pa siya, 58 years old lang. still an active lawyer herself. my MIL, also a 58-year old, is a businesswoman naman. both excited maging lola, pero parehong wala pang time mag-alaga. did you work while your child was still an infant?

UPDATE ko lang. di pa nakareply si sis helencons until now pero ok lang. My husband and I are both full-time working parents. We now have a 3 month, 3 week old baby. My mom comes home during weekends but she is still quite young for a lola at 58, she still has a very active career.

I hired a yaya to take care of our baby. I leave home at 616 to 630-ish and arrive home at 6p.m. As of now, I can see that yaya has been taking care of my baby very well. That is why we treat our yaya very well. My husband and i take care of baby at night. She sleeps beside me inside a small crib. She is sleeping well. Sometimes she can sleep straight from 9pm to 5am. whether or not she wakes up at 3 a.m., I wake up at 12 and 3 am to breastfeed her and to change her nappy.

I breastfeed and bottlefeed my baby with exclusive breastmilk. I pump milk at work 3x. sometimes when i have hearings I have to pump in the car. As of now, everything is going smoothly. My baby is learning how to talk and is very very cheerful. She drinks 12-15 oz of BM everyday. But unlilatch kami when we are together. My husband and I read board books to her every night and she seems to be enjoying that activity.

If I were a stay-at-home mom, I would not hire a maid anymore. However, I think there is nothing wrong with my being a working mom. I have a great and flourishing career and I think I can balance work and family well.  We have a day care facility at work but they only accept toddlers from age 3.

I do not think that i do not have time for my family, in fact, we spend a lot of time together. especially on weekends because I only work from Monday to Friday.

I do not feel guilty about continuing to work. My work helps my family live quite comfortably. We can provide well for our child and our future children. My husband and I are able to save for my daughter's education fund.

mikelly

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2016, 05:59:50 am »
I have a work homebased for 2 years now.  It is not always regular as there are times the client will give-up due to financial incapability so pati employment ko affected.  Wala ding 13th month pay and bihira ang bonus depending sa client.  I have a 9 years old daughter in which I was able to watch over her on my 2 years stay-at-home work and I can say she's pretty independent.  Of course, not 100%.

I am planning to go back to corporate office (dayshift) so I would be able to have a stable earnings.  Ang hirap din kasi na nawawalan ng client.  I dont want to get a helper to watch over my kid kasi mas takot ako and walang trust sa knila.  Mas trusted ko pa anak ko to be alone sa house.  I just think she will have to wait for me 1.5 to 2 hrs from the time she came home and pauwi naman ako from office.  Ok lang kaya to leave a 9 year old child sa house? I know this sounds a bit nakakatakot.  We are leaving in a condo.  Actually I ahve training her to keep our main door locked all the time and not to open it unless it is me or her dad.  She can follow naman. And I assured her na if she came home from school in the afternoon we can talk over the phone so she wont feel shes alone. 

Actually shes independent na especially in her personal hygiene where she cleans up regularly right after school and take some snack / rest before doing her homework. Shes also the type of kid na easy to manage and sinanay ko to do on her own. This is also the reason why Im a bit confident of going back to offices.  And i prefer to get a job the nearest possible sa place namin.  I know that our place is safe naman I just want to think more and come-up with better decision.

Please let me know on how you think.  =)

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2016, 02:30:34 pm »
^I have a 9year old too and I don't ever leave her alone in our condo. Not even to get something quickly from the lobby. Even though she is mature too for her age, she's still a kid. Paano if may sunog? Earthquake? How will she react? If madulas siya in a bathroom? Even if well trained, you'll never know how will react when she's placed in the situation? Siguro praning mom lang ako.

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2016, 11:56:18 am »
9 years old is a bit too young to be left alone. Around 11 pwede na, depending on how mature the child is. And make sure that the child is trained when there's emergency! Naranasan ko kasi sa anak ko one time, umalis lang ako sandali and I left him alone. Tapos nagkaron ng fire incident dun sa opposite na dulong unit ng apartment building namin. Although I told him what to do in case of fire, nung actual na hindi alam ang gagawin. Tinawagan ako sa cell kaso di ko narinig kasi maingay dun sa pinuntahan ko. When I saw the phone, tumawag ako tapos umiiyak kasi di alam gagawin. So, I told him to run downstairs. Thankfully, the fire was caught in time. Isa pa, mataas ang crime rate sa atin sa Pilipinas. Pano kung me akyat bahay?

googoo

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2016, 01:47:32 am »
FayeP I feel for you.  I can only imagine having to travel from bulacan to ortigas.  Ang bagal ko mag drive and it takes me forever to get to my destination.  Sana you can get yourself a yaya.

