watch now

Author Topic: Full time working moms  (Read 32466 times)

ApplePie

  • Guest
Full time working moms
« on: February 11, 2010, 01:48:57 pm »
I have a 2 year old son and back to working full time.
If you are in the same boat, how do you handle it?

I live in overseas, so no yaya or house maid  :(
My son goes to daycare twice a week and 3 days with a baby sitter (she's my mom's friend and she's filipino)

Share your experience please :)

LaChicaSexy

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:21:13 pm »
Same here..

Living in Europe and no yaya her either.
Just like ur son, my daugther also goes to the daycare twice a week and she stays the other 3 days with my mom.
I find it a bit hard, but it works well :)

emeenem

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 10:55:01 pm »
Count me in but I'm not living abroad.

My daughter is a year old and good thing my employer is giving me a super flexi schedule. I work from home in the morning and go the the office in the afternoon na until 7pm. So in the morning, I get to change her diapers pa, bathe her, feed her and play with her. Everyday ganyan, kaya pagpatak ng 7pm, kumakaripas na ako nyan ng takbo para makauwi agad sa anak ko. Bawat second na naaabala ako(maraming sumasakay sa elevator, queue sa taxi, traffic...etc.) naiinis ako kasi I feel that nasasayang yung time ko with my baby. Kung pwede lang sana magteleport!

I leave her with a yaya and a maid para 2 sila. and I call her every hour via video call to check on her and the yaya too.

My hubby naman works at night shift. So medyo hindi nababakante si baby kahit tulog lang all the time asawa ko. Iba pa rin na nandoon sha kasi kapag kunwari nahulog o nadapa, iiyak ng malakas, magigising sha so walang palusot ang yaya.

Ang hirap kasi since day 1 pagbalik ko from maternity leave, I have been contemplating on resigning and focusing on being a full time mom na lang. Ang sakit sa loob iwan ang babies natin kahit alam natin na kailangan. Hindi lang yun, physically tiring pa. Pagod ka na sa work and yet you still want to spend as much time as you can with your child. Nakakaguilty if pagdating mo tulog na sha or antok na. Parang you want to punch yourself in the face. Kaya eto everyday, nagiisip din ako ng pwedeng business just in case matuloy ang plano kong pagreresign!

In the future naman, my plan is that when she starts school, I'll apply as a teacher din para sabay kami at mabantayan ko sha kahit papano.

Pero once nasundan, resign agad after ng maternity leave! Alam na ni hubby yan!

ceejhei

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 12:38:31 pm »
^ same here sis, im not in abroad too. working full time.
My work starts at 6am and ends at 3pm, mga 3:30pm nasa house na ako. Thanks God for allowing me to find an apartment na isang kembot lang from my work :)

hubby is also working on the night shift and yaya takes care of my 1. y.o daughter. tama ka, medyo kampante pa din ako kasi kahit papaano andun si hubby sa house kahit tulog, kapag malaglag si baby or masaktan, magigising si hubby.

Si hubby one time nung nadapa si baby tapos he's sleeping, nasa sala naman ako ang i witnessed kung anong nangyari kay baby, nakita ko si hubby, at natatawa ako at the same time, nung narinig umiyak ang baby ko, karipas ng takbo sa hagdan halos malaglag na at naka boxers lang, sabi "ano nangyari kayiana?". funny but sweet!

marssie

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:35:41 pm »
I have a 2 year old son and back to working full time.
If you are in the same boat, how do you handle it?

I live in overseas, so no yaya or house maid  :(
My son goes to daycare twice a week and 3 days with a baby sitter (she's my mom's friend and she's filipino)

Share your experience please :)

naku sis, yan ang pinoproblema ko sa ngayon, nasa ibang bansa din kami, with my 2year old son.. plan ko na sana magwork kaso di ko alam saan iiwan son ko at kung kakayanin ba niya na nasa daycare siya.. I think your situation is bit okay pa nga, kasi twice mo lang siya naiiwan sa day care, at yung 3days is sa kabayan pa na siguro naman mas natututukan siya at may 2days ka parin for your son.. :) kaya nga ako sana gusto ko ring work na mahanap is 2days off..

hotgeek

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 12:00:00 pm »
I'm a new mom and I'm working full time.

I have a yaya that I really trust. Unfortunately, my hubby spends weekdays in the province (for business and politics). At this moment, my daughter is in the province, i miss her terribly.  :'(

My daughter is 3-month-old

Kady_14

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 07:12:21 pm »
 ;) Ako din I work full time. Mas mahirap nuong maliliit pa sila. My kids are now school age. ( 6 and 7 year olds)

I also live a few minutes from work, Pero nuong maliliit pa sila 4 hours a day ang nawawala sa akin to travel to and fro from haus to work and vice versa. Ganun din gusto ko mg-teleport. Halos mambalya din ako sa MRT makauwi lang.  ::)  I can relate.

Ang masasabi and mapapayo ko lang, kung afford nyo naman mg-stay at home while the kids are still young. Yun gawin nyo (IMO) Feeling ko madami ko na-miss na moments with my kids kasi I worked a few months after I gave birth. Times then were different, we were both young when we had a family, so para walang masabi both of our families, we worked to support our growing family.

Ngayon malalaki na kids ko, di na sila as affectionate nun maliliit pa sila. I have more time na rin for myself. Sandali lang ang baby years. dapat i-enjoy.

Goodluck sisters.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 07:14:28 pm by Kady_14 »

yapeegurl

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:34:22 pm »
full time working mom din ako.. we have a 14month old son.. we're all in Singapore.. meron naman yaya na uber tyaga magpakain at magpa dede kay baby..

ang hirap lang pag sa ibang bansa ka, as in instinct/research/friends mo lang malalapitan mo sa mga baby issues.. kaya naging dependent ako sa GT.. at lahat trial and error.. ang dami kong mga namiss out na information.. mga things na di ko pala dapat ginawa or mga things pala na dapat ginawa ko... ka-sad talaga kaya parang nakaka challenge sobra ang role ko.. kasi sakin lahat ng balik everytime na may mapupuna sa baby ko like ang payat nya, meron asthma, may eczema dati, etc.. hirap din maging full time mom ha.. am working 12hours a day and 2 days lang ang off ko sa isang linggo.. kaya talaga nga naman todo effort ako pag off ako para full energy ako to be a wife, a mom, and an employee (a friend, a cook, etc! LOL)

sorry nag rant ako.. hahahha

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 12:58:23 pm »
i'm a fulltime working mommy and without a yaya pa at that. very hard. not for me only but for my daughter as well. a result, i recently decided to resign from work and be a fulltime mom. nakakatakot in a way since ever since graduating from college i was working fulltime. more of the kuwentos here

pinkpotato

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 10:47:23 am »
i'm a full time mom din. :) we are living abroad (singapore) pero may yaya naman kami na imported from the province to Sg.

agree with you marcia, every second counts and i want to be with H everytime. pati si hubs, naloloko na nga sa office kasi honda dot din.

so far so good. ayun lang most of the time nag iiyakan kami ni baby sa gabi coz she doesnt want to sleep pa and she wants to play with us pa pero kami we have to rest since maaga pa pasok bukas.


hapi_prego

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 05:10:06 pm »
full time working mom here, it's really hard since you have to give time for yourself as well. I have yaya for my eldest, and someone is taking care to my youngest naman.

Im not pressured to work naman, I can resign anytime, gusto ko lang din makatulong sa hubby ko on my lil own way.

as for time to my kiddos, we still manage kahit puyat we see to eat na katabi namin matulog babies namin  ;)

but if they're schooling na, Im not sure if I still want to work, mostly likely no na  ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 01:32:07 am by hapi_prego »

rnd0910

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 05:28:25 pm »
I am a full time employee and a weekend mom... kasi yong son ko na 2 1/2 yrs old nasa province sa mama ko. Ako lang kasi mag-isa dito sa manila, walang kamag-anak na titingin sa anak ko. Hindi kasi ako kampante na iwan lang ang anak sa yaya mag-isa. Mahirap especially ganun kabata pa... kaya eto sacrifice ko ang weekdays na di kami magkasama pero alam kong safe sya at naaalagan syang mabuti... kesa naman nandito nga sya pero isip naman ako ng isip habang nasa work. Sinusulit ko na lang pag weekend talaga... Pero in fairness kahit weekends lang kami nagkikita ng anak ko sobrang malapit pa rin sya akin... pag nandon ako ayaw nyang magpa-asikaso sa ibang tao even sa mama ko na kasama nya 5 days in a week... lagi nyang sinasabi "ikaw lang ma" or "mama lang". BTW papa nya nasa abroad naman.

maribeth

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 07:11:20 am »
I am overseas too and I am working 4 days a week. Day-off ko is Thursdays and of course, weekends. My husband works at home every Wednesday.

My daughter (2 y.o.) goes to the day-care 3 times a week.

My son (6 y.o) goes to the after-school care 2 times a week and once a week at the after-school gym.

Pag wednesday and thursday, nandiyan naman kami ni hubby, so okay lang.