Anyway, I'm also a full time working mom.  There was a time when I thought that I had to give up my career because I could not get a yaya.  Both my mom and MIL are young and both don't really have either the time or patience to care for my little one full time.  Now, things are quite manageable and I could not get any happier.  I have a fulfilling career and I can help provide for my family's wants and needs.

jowvxyz

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2016, 06:06:41 am »
Joining! I'm a full time working mom to 4 kids (ages 11, 9, 7, 2) and we're based overseas. I work from morning to afternoon so I drop off and pick up my 3 kids in school. During weekdays, we have a babysitter for my youngest (no choice na kahit medjo mahal). Good thing na din na magkaiba yung schedule namin ni hubby sa work kaya we can manage our situation kahit mahirap lalo na kapag weekends, ayaw kasi ng older kids ko ng babysitter so pag morning si hubby in charge sa kanila, sa gabi naman ako. Minsan conflict scheds namin ni hubby pag weekend kaya hindi maiiwasan na maiwan yung 3 kids ko na sila lang at home, I just leave them with food and I make sure they have the numbers na they can call in case of emergency while my youngest goes to daycare kapag kailangan lang talaga. On my rest day, household chores naman. Sobrang hirap and nakakapagod but doable naman. Tyaga lang. :)

cindy_rella

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2016, 09:33:01 am »
Joining the club! 8)

FayeP

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2016, 04:48:12 am »
welcome to the club mga sis, ang club ng mga ulirang nanay hahah


ganun pa din situation ko, wala naman din kasi talaga kami balak kumuha ng yaya kasi ayoko na may iba din mag alaga sa mga bata...salamat na lang talaga sa asawa ko...

sa ngayon preggy ako with the 3rd baby, 6 weeks na kaya puyatan na naman ulit next year, planning na magpaligate kasi ayoko na din naman madagdagan pa sila...


ganun pa din ang shift ko 9pm to 6am pa din, from Sta. Maria to Ortigas and back araw-araw...

cheniwin

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2016, 04:18:53 am »
FayeP I feel for you.  I can only imagine having to travel from bulacan to ortigas.  Ang bagal ko mag drive and it takes me forever to get to my destination.  Sana you can get yourself a yaya.

Anyway, I'm also a full time working mom.  There was a time when I thought that I had to give up my career because I could not get a yaya.  Both my mom and MIL are young and both don't really have either the time or patience to care for my little one full time.  Now, things are quite manageable and I could not get any happier.  I have a fulfilling career and I can help provide for my family's wants and needs.

sis and sissies, how do you manage not having a yaya but working full time

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2016, 03:37:40 pm »
I have a work homebased for 2 years now.  It is not always regular as there are times the client will give-up due to financial incapability so pati employment ko affected.  Wala ding 13th month pay and bihira ang bonus depending sa client.  I have a 9 years old daughter in which I was able to watch over her on my 2 years stay-at-home work and I can say she's pretty independent.  Of course, not 100%.

I am planning to go back to corporate office (dayshift) so I would be able to have a stable earnings.  Ang hirap din kasi na nawawalan ng client.  I dont want to get a helper to watch over my kid kasi mas takot ako and walang trust sa knila.  Mas trusted ko pa anak ko to be alone sa house.  I just think she will have to wait for me 1.5 to 2 hrs from the time she came home and pauwi naman ako from office.  Ok lang kaya to leave a 9 year old child sa house? I know this sounds a bit nakakatakot.  We are leaving in a condo.  Actually I ahve training her to keep our main door locked all the time and not to open it unless it is me or her dad.  She can follow naman. And I assured her na if she came home from school in the afternoon we can talk over the phone so she wont feel shes alone. 

Actually shes independent na especially in her personal hygiene where she cleans up regularly right after school and take some snack / rest before doing her homework. Shes also the type of kid na easy to manage and sinanay ko to do on her own. This is also the reason why Im a bit confident of going back to offices.  And i prefer to get a job the nearest possible sa place namin.  I know that our place is safe naman I just want to think more and come-up with better decision.

Please let me know on how you think.  =)

^in my opinion sis, dahil ikaw ang mommy niya, ikaw nakakakilala sa anak mo. at alam mo ang kakayahan nya. kung sa tingin mo kaya niya, why not subukan mo muna half a day na iwan siya. paunti unti. tapos tingnan mo kung anong gagawin nya.

bakit ko nasabi to? ako kasi 8 years old pa lang nung inumpisahan na iwan sa bahay. single mom kasi ang mother ko. 9 years old nakakasakay na ako sa bus papuntang probinsya. and back to manila.  so it depends din kung gaano mo kakilala ang anak mo. also kelangan ng maraming safety precuations. and call your child often...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close