It's really difficult to leave the children just like that in the day-care but it's just a matter of getting used to it. At the end of the day, my children doesn't even want to go home kasi enjoy naman sila sa paglalaro. Turst your child's instinct. Di naman nila magugustuhan doon kung di sila comfortable e. And being a working-mom needs to be very good in time-management. Without this, it'll be stressful.

miss-chievous

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 03:23:02 pm »
count me in.. working full time mom as well. baby has a yaya and mom's there to look after her. from day 1 pa lang ng nanganak ako inisip ko na mag resign but syempre andun pa rin yung thoughts na nakakahinayang din since baby pa lang si baby and we need to secure her future first. ang hirap grabe, paminsan pag miss ko si baby, like a weekend isnt enough, nag e-emergency leave talaga ako to spend extra time with her. parang bitin kase ang weekends eh. imagine, 5 days a week ka nagwo-work, you only get to play with your baby for about 2 hours a day(in my part kase i have to travel pa to and fro) and 2 days on weekends. mas maraming oras to spend with your officemates than with your own baby!! gosh... nakakaiyak talaga. i had few offers din sa ibang bansa, particularly singapore, but as much as i want to, stay talaga ako dito kase im not sure kung pwede isama si baby agad pag umalis ako and malaki laking adjustments yun. how did you do it mga mommies out of the country? i was just wondering.. dyan ba kayo nanganak or sabay sabay kayo umalis ni baby and hubby? i just couldn't bare to think na hindi ko siya makasama for so many months.. 10 days nga lang ako pinadala ng company out of the country, super parang mamamatay nako sa lunkot dun sa pagkamiss ko kay baby.

mommynimigz

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 03:37:29 pm »
I'm a FT working mom(day job with part time job pa online).  As much as possible, I really want to have quality time for my 3 year old son.  Kaya recently, I decided to resign from my previous company of 6 years and look for a new one na mas malapit sa house. So ngayon, I'm home by 30 mins :) kaya lang I feel kulang pa din e.  Especially he's attending a playgroup class every Sat. I'm thinking talaga to be a FT mom when he will be in pre-school na. Gusto ko hands on sa kanya..

Hirap talaga...but it's very rewarding naman when you see your child smile and show his love to you :D

kimebies

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 12:20:38 am »
Puede mag-join? ;)

I am a full-time Dentistry student which is apparently, mas energy-draining and time-consuming kaysa mag-work with the usual office hours.

Our classes is from Mondays to Saturdays and starts at 7-8AM (varies) and ends at 4-5PM. Masyadong maraming ginagawa-- deadlines, patient management, quizzes, homeworks, lab works, et cetera. My day doesn't end pag-uwi ko sa bahay. I still have to review, write stuff, do some research, lab works, whatnot. Nakakapagod talaga. I feel sorry for my son cos my time for him is limited lang.

Good thing may Nanny sya and there are helpers here sa house kaya medyo OK ako sa part na yun. What's stressing me out lang is my studies and my lack of time for my Pumpkin.

 :'(

helencons

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 03:02:27 am »
I'm a full time working lawyer.recently, i got promoted so my workload became heavier.

I'm fully committed to guiding my  2 yr old son and has even started planning, preparing and mapping out my individualized preschool curriculum that I will personally implement on top of his regular preschool curricula.

This means that I have lesser time for myself and lesser sleep.

lenieliam

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 10:10:40 pm »
i'm also a full time working single mom to a 15 month old baby boy.  i guess i am lucky that both my parents are still okay and they are willing to take care of my boy while i work.

problem lang is work is a bit hectic.  although it's only 5 days a week, my work goes home with me.  saka, i have to travel from time to time, so i have to leave my baby with my parents.

in my case, what makes it difficult is that ako lang mag-isa.  when i am not yet home, lolo and lola lang.  so when my baby gets sick, absent ako agad automatic.  walang hubby who can share the load of raising a baby.

my next hurdle now is i plan to attend a series of seminars for the next 3 months which means it will eat up my saturday too.  kailangan ko nga lang to attend for my career and for my baby's future din.  that means i only have sunday for my baby... just thinking about it, nasasad na ako :(


treesyuh

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 09:53:28 pm »
count me in! i'm a full time working single mom too! :) okay naman. i have a very supportive family who is helping me with my kid. my baby is the star of the family. when i'm at work, she is normally left with my mom and her yaya. silang 3 ang naggagala sa kung saan saan. :) i tend to balance everything naman - work, social life, family. i even sometimes have weekend work good thing sa gabi naman yung mga events ko pag weekends.

maribeth

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 04:34:22 am »
how did you do it mga mommies out of the country? i was just wondering.. dyan ba kayo nanganak or sabay sabay kayo umalis ni baby and hubby? i just couldn't bare to think na hindi ko siya makasama for so many months

Sis, dito na ako nanganak. Before I gave birth to my son, I have been here together with my husband for 7 years. So you could say that I have already adjusted to their way of living, before I started adjusting to motherhood. But you are right, it's difficult to imagine leaving your children behind. I admire those mother's who are able to do this. Kudos talaga to them....

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